ClubAdventist is back!

Eve was Created Subordinate to Adam....Huh!?

teresaq

This discussion leads to another question I have had regarding this man/woman debate.

Did God give woman a brain then tell her not to use it except in predefined "feminine" ways?

Wasn't there a time when women were discouraged from being doctors and such because that did not fit the role assigned her?

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• teresaq

• Tom Wetmore

• John317

• Parade Orange

• Members

Assigned by who? Not God! Of course God gave Eve a brain and I believe he expected her to use it.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

And if you had some of the experiences I've had you would see it as a legitimate question. It was one I had to struggle with.

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of women taking men's roles they are quite troubled in Canada that more women aren't in the upper percentage of administrative positions and want to do something about it.

Women find they get their kicks out of things other than competing with men. They can be fulfilled without sitting in parliament or running a law office.

I have a woman doctor, but she only works certain convenient hours in the office.

• 2 months later...

[Responding to Isaiah 56]

[Read Genesis 3:6-7]

Satan the devil deceived Eve into disobeying God's command not to eat from the forbidden tree. She then becomes Satan's helper and tempts her husband to disobey as she had done. Notice that it was only after Adam had disobeyed that both of their eyes were opened to what they had done. This is because Adam was the head of the race. Sin did not enter the world until Adam had sinned.

[ReadRomans 5:12]

Notice that it is not the woman who was held responsible for sin and death entering the world. The New Testament blames Adam for the entrance of sin and death into the world. This because he was the head of the race and as such he was held accountable.

:) And if only Adam had eaten the fruit?

According to the reasoning of the SoP, if Adam had fallen first then tempted Eve women would be in charge now. :)

• 4 months later...

A visual to go with Tom's thought about returning to the Eden intent regarding Adam and Eve and the "curse", with God's mandate for A and E to have dominion over this earth as an illustration.

"Back to Eden"

• Members
cool1 Teresa

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

God first tells Adam not to eat of the fruit in 2:16-17. I assume this is the chapter to which you were referring. Right after that, God takes Adam's rib and creates Eve.

I question [that sin occurred when Adam ate the fruit]. Since Eve was still a part of Adam when the command was given to not eat fruit of the forbidden tree, it would stand to reason that Adam (the Adam that was given the command) sinned when Eve ate the fruit.

It seems that, since Christ came to restore the relationship between God an humanity - Atonement - that our goal should be to follow God's desire for us, instead of continuing to live in the effects of sin. What do you think?

WayneV

Just remember these words of warning, for they will come to pass all too soon:

If you are ever flying through the desert and your canoe breaks down, remember that it takes three pancakes to lift the doghouse, because there ain't nary a bone in ice cream!