Top Posters In This Topic

• teresaq

• doug yowell

• Parade Orange

• Dr. Shane

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it's a kitty kat...

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Originally Posted By: teresaq(sda)
I think you are forgetting that "sin" is an unalienable right granted us by God.

If it weren't, Satan would have been destroyed instantly,

and we wouldn't,

each and everyone of us,

be living in sin

down here.

Open, unadulterated sin,

that we are free to commit

each and every day, all day, of our lives.

We all have the unalienable right to sin any way we choose, whenever we choose, as often as we choose.

... society has various restrictions/limits on what we can do, so does God. He sets limits.

Society has consequences for what we do. Society rarely has the ability to stop anyone from breaking its taboos.

When I look at the world I see God having allowed us perfect freedom to sin, to do whatever evil the enemy can inspire in us. Children are sold into sexual slavery every year. More and more children are left on the streets to starve...

And on and on...

I would be interested in what limits you see God setting as to how far we can go. And how you see Him imposing those limits.

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

I would be interested in what limits you see God setting as to how far we can go. And how you see Him imposing those limits.

Well; I guess my ideas of "limits on freedom to sin" could be seen as in the abstract sense; however, the results are very real.

When I picture myself as "free to do something" I also picture the consequense. That usually tells me how "free" I am to do it.

The reason I think that is simply based upon the verse that tells us "a person reaps what they sow." So if I am free to sleep around with anyone I feel like it; I am reminded of some of the reasons I am not so free to do it.

There are many similar examples. I find it hard to picture "sin" as a "right" that we all have. It is somthing we can choose to do; but the sin is not our right in my mind.

And I can trust"

I should also add that i can see why some people reach the conclusion that you do because of the points you make above.

And I can trust"

Well; I guess my ideas of "limits on freedom to sin" could be seen as in the abstract sense; however, the results are very real.

When I picture myself as "free to do something" I also picture the consequense. That usually tells me how "free" I am to do it.

The reason I think that is simply based upon the verse that tells us "a person reaps what they sow." So if I am free to sleep around with anyone I feel like it; I am reminded of some of the reasons I am not so free to do it.

There are many similar examples. I find it hard to picture "sin" as a "right" that we all have. It is somthing we can choose to do; but the sin is not our right in my mind.

I have always seen our choosing not to sin as quite distinct and different from the fact that God has always allowed us that choice starting with Lucifer/Satan.

If I understand you correctly, you seem to merge the two thoughts as one?

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

Yes; that's a good way to put it. I sort of merge the two. I guess it's because even in the beginning, Lucifer did have free choice; yet there were consequences...He reaped what he sowed, and will continue to...

Just like in the personal example I used, as to am i really "free" to sleep around with everyone or anyone I want?

It's just so hard for me to ever picture doing that as a "right"

One of the several constraints on that would be that I love my wife....so to me it's not really a totally free thing because there is a cost. Would be a cost...

Don't know if I am making sense or not but that's where I am at on the idea.

And I can trust"

We all have the unalienable right to sin any way we choose, whenever we choose, as often as we choose. When I look at the world I see God having allowed us perfect freedom to sin, to do whatever evil the enemy can inspire in us.
THis reasoning is dependent upon ignoring the testimony of the Bible(God)Itself. It selectively uses examples of sin and the failure of God to punish IMMEDIATELTY. It then interprets that slackness to be God's permission to continue sinning. It merely ignores not only the warnings of punishment but also the myriad of Biblical examples where God did punish immediately(how many examples of each are necessary to be pursuasive?).It further creates an intellectual delemna by creating inalienable rights that have laws which forbid their practice and accompanying punishments applied to the breaking of those laws.Reasoning from a nebulus philosophy of "choice" or "rights" can lead the human just about anywhere. Reasoning from the only reliable source of Truth clears things up considerably.

Ok, since some do not appear to be capable,

I will.

Would I have to legally rent to a same-sex couple? Do I now have to rent to a couple living together?

That's for starters. Only those who can prove their answers with the specific law, please.

Are you having fun posting to yourself? All those baited, leading questions...It must be hard keeping up with your own answers. If and when you present evidence against what the scriptures say a marriage is; I will reply to you again.

AMEN Overaged!!!

Luke 12:32 NKJV

Originally Posted By: Alchemy
[but, we need to understand that intuitively, it is easy to see something is wrong or filthy without actually spelling it out. If we ignore this basic principle, the Declaration and the Constitution are up for grabs.
But isn't that just the point of this whole thread? Just ignore Who (or what) makes the inalienable inalienable,ignore the documents that spell out those distinctions, ignore the history of what those who first declared the existence of those inalienables meant for them to refer to, pretend like the historical legality of the inalienables doesn't exist and, ta da, we should be able to work this thing out (ala the Beatles)..."We can work it out...

Excellent post,

And of course we can't work it out. Just look at this thread! LOL

The simple fact is that neither homosexual behavior or same sex marriage is an "inalienable right, granted by the Creator." But then, perhaps I'm out of place by referring back to the self-evidence of Nature and Nature's God.

And they are NOT inalienable by the Constitution or The Declaration of Independence!

I must say, the more feminism I see in the church, the more I see this relaxing of the gay rights issue as well. The laws of this land are wrong to allow for the gay rights of any kind.

I think you are forgetting that "sin" is an unalienable right granted us by God.

If it weren't, Satan would have been destroyed instantly,

and we wouldn't,

each and everyone of us,

be living in sin

down here.

Open, unadulterated sin,

that we are free to commit

each and every day, all day, of our lives.

We all have the unalienable right to sin any way we choose, whenever we choose, as often as we choose.

Completely wrong teresaq(sda)!!

Freedom of choice is an inalienable right from God that God is asking us to give back to Him! God wants us to use are inalienable right to choose to choose to give that right of choice back to God who gave it!

The Bible is clear, all sin and sinners will be destroyed! They will not have the right to live or choose or sin or anything else!

That is a very twisted definition of "rights". If that definition was true then God would need to encourage humanity to take advantage of those rights and all laws restricting evil behavior would be labeled as an infringment of those rights. But isn't that exactly what the argument is about, redefining what is right and wrong? So why is restraining either evil or good an infringment of inalienable rights? By the above construct anyone has the inalienable right to deny inalienable rights to anyone else merely because it an inalienable right to do so.

AMEN Brother!!

Excellent post.

Yeah, I think I see what you are saying, maybe.

God never gave anyone a real choice to not follow Him, cause in the end He will zap us good for not choosing Him? He's just letting us think we have a choice?

WOW!!

What a twisted understanding of God!

God is a God of justice! Can you love a God like that?!?

Amen!

We are all free to obey! All of mankind was created to be free to obey. To love God and express it fully in the likeness of God Himself.

• 2 weeks later...

teresaq(sda) wrote; "Society has consequences for what we do. Society rarely has the ability to stop anyone from breaking its taboos.

When I look at the world I see God having allowed us perfect freedom to sin, to do whatever evil the enemy can inspire in us. Children are sold into sexual slavery every year. More and more children are left on the streets to starve...

And on and on...

I would be interested in what limits you see God setting as to how far we can go. And how you see Him imposing those limits."

Sin isn't a "taboo"! Homosexuality isn't a taboo! LGBT is a disgusting lifestyle that we want all children warned to avoid!

Of course, God gives us freedom to choose. But, we are held responsible for the consequences. God makes it very clear and plain, there is life and there is death, so choose life, that you and your seed may live.

Because, if you choose death, you will die!

We need to explain to people just how easy it is to choose life or death.