ClubAdventist is back!

Harold Camping

Textus Receptus

• Moderators

I agree. That's Ellen White's whole point.

I believe God does the same for other people. God allows believers in Christ to die when He sees it is best for them.

The Bible says that God does not allow us to be tested beyond that which we are able to endure.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cardw

• John317

• Overaged

• LifeHiscost

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those things aren't news. You're talking about things that have been known ever since 1845.

But you seem to be attempting to make something of those things that isn't true.

It is obvious to me that you are trying to make it appear that Ellen White lied.

The big difference between us is that you think Ellen White was a false prophet and "crazy" whereas I believe she was a true prophet to whom God showed visions. You evidently think she was making all these things up.

So if you want to believe that, it's your prerogative.

Quote:
I saw leading men watching him, and fearing lest he should receive the third angel's message and the commandments of God. And as he would lean toward the light from heaven, these men would lay some plan to draw his mind away. A human influence was exerted to keep him in darkness and to retain his influence among those who opposed the truth. At length William Miller raised his voice against the light from heaven.

According to Ellen White William Miller raised his voice against third angels message. Not to mention this paranoia about men laying plans to snare him.

Come on now. The Millerites were flat wrong about Jesus coming. Why wouldn't his friends tell him to stop making a fool of himself by continuing to follow just one more explanation? There comes a time where you have to simply admit that you're wrong and go on.

And she also suggests that those who reject this message won't benefit from Christ's mediation, which in Ellen White's view would mean they would be lost. If Christ doesn't mediate then you have to stand before the throne of god without a mediator and be held responsible for your sin.

You said that people who didn't accept the third angels message wouldn't be lost, but according to Ellen White they would.

Quote:
They lost all the light which they might have had upon the plan of salvation, and still trusted in their useless sacrifices and offerings. The heavenly sanctuary had taken the place of the earthly, yet they had no knowledge of the change. Therefore they could not be benefited by the mediation of Christ in the holy place. {EW 259.1}

She restates the William Miller failed to receive this message and followed human wisdom and yet he is not held responsible.

Quote:
He failed in not receiving the message which would have fully explained his disappointment and cast a light and glory on the past, which would have revived his exhausted energies, brightened his hope, and led him to glorify God. He leaned to human wisdom instead of divine, but being broken with arduous labor in his Master's cause and by age, he was not as accountable as those who kept him from the truth. They are responsible; the sin rests upon them. {EW 257.1}

So everybody else is responsible for their own choices except William Miller because he was "broken with arduous labor in his Master's cause and by age."

Hi Jawge, What do you think of,

Rom 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

First, this could apply to St. Paul prior to his conversion.

Second, this would apply to any who do not act in accordance with 1 Corinthians Chapter 13, a most beautiful passage.

Blessings,

JawgeFromJawja

Pro 5:18 Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.

(Thank you, Lord. She is my heart and soul.)