ClubAdventist is back!

SDA Pastor Openly Supports Homosexual Relationships

Windsor

• Moderators

:like:

Thank you, Fausto, my friend.

Conquering in the name of Jesus is what's it's all about.

Jesus said, "To him that overcometh as I overcame...."

It means overcoming the world-- that is, overcoming sin-- by faith in Christ.

1 John 5:2-4-- By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John317

• teresaq

• BobRyan

• Dr. Shane

to John:

I admire your courage, after all you did not have to tell anyone, but it shows you have conquered it in the name of Jesus!

Amen...and of course I totally agree, condemn the sin, not the sinner, think of it this way, what if God condemn us all? Where would we be now?

Amen! and Amen!

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Moderators

...It is indeed a regularly reoccurring argument that is thrown up (pun intended) against the wall by those opposed to WO. It usually occurs when all other arguments begin to run out of steam. It has the desired effect of translating the homophobia of some uncertain about WO into a solid fear of and thus opposition to WO. Logic and reason get set aside when the emotion of fear takes over.

Tom, there is absolutely no truth to the above analysis and conclusion.

My only concern here as far as practicing homosexuals in the SDA church is concerned, is to see that homosexuals are taught the truth of God's word about homosexuality.

What is the truth? It is that God has the power available for them to resist and overcome the sins in their life if they choose to commit their lives 100% to Him and seek Him in a dairly conversion and walk with Christ.

As far as the WO issue is concerned, the only connection there is with the gay agenda within the SDA church is that in both cases, some of our leaders are paying more attention to what they consider the blessing of God on both WO and the practicing homosexuals than on what the Bible teaches. In fact, many of our leaders are urging us to lay aside the Scriptural evidence on the issues and follow our hearts and our observation of evident blessings upon practicing homosexuals and women in ministry.

It is patently absurd for you to suggest that my position on the practice of homosexuality is due to my being homophobic, when the fact is that I am a non-practicing gay person myself. It is in fact because of my love and concern for gay people that I believe they MUST be told the truth of God's word about being gay. They should not be lied to and told that the practice of homosexuality is OK and that God can't help them stop their gay practices.

God will hold the SDA church responsible if we fail to carry out the gospel commission to all people, and that includes homosexuals. And what the gospel that God wants gays to know? That Jesus saves His people from their sins. Matt 1: 21.

As I said before, my only concern in this is my conviction that the SDA church should not allow practicing gays to become members of the church. They must be able to worship with us, and they should be encouraged to do so, but that is a different thing altogether from being a member in good standing.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

:-)

i came across this thread monday after being gone for a few days and i have been ruminating this for the last three days

we got some serious nasty knee jerk movements going on here

My mind automatically doesnt go to whether the minister is right or wrong so much as it goes to what would it be like to be gay and to go to church and see no judgement or condemnation in a minister's eyes.

I think on a relational level most times.

meeting a man of GOD who loves JESUS and you as you are is very hot

and concerning his pro gay theology there is a website that he may have cottoned to.... whosoever.org

if u look into it u will understand where he stands and the whys

All progress in the Spiritual Life is knowing and Loving GOD

"there is non upon earth that I desire besides YOU" PS 73:25

That perspective changes EVERYTHING-suffering and adversity are the means that makes us hungry for GOD. Disapointments will wean us away wordly occupations. Even sin(when repented of) becomes a mechanism to push us closer to HIM as we experience His Love and Forgiveness.

• Moderators

I totally agree with you, Parade.

I'm seriously considering visiting the pastor. He only lives about 50 miles from me. I'd love to talk with him and find out his thinking in a deeper way than we can gain from just reading his open letter. I'm making a trip to visit a cousin who lives west of where the pastor is, so I pass through there on the way.

cool!

i would love to hear what he has to say

That perspective changes EVERYTHING-suffering and adversity are the means that makes us hungry for GOD. Disapointments will wean us away wordly occupations. Even sin(when repented of) becomes a mechanism to push us closer to HIM as we experience His Love and Forgiveness.

i killed anotheer thread

• Members

i killed anotheer thread

LOL

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}