ClubAdventist is back!

Hurricane

Dottie

I will certainly pray for those in the path. Especially for those who don't take it seriously, or do nothing because they don't see how to escape, or don't have enough money. New York and Jersey areas have mass transit problems even now with evacuation. They're ill prepared technically or mentally.

I got ready to go to an approved school shelter this week. They are surprisingly good refuge, but glad I will see only mild winds here in central Florida!

I lost my roof to hurricanes Charley and Jeanne in 2004, but Fema paid for a new one. Various groups set up food and water stands along the roads, which helped us a lot.

I and husband had sense enough to go to a shelter for Hurricane Francis that same year, 2004. A scarey year, but God pulled us through. I will pray for everyone, and for Adventist members up North.

As much as I'm disappointed in America and know her role in prophecy, I shouldn't bite the hand that feeds me. God helps people, tho His hand is coming down on America as a nation.

• Members

Yes we've had all those in the path of Irene in our prays. I was down here in '04 at the time. My Mom just had knee surgery. My brother and his wife came down for the first week, and they got the first one. My wife and I were here for the next two. We almost stayed for the forth one, but my daughter and her friend came down. But the hurricane stay on the west coast. I believe that was Hugo? The other three came right over her house. At this moment I don't recall there names. But she also had her roof replaced. I believe her insurance company paid for the roof. She didn't get any help from Fema.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

My Mother is in the Salisbury Maryland area about 25 miles east of Ocean City - we are praying for her at this time.

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Indeed - west it is.

Though it is all "east to me" here in Georgia ... apparently

All was well last night in Salisbury Md - no flooding, no wind damage, no electric outage at mom's house. All praise goes to God for his hearing and answering the prayers that went up in the family prayer chain over night.

in Christ,

Bob

• Members

All was well last night in Salisbury Md - no flooding, no wind damage, no electric outage at mom's house. All praise goes to God for his hearing and answering the prayers that went up in the family prayer chain over night.

in Christ,

Bob

Praise the Lord Bob.

How have some others fared? Tom, Alex, Richard? How are you guys doing? Anyone else I left out, I apologize. Hope all got through with minimal damage.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Here is an opportunity to see a miracle -

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44305129/ns/weather/#.Tlwv6103tkk

3:30 into the video from 3:30 to 3:37

That is the point where the eye wall would have been close to my mother's house - but instead the clouds divided and the hurricane became half-doughnut in shape.

in Christ,

Bob

• Members

Here is an opportunity to see a miracle -

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44305129/ns/weather/#.Tlwv6103tkk

3:30 into the video from 3:30 to 3:37

That is the point where the eye wall would have been close to my mother's house - but instead the clouds divided and the hurricane became half-doughnut in shape.

in Christ,

Bob

And to think I've driven a lot of those roads at one time or another. For some reason I got the impression your Mom lived in Maryland?

phkrause

And to think I've driven a lot of those roads at one time or another. For some reason I got the impression your Mom lived in Maryland?

You are correct.

Salisbury Maryland - on the DelMarVa penn. (Deleware, Maryland, Virginia)

About 28 miles west of Ocean City.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

When it came by it was about the intensity of an April storm, a fair amount of wind but nothing like at the coast, althought I noticed several times it sounded just like a speeding tractor trailer was barreling past the house. I called the police to find out of flooding was going to prevent me from going to work, but they said that the roads I needed was good. I learned that soon after I left the electricity went out. We were without electric for 2 or 3 days. Others were out for 4 to 5 days. I brought my mom to my brother's he had electricity but no phone. (we had phone but no electric) While out jogging the next day I saw that a few trees had fallen and knocked down the electric wires.

Then life looked like it was returning to normal when more rain came this past Wednesday night, on top of the rain from Irene we ended up with massive flooding. Home was fine (with both electric and phone) but I could not leave my job because of flooded areas, so I had to sleep in the hospital and worked 2 extra shifts to cover for nurses who could not come in. Please pray for those who have been effected by the flooding. I had been in the hospital from Wednesday until yesterday when there was one road home that opened (and another that I was going to take that was closed)

• 3 months later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5s7P0BgGQI&feature=related

I wish to be in heaven now.Earth is not a good place to live...

I'm sorry Bobet. Pain and suffering is everywhere.

The enemy is more and more at work now that we are so close to the end. On the one hand we have counsel that many will be laid to rest that would not be able to endure what is coming. On the other the enemy wants to take out as many as he can who have not chosen Christ. That is why we are told to be about our Father's business.

I pray I didn't make a bad situation worse. I am sorry that it happened.

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790