ClubAdventist is back!

This is my KING

Stan

• Members
:like:

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

oh this is soooo good!

it makes u raisy holy hands in praise to HIM

All progress in the Spiritual Life is knowing and Loving GOD

"there is non upon earth that I desire besides YOU" PS 73:25

That perspective changes EVERYTHING-suffering and adversity are the means that makes us hungry for GOD. Disapointments will wean us away wordly occupations. Even sin(when repented of) becomes a mechanism to push us closer to HIM as we experience His Love and Forgiveness.

">

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

• Moderators

And even all those adjectives don't come close to summing Him up! There are just no words that do Jesus justice. It will take nothing short of an eternity to know everything He is.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

That sure is the truth! :-)

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• 2 weeks later...

To Stan and everyone else who watched and commented on this video clip.

I don't mean to sound negative but please hear me out. Yes, it is all true BUT something is missing. This video clip gives the impression that the speaker has presented the Gospel message for this time. It's all true what he says but it is not the message which is appropriate for this time, the message Mrs. White said is to be received, believed, and acted upon.

In other words, it's all true and beautiful what is said but it is not the third angel's message. It's all true but it is not the 1888 message. The 1888 message acknowledged all that and more about Christ but it did much more than simply acknowledging all that about Him. In clear, distinct lines, the 1888 message told the people that no matter how great we believe Jesus is, no matter how we may praise His greatness and majesty, unless we make it our lifebusiness to appropriate His merits to ourselves, by claiming them, we CANNOT be saved, and that is, we cannot be made or enabled to keep all the commandments of God!

No matter how much Christ is praised, as is done in this video clip, if one fails to make it his lifebusiness to look to Him and to appropriate His merits to himself, he cannot be saved and thus the message of this video becomes merely sentimental, appealing only to the emotions and that can lead someone away from the following most precious message which came directly from the throne of God:

"Unless he makes it his lifebusiness to behold the uplifted Saviour and to accept the merits which it is his privilege to claim, the sinner CAN NO MORE BE SAVED than Peter could walk upon the water unless he kept his eyes fixed steadily upon Jesus." T.M.93. *emphasis mine

Hence we read:

"The only faith that will benefit us is that which embraces Him as a personal Saviour: which appropriates His merits to ourselves." Desire of Ages, 347.

We appropriate His merits by claiming them and this is our lifebusiness!

"We shall come in repentance and contrition, with a despairing sense of our own finite weakness, and learn that we must daily apply to the merits of the blood of Christ that we may become vessels fit for the Master's use." E.G. White, Faith and Works, 86.

Why? Because "The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." Steps to Christ, 36.

This is, I believe, the matter of salvation, the 1888 message in clear, distinct lines, the message Mrs. White said was just as simple as ABC but that we did not understand it, the very message which is appropriate for this time, which is to be received, bleieved, and acted upon, the third angel's message in verity!

sky

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

Can someone give me the link please. I can't read it. Would be appreciated. Thank you.

sky

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

Jesus is King but is He really our King? When He came to us between 1888 and 1903 wanting to be our King, the testimony is that we put Him aside, just like the Jews did, and asked for a man to be our king, to rule over us.

The Bible says that the whole Christian world is deceived thinking they are worshiping Christ when they are worshiping a false Christ.

sky

I did not watch the whole clip but heard a voice different from Christ's. It was the voice of angry ecumenicals who will not tolerate freedom of conscience for the Seventh-day Sabbath - though many works will be done in His name.

• 3 weeks later...

The effort to condense Christ's identity in such numbered words in a musical pace... I think they are great...

Test me with thy might but grant me safe passage. Now, who said that?

• Administrators

With apologies to the memory of Spiro T Agnew - "In the [Adventist Church] today, we have more than our share of the nattering nabobs of negativism."

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators
saywa

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Perhaps....I am ...misunderstanding you, Sky....

But the video is a personal affirmation of who our ruler truely is...And those of us who have voice approval, agree with that same person who declares that Christ is MY King...

Just because our church did not agree with the 1888 message of righteousness by faith, and just because we may have misunderstood the message, doesn't negate that we as a people still like the idea that Christ is still OUR King...

Some of us just don't understand that Christ is also OUR Lord as well...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

i put it on my ipod as a reminder of WHO HE IS!

lest i forget

All progress in the Spiritual Life is knowing and Loving GOD

"there is non upon earth that I desire besides YOU" PS 73:25

That perspective changes EVERYTHING-suffering and adversity are the means that makes us hungry for GOD. Disapointments will wean us away wordly occupations. Even sin(when repented of) becomes a mechanism to push us closer to HIM as we experience His Love and Forgiveness.

i put it on my ipod as a reminder of WHO HE IS!

lest i forget

:like:

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