ClubAdventist is back!

OMEGA of Apostasy - what do you think it is?

BobRyan

• Moderators

(quoting): ... By departing from the plain precepts and commandments of God, and giving heed to fables, the minds of many are preparing to receive these lying wonders. ... {Mar 208.6}

I wonder what will happen to those who have learned to depend on human reasoning and not on the Word of God.

I'm not opposed to human reason, of course, but any time it contradicts the plain precepts and commandments of God, I believe we have to realize there's a problem if we're in the habit of obeying reason instead of revelation.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Twilight II

• BobRyan

• miz3

• skyblue888

A couple of thoughts from my reading, can't recall the locations.

Those who are able to grow their own food will be like Kings and Queens. My interpretation: The trouble will last at least one growing season, a year or so minimum.

The trouble will exceed any trials and tribulations ever seen in the past. There was some trials and tribulations mentioned in Great Controversy I don't even want to think about. Some things Sister White didn't even want to comment on. It makes me tremble to think of whats coming.

Deceive even the very elect? Yeah, it's gonna be THAT convincing! How will we know? Only one way, the power of the Holy Spirit, without it, we WILL be deceived. This is not something where you can simply store up enough knowledge and memorize enough scripture and recall Sister Whites counsel. We NEED all that, but only a direct connection with the Holy Spirit will suffice, or, we too will be deceived.

There will be martyrs and some, perhaps many, will be in jail, for a long while. I suspect many will in be in there on "trumped up" charges not even related to Sunday/Sabbath issues. The worst possible crimes will be charged against them and "jail justice" from other inmates will be the result. Don't expect to have access to a bible. Don't expect the "jailor" to come to your rescue, he'll look the other way. Your ONLY hope will be in God, even unto your being beaten to death by your cell mate.

Some will escape to the country, leaving their wallets on a fallen log while they journey. Some will find a refuge prepared by those who moved to the country head of them, with a garden and rooms to house the inflow, or tents. That will last for awhile, until it's time to flee again, for everyone, abandoning the country home.

Somehow I think we are all expecting a series of miracles or something to protect us, to hide us, to feed us. I wouldn't count on it. Look at the Waldenses, life was hard, they went hungry, they got cold, they got found, the got murdered. Wives sang while their husbands burned at the stake, don't underestimate vigilanty justice in the country. The law will not protect you. Some escaped, some didn't, some saw their children die in front of them. Our bread and water will be sure? Sure,,, but we won't be eating like we do now, just enough to sustain life. Expect to loose some serious weight and forget about the "vega links". Try a potato, no salt, thats it. What, you expected manna? I don't think that will be happening for quite awhile after this thing starts, if ever, before the Lord comes. This is serious stuff, it's going to be very very real and extreme. Might be a good idea to get a handle on that "diet thing" now...

That is a good quote, people were deceived at the first advent of Christ through incorrect teachings on what to expect with the Messiah, and many will be deceived again through incorrect teachings on the 2nd advent

Galatians 3:29

(29) And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

In my post above, concerning the trial and hard life we will face in that time of trouble, I left out the most important part.

Without all the distractions of an earthly life, a normal life, a life concerned with getting to work, the kids to school, we will be free to focus entirely on developing a closer walk with Him.

The fierce trials we will face will keep us focused on the final stages of purification. It's gonna be wonderful!

• Moderators

Deceive even the very elect? Yeah, it's gonna be THAT convincing! How will we know? Only one way, the power of the Holy Spirit, without it, we WILL be deceived. This is not something where you can simply store up enough knowledge and memorize enough scripture and recall Sister Whites counsel. We NEED all that, but only a direct connection with the Holy Spirit will suffice, or, we too will be deceived.

I agree. You make excellent points here.

That's why Jesus spoke of the need of oil in our lamps. If we don't have oil-- the Holy Spirit-- we will be deceived. The only way people will be able to distinguish truth from deception is by the Holy Spirit. Also, the only way people will have the power to endure the persecution is by the Holy Spirit. It won't be a matter of mere will power and determination. Knowing the Bible and the writings of Ellen White themselves simply won't be enough to carry people through.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

The people who go through that period of time will have to know what it means to stand completely alone with only God as their support. They won't necessarily have the support of family and friends or even of other church members.

