ClubAdventist is back!

Inalienable Rights

teresaq

Well! That's a keeper!! I'd say you did real well in that post PO and do not need any kind of interpreter--and I agree. :) God has given everyone the right to sin if they so choose. It started with Adam. Now there could have been a law made against him being able to choose....but God Who doesn't seem to think as well as we humans, didn't make a law forbidding Adam(and Eve) to make their own choices.

I'm still trying to get that 9th commandment enforced...Oh yeah, I get it...those who choose to lie, cheat and steal have the right to make that choice...I think I "got it".

Now,

Apparently no one knows how, or if, polygamy, homosexual practice, or homosexual marriage would affect negatively the rights of others. Maybe it doesn't...
Originally Posted By: teresaq(sda)
When it comes to polygamy, homosexuals, and homosexual marriage, how do their inalienable rights affect others? Or do they affect anyone other than the parties involved?

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• teresaq

• doug yowell

• Parade Orange

• Dr. Shane

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By your post I get the idea that you see this nation as a theocracy where we are to enforce the laws of God...

The question is not, what does God want...the question is

There are various issues involved in your statements here, but lets determine how same-sex "marriage", or "civil union" would infringe on my, or anyone else's, right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness".

How did you guys feel about desegregation which was pretty much forced on the people, well on certain "people" anyway?

Should they have been forced to serve blacks in their restaurants, etc.?

Quote:
It threatens religious liberty. In one case a Catholic adoption agency was forced to either close its doors or start placing children with same-sex couples. The agency decided to close its doors. In another case, a printing shop owned by a Catholic was ordered to print wedding invitations for a gay couple.
This is a prime example of the immediate effects of compromising the unique relationship between one man and one woman. Once homosexuality finds support it immediately seeks to force others to recognize it's legitimacy. It employs the force of the government to attempt to eradicate any dissent or opposition to it's agenda, and it's victims are the public in general. Notice who will suffer as a result of Catholic Charities being forced out of the adoption arena? Notice who the gay rights activists were not concerned with? If these two examples were the only examples one might rightly be concerned but when you begin to add up the overwhelming number of like incidents the picture should become crystal clear.

How many boycotts have the gay "rights" activists employed in order to force private parties into compliance with their agenda? Remember the Boy Scouts of America? Though the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in favor of the BSA"s right to keep out OPENLY gay leaders the movement was still able to pressure the City of San Diego into kicking them out of government owned facilities because of their "discriminating" policies (of course, this discriminated against those who held traditional views on sexual morality, but, no mind,government must not attempt to force morality,right?). Note who was "unaffected" by this governmental decision? Note who was now labeled as the "bad guys" and who suddenly becomes the "good guys"?

THe fact that the sym(pathetic)and supportive media fails to accurately report, or report at all, these cases is also a good indicator on how I/we are all affected by this question.And all these happenings occur WITHOUT the legal inclusion of same sex MARRIAGE!!

And there's more...

there are only three COMMANDMENTS that are enforced in the USA!

and interesting enough the ten are the big 10 in GODS WORLD

its easy to pick n choose what we ourselves will keep and force on others to keep

ummm..

hey u folks!

u do realize that billions will force u to keep a moral law that is loosley based on the 4th (very loosly) by judges public opinions/voting and legislation

why is that lost on some?

All progress in the Spiritual Life is knowing and Loving GOD

"there is non upon earth that I desire besides YOU" PS 73:25

That perspective changes EVERYTHING-suffering and adversity are the means that makes us hungry for GOD. Disapointments will wean us away wordly occupations. Even sin(when repented of) becomes a mechanism to push us closer to HIM as we experience His Love and Forgiveness.

Because it doesn't have to do with homosexuality, abortion, or their (our) pet sins, at least not the ones we are conscious of anyway.

there are only three COMMANDMENTS that are enforced in the USA!

and interesting enough the ten are the big 10 in GODS WORLD

its easy to pick n choose what we ourselves will keep and force on others to keep

ummm..

hey u folks!

u do realize that billions will force u to keep a moral law that is loosley based on the 4th (very loosly) by judges public opinions/voting and legislation

why is that lost on some?

its intesting to also note that people dont think GOD treats us with dignity and respect

JESUS did and there are at least a good dozen or more examples

and its scary to think that christians ,who love JESUS, dont think GOD treats humans with dignity and respect and in turn carry that principle to all they meet!

scary doo doo

u cant share JESUS with people u dont respect or dont treat with dignity

That perspective changes EVERYTHING-suffering and adversity are the means that makes us hungry for GOD. Disapointments will wean us away wordly occupations. Even sin(when repented of) becomes a mechanism to push us closer to HIM as we experience His Love and Forgiveness.

has anyone here sat with a Godly Lady or Man and looked into their eyes and see nothing but compassion and non condemnation?

Thats a great part of treating people with dignity and respect!

think about it !!!!!!!

its intesting to also note that people dont think GOD treats us with dignity and respect

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

JESUS did and there are at least a good dozen or more examples

and its scary to think that christians ,who love JESUS, dont think GOD treats humans with dignity and respect and in turn carry that principle to all they meet!

scary doo doo

u cant share JESUS with people u dont respect or dont treat with dignity

They may not understand what that means. :)

They may not understand what that means. :)

With what appears to be perfect understanding on your part would it be possible for you to answer my questions?

