ClubAdventist is back!

Non-SDA Speakers banned?

lazarus

• Moderators

Nothing to do with the "heart", everything to do with the simple biblical truth of the Sabbath.

Sorry, I think you ma ybe a bit off track there. It has very much to do with the heart.

Why did Jesus say.....These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me?

Also, God already knows whose hearts are His.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John317

• teresaq

• ClubV12

• LifeHiscost

• Members

Sorry, I think you ma ybe a bit off track there. It has very much to do with the heart.

Why did Jesus say.....These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me?

Also, God already knows whose hearts are His.

thumbsup

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Scripture says,

Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Looks to me like God has a different view of worship than thee, Twi. You are quite free to understand the text differently than I do, tho. :)

And you know what is in everyones heart?????

Quote:
But then they are not worshipping God as their Creator...

Think I might have some personal dialogue first before making such a statement!!

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

Ya'll gotta find the balance in this thing.

Of course the Lord will never reject a truly sincere heart, in fact we know that come the shaking of the Adventist church a "great multitude" will come in and replace those who have been shaken out. It's safe to say that most of those forming the "great multitude" of new believers will be Sunday keepers.

At the same time, it is especially dangerous ground for a spiritual leader to be aware of the Sabbath issue and treat it so lightly. The path of error will lay so close to the path of truth all the study and education and bible reading will be of no help. The only hope for discerning truth is a very real connection with the Holy Spirit. Many a sincere "believer" will be eternally lost because they will be "sincerely mistaken".

We have a duty to make plain the way of the Lord, not tickle their ears, but give them the straight 3rd angels message. They HAVE to come out of her my people. Love in their hearts, an acceptance of virtue over vice, a sincere belief is not enough, you aren't "just a little bit saved". It is only a form of Godliness, but denying the power.

Indeed, the Sabbath day is non-negotiable and is the most fundamenatl and basic message we have for the world.

• Moderators

I would than say to them, well if you went on the Sabbath you would find many that are worshiping. :)

You got it. It's perfect time to invite them to worship on the Sabbath. But the people I'm talking about are Jehovah's Witnesses, and while I have gone to their meetings often, they would never consider attending an SDA worship service. They believe it's cursed by the devil. That is also the reason they don't read SDA or other Christian literature.

They would be disciplined-- and possibly even disfellowshipped--- by their leaders if they were seen going to an SDA church or reading SDA books.

I'm glad our church is not like that.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

Of course. But that is talking about people who have never understood what the Bible teaches on the Sabbath and the commandments of God. I have many Catholic relatives who don't know much about the Sabbath or about what the Bible teaches, and I know God doesn't hold them responsible for what they don't know. But we are gradually showing them from the Bible what God has said about the Sabbath and the state of the dead. Some day there will be opportunity to study more Bible truth.

One sister was really glad to know that her dead husband won't be coming back for a night visit. She had heard from other people that this somtimes happens, so my wife was glad to share with her what the Bible teaches.

Another sister, who is a devout Catholic and goes to Mass almost every week, always enjoys attending church on the Sabbath when she visits and having family worship with us when we study the Bible and sing hymns.

I'm sure I would have become a Catholic by now--- except for my understanding of Bible prophecy-- because I love Catholics and like many things about the Catholic Church.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

John3:16 and others, I am getting a feeling that many of us here have indeed been preaching the Sabbath more fully and that Pastor Jakes has had this more fully preaching given to him. I'm sorry I there is the 3 elements of truth, how we present the truth and how the truth is understood by those who it has been presented to. Only God sees those 3 persectives to know how to fully judge.

We are preaching a combination of truth and tradition. Yes God works with where we are and God's methods are to work through humans with this problem. But we have much more to learn about the Sabbath.

• Moderators

We are preaching a combination of truth and tradition. Yes God works with where we are and God's methods are to work through humans with this problem. But we have much more to learn about the Sabbath.

It is certainly true that we will go on always learning more about the truth, including the Sabbath truth.

Where do you see the "tradition" about the Sabbath that Seventh-day Adventists are preaching?