Solyndra to Declare Bankruptcy ,Another Obama Success

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Dr. Shane

• John317

Shame on those guys for making it without a college degree.How dare they.

A lot of snake oil salesmen have "made it". My point is that none of those talking heads got a balanced education. They have been fed by like-minded people. They decided what they wanted to believe, found others that thought the same way, and they all fed off each other. Their talent lies in their means of being persuasive. They are nothing more than classic snake oil salesmen.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

How many know that not Rush Limbaugh, not Sean Hannity and not Glenn Beck have a college degree in any thing? They are all college drop outs. They are talking heads. That's what my grampa use to call,,, a bunch of hot air.

They are not all college drop outs. Rush never went to college at all, and I'm not sure that Glenn Beck ever did. Does that automatically preclude them from being able to know anything? Rush was smart enough to follow his dream. And he knew that college doesn't automatically equal success, nor was it the only way to achieve succsess. Which is what the youngsters are taught from childhood up.

Are there some very smart people who go to college? Or is college the only way you can become smart?

College seems to have left you with a pretty high opinion of yourself. But I can easily see where they are right, and you are wrong.

Let me make sure I understand this. So you manage the the company you work for?

I want to be clear that I don't believe a person needs a college degree to be smart or a successful businessman. I work with many subcontractors that are excellent tradesmen and have learned how to run a business simply by taking an SBA class.

However when we are looking at the talking heads on the radio, TV and internet, their business is one of academics. They are talking about things like economics and foreign affairs. These are not guys trying to run a restaurant, mechanical garage or a masonry company. I was a couple classes short of an economics degree. I am certainly not an economist but I have more formal economics training than any of the talking heads I mentioned earlier. These guys are not qualified to shape our opinion on political matters. They are good for entertainment and some good knee-slapping. Hannity gets some good guests on his show rather frequently that are worth listening to. But on the whole, as Adventist Christians, I think we need to be independent thinkers and not go along with what talking heads are saying - regardless if they are liberal or conservative.

Those innovative people took their ideas to government because they knew they couldn't get financial backing from the private sector until their ideas could produce a quick ROI.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

A lot of snake oil salesmen have "made it". My point is that none of those talking heads got a balanced education. They have been fed by like-minded people. They decided what they wanted to believe, found others that thought the same way, and they all fed off each other. Their talent lies in their means of being persuasive. They are nothing more than classic snake oil salesmen.

I would guess from their lifes experience they have a very balanced education.College is not the only way to have a balanced viewpoint.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

I want to be clear that I don't believe a person needs a college degree to be smart or a successful businessman. I work with many subcontractors that are excellent tradesmen and have learned how to run a business simply by taking an SBA class.

How many know that not Rush Limbaugh, not Sean Hannity and not Glenn Beck have a college degree in any thing? They are all college drop outs. They are talking heads. That's what my grampa use to call,,, a bunch of hot air.

The railroad to telephones,to TV,to microwaves,air travel,automobiles was created by inovative people in the private sector. Not the government

And nuclear power?

The government is not trying to create a demand. That is just rhetoric from the talking-heads. Don't fall for their tricks. Step out on your own and be an independent thinker. Don't be scared. It really isn't that scary out here.

The product is energy. There exists a huge demand for it. The government is not trying to create demand. We are using unsustainable resources to meet the current demand. Unless Jesus comes soon (and He may) we need to find another way to meet the current demand or a way to reduce the current demand. That is the issue.

Don't be sucked in by anti-government personalities that claim the private sector is the answer to everything.

The government is not trying to create a demand. That is just rhetoric from the talking-heads. Don't fall for their tricks. Step out on your own and be an independent thinker. Don't be scared. It really isn't that scary out here.

I will continue to believe the federal government should be as limited as possible.

That's the way the founders designed it and layed it out, with God's help. They wouldn't recognize it today. Heck, they probably wouldn't recognize people who talk like Shane as being american citizens.