Why can't I have multiple legal and moral husbands. Why shouldn't I demand the dignity and respect that gays are requiring in the same way? Why shouldn't my husband have multiple wives? Who would it hurt and what right does anyone have to deny me what I want and demand?

A few years ago a brother and sister ended up married. The man had been adopted out after birth.The parents ended up marrying and having a daughter.Only after the fact and after a child had been born did the facts come out.

They refused to divorce. Their life has not had any noticable effect on my life or anyone that I know.What is wrong with marrying your brother and who has the right to deny my demands that others accept that as normal and just another lifestyle choice.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

i have sat in a room full of Christians and felt loved knowing they know me and what ive done

seeing GOD worked out in the flesh( community )

is powerful that weaves GRACE in your life thru HIS SWEET SWEET SPIRIT declared by HIS WORD

hopefully one day that will happen again

How did you guys feel about desegregation which was pretty much forced on the people, well on certain "people" anyway?

Blacks were denied rights that other citizens had. Gays are not denied any rights. Blacks were oppressed. Gays have the same freedoms as everyone else. Gays have an average income above the national average and a much higher rate of education than the general public.

Gay marriage is not a civil right, it is a special right. Gays can marry someone of the opposite sex just like anyone else. Gays cannot marry someone of the same sex, neither can I or anyone else. They have the same rights. There is no discrimination. What they want are special rights. We can talk about that but let's be clear, that is what we are talking about. Let's not pretend gays are some oppressed group of people being denied their civil rights like blacks and women were.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

i have sat in a room full of Christians and felt loved knowing they know me and what ive done

seeing GOD worked out in the flesh( community )

is powerful that weaves GRACE in your life thru HIS SWEET SWEET SPIRIT declared by HIS WORD

hopefully one day that will happen again

Is it right to assume that in order to show christian love they were campaigning and condoning a deviant lifestyle and demanding legal gay marriage?

politics was not being discussed

politics was not being discussed

So it is just as possible they were behaving in a christian manner without championing gay marriage?

Would you be as strident about my right to "dignity and respect" in legally having more than one husband or marrying my brother?

Well! That's a keeper!! I'd say you did real well in that post PO and do not need any kind of interpreter--and I agree. :) God has given everyone the right to sin if they so choose. It started with Adam. Now there could have been a law made against him being able to choose....but God Who doesn't seem to think as well as we humans, didn't make a law forbidding Adam(and Eve) to make their own choices.

No, He didn't. And included in that freedom was the surety of experiencing the consequences of disobeying His instructions. Notice that Adam and Eve did nothing against any other human being's freedom, and their decision had no negative effect on anyone else? Likewise, telling people that they are not supposed to have sex with the same gender does not forbid them from making their own choices. But Adam and Eve's choice ended up getting them eliminated from the benefits that non-sinners had been entitled to.Why then is forbidding the benefits of marriage to homosexual couples an unloving thing?

STRIDENT!

Honey, i would throw a parade in your honour! smileycool2chicky:

announce

no offense but i dont think your brother is a catch bwink

By your post I get the idea that you see this nation as a theocracy where we are to enforce the laws of God...

So are you admitting that the Law of God prohibits same sex marriage?

STRIDENT!

Honey, i would throw a parade in your honour! smileycool2chicky:

announce

no offense but i dont think your brother is a catch bwink

I am not your Honey.Perhaps you could use just a little of the respect you demand.

As you don't know any of my three brothers your opinion on them is completely worthless.

Still haven't answered my questions tho.

The question is not, what does God want...the question is...
The question is "Where do unalienable rights come from, and (in this particular context)do they include same sex marriage?"

Well, where do you think they originate from? How does that compare with what the signers of the Declaration of Independence stated in the Declaration itself?

The question is not, what does God want...the question is

u do have rancor in your heart to me

u actually think im going to try to reason with u anymore on this matter seeing u havent yet heard a word i said?

is this how u roll?

and i know u must see the jokes i make even though there is no giggling on the other side

but i still will treat this with a bit of humour cause truth be known i dont know what to do with all the evil energy u throw

Ok. So you also appear to expect this nation to enact laws based on the bible...because it is not written in any legal code which is what this nation goes by.

As long as enough people agree I guess it should be done. ?

Now that means we have to go back to jailing people for adultery...Since Jesus defined that as even looking at someone with lust in their heart everyone better watch how they look at another...It could be interpreted as, well you get the idea.

Since we are going by bible rules we also need to push for a 7th-day Sabbath law.

Etc.

Unless we are just picking and choosing which ones we want the state to enforce.

And that is the issue, are we talking the union of church and state, or the separation of church and state.

When do you want to have separation of church and state? When it interferes with your rights?

How does same-sex marriage take away someone else's rights? How does polygamy take away someone else's rights?

Honest questions from a believer in the separation of church and state, AND a believer in not imposing my beliefs on another, not even the sabbath, or having to believe in the biblical God, or the bible.

Originally Posted By: teresaq(sda)
Is it written somewhere that people have the right to marry someone of the opposite sex?

Of course it is written. It is written in the Bible as well as many other sacred books of other religions. ...