• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JawgeFromJawja

• BobRyan

• Gerr

• John317

• Members

Is m-a-n just an alternate way of spelling Jew? I was unaware.

RLH, I think you might be on to something here!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Your post was extremely cynical sounding and arrogant in tone, and actually contrary to the Adventism I am so familiar with. You should speak to the moderator about the judgmental attitude and tone of the above statements. The post has saddened me beyond anything I have ever been told in my Christian life. Young man, you need to learn that it is quite possible to disagree doctrinally with others without attacking their character and integrity – referring to saying that I have a stone heart, that I know nothing of relationships, that I don’t believe The Bible because my interpretation is at variance with yours, and that I don’t know the Character of God, and that I insult the Jews. Unless you change your attitude and tone, it is quite possible that you will fail to win any more souls, if indeed you have ever won a soul. No one likes to be insulted when a Christian is witnessing to her or him.

I reflected your words...If you don't like the conclusions that I drew from them, then change your actions and/or your beliefs....But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere. 15 For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 16 To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life. And who is equal to such a task? 17 Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, as those sent from God.

You came to parley your bran of gospel...when the members shows the error of that position, you are the one who attacks the character of the individual...You insult us of working our way into heaven simply by keeping the Sabbath...When we try to explain it to you, you insist that it is only for Jews. That it was not incumbant that the gentiles keep the sabbath...there is plenty of evidence that the Sabbath is for all of mankind...but since you ignore the 1st five chapters of Genesis, and you also ignore the words of Jesus, one can not help what other passages don't apply to you...and wonder just what kind of Christian you truely are....

You say that your intrepretation is a valid interpretation. You are familiar to what the King said to one person who came to His royal wedding without one of the Kings robes, don't you?

See Matthew 22:10-12

10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

11 “But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12 He asked, ‘How did you get in here without wedding clothes, friend?’ The man was speechless.

13 “Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

14 “For many are invited, but few are chosen.”

We let the bible interpret itself. We don't allow for OUR interpretation...

If you are upset, well, look to yourself....

I'm done with this conversation...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Very true PK - however we are thankful for good Baptist leaders like D.L.Moody, Andy Stanley and Charles Stanley - who all publicly admit that the Sabbath began in Eden, Applies to all mankind, was created as what we see the Adventists observing today the Seventh day of the week - and is still in force.

Though they may get other details wrong - they at least get that much right.

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.