John says,

"They won't necessarily have the support of family and friends or even of other church members."

I am 100% convinced they won't! Each of us will have to stand alone, terribly alone. Church and family members are the very ones who "turned you in". That small group you were hiding out with? Torn apart, separated. Your told how they all accepted the laws of the State and you alone are left in rebellion. You may face death, alone, no one to see or appreciate what's happening. Your blood spilled has a purpose, but you might not see it.

Spiritually, I've been there, I know the incredible desperation it brings. Family, church, close friends turning their backs on you, ZERO earthly support. It's you, the Lord and the evil one all in close quarters. I did not fare so well, at first. I'm ashamed to say to say it. I was holding on to Jesus with one hand, pushing Him away with the other. Utter confusion, a battle for my very soul, the most disturbing event I've ever gone through. I know what it is to be alone, so very very alone. But in the end, I gained the victory, praise the Lord. The question that still troubles me is: How will I fare the next time? Will a spirit of rebellion once again raise it's ugly head? Oh Father, don't leave me now, save me from myself, is my prayer...

"Transgression has almost reached its limit. Confusion fills the world, and a great terror is soon to come upon human beings. The end is very near. We who know the truth should be preparing for what is soon to break upon the world as an overwhelming surprise."

"Soon an awful surprise is coming upon the inhabitants of the world. Suddenly, with power and great glory, Christ will come. Then there will be no time to prepare to meet Him. Now is the time for us to give the warning message." 8 T 28,37.

sky

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

• Moderators

Amen! That is so true.

The amazing fact is that a person will never be attacked and hated by the world as he will be by some members of the church after he becomes a Christian and turns his back on living for the devil.

Before I became a Christian, I had an easy, fun life, and many, many friends-- but then once I gave up my wicked habits and turned to Jesus, it is shocking how many Christians [all on the Forum] talk as if they wish I had stayed in that life and believe I made a mistake leaving it. Really makes you stop and think.

If we don't have oil-- the Holy Spirit-- we will be deceived. The only way people will be able to distinguish truth from deception is by the Holy Spirit. Also, the only way people will have the power to endure the persecution is by the Holy Spirit. It won't be a matter of mere will power and determination. Knowing the Bible and the writings of Ellen White themselves simply won't be enough to carry people through.

Agreed.

Amen! That is so true.

The amazing fact is that a person will never be attacked and hated by the world as he will be by some members of the church after he becomes a Christian and turns his back on living for the devil.

Before I became a Christian, I had an easy, fun life, and many, many friends-- but then once I gave up my wicked habits and turned to Jesus, it is shocking how many Christians [all on the Forum] talk as if they wish I had stayed in that life and believe I made a mistake leaving it. Really makes you stop and think.

Rev 3 - Jesus said "I would that you were either hot or cold".

The problem with luke warm Christianity is that it follows a path that Hebrews 6 says can lead to permanent darkness of the soul.

Christianity offeres great blessings - but also increased risk because knowing more we risk more if we turn our backs on it.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

If we truly appreciated the privilege offered to us, we would not be lukewarm. We would be hot spiritually.

What is this privilege? It is the privilege of coming to God, day after day, just as we are, sinful, helpless, dependent, claiming the merits of a crucified and risen Saviour!

"Unless he makes it his lifebusiness to behold the uplifted Saviour and to accept the merits which it is his privilege to claim, the sinner can no more be saved than Peter could walk upon the water unless he kept his eyes fixed steadily upon Jesus." Testimonies to Ministers, 93.

As we do this the Lord places us close by His side, encircling us with His human arm while with His divine arm He grasps the throne of the Infinite! We are then fortified. How? The angels of God are around us like a wall of fire; the righteousness of Christ is brought into the life and it goes before us and the glory of God is our rearward!

Led by the Spirit "We shall come in repentance and contrition, with a despairing sense of our own finite weakness, and learn that we must daily apply to the merits of the blood of Christ that we may become vessels fit for the Master's use." Faith and Works, p.86.

How eagerly do angels look to see who will avail himself of this opportunity.

sky

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.