ClubAdventist is back!

Perry: "I Don't Think You Have a Heart"

Dr. Shane

Quote:

Don't forget God purposefully devided us at the Tower of Babel. If we were to unite under one banner, whose banner would it be?

Quote:
And when God divided us at Babel, did He also instruct us to have a hateful attitude towards others that are not of our nation? I don't believe anyone here does, but search Tea Party on youtube. Doesn't seem to be in the spirit of what the God I've read about intended.

Explain your "facts" that the tea party members are racist.Not those "facts" provided by foul mouthed comedians

I know there are those of you that define anyone that does not view certain issues as some of you do, can only disagree with your "right" opinion because they are racist.One nice thing about throwing that word around so casually is it losing the impact it used to have.

I don't feel any need to agree with,welcome or in anyway endorse those that abuse the system at the expense of others,just to prove I am not racist.If illegals are caught or found to be guilty of certain acts it is not racist to say so.

It is not saying others of various races do not do same,but as my legal neighbor says "US citizens do not have a sanctuary city to hide in"

Nor do I think being poor is a liscense for irresponsible/criminal behavior.

Nor is being poor a liscence to say,"You educate me or I will turn to criminal behavior"

What taxes illegals pay is soon overshadowed by the enormous costs to towns and communities like ours.

We are a nation of immigrants,but they came legally and asked only to be allowed the right of freedom. Not the freedom to take from others and flaunt and abuse our laws.

While I think we should have work visas,in this economy not until each and every person capable of taking a job is off welfare and so-called unemployment insurance.

If the job you take will not allow you to make ends meet and you have eliminated,cable,large screen tv's,cell phones,internet and all unnecessary spending,then request "SOME" additional help.Then in a orderly fashion and one we can manage for the good of all, grant immigration.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Dr. Shane

• Kyran

• lazarus

Ah, I see what you've done there. Those for illegal immigration are kind, loving and God-fearing individuals, while those against it are hate-filled xenophobics.

Ah, I see what you've done here. You omitted the rest of what I wrote to attribute your own projections as my words.

Ah, I see what you've done here. You omitted the rest of what I wrote to attribute your own projections as my words.

You are right of course.

Perhaps: Those for illegal immigration are kind, loving and God-fearing hypocrites, while those against it are hate-filled xenophobic hypocrites (excluding the ones on the Club Adventist forums).

I came, I saw, I posted.

Of course I'm right. And you've also done a terrific job of convincing me to not exclude you.

Deport half your workforce... starve to death the remaining half... Demand for food would outstrip supply, food prices would go through the roof, wages would be increased across the agricultural sector in order to meet the rise in demand. End result, unemployment would dive and wages would go through the roof. Hello increased standard of living! Heh, maybe in an ideal closed economy.

Of course I'm right. And you've also done a terrific job of convincing me to not exclude you.

Attack, attack, attack. Even when I take a step back and acknowledge an error on my behalf it doesn't stop you from seizing the advantage and going in for the kill. I'm getting the urge to be polarized right now, but I'm going to resist.

I'm against illegal immigration simply because it rewards queue jumpers.

This is an idea I heard elsewhere: Illegals are made illegal. For every one that gets deported, extra two migrants are allowed to immigrate in their place.

What are your thoughts on that idea? Probably impractical, but it does reward those who do the right thing by going through the proper channels, and it doesn't remove the cheap labour that you need. It even ends up helping more immigrants.

I came, I saw, I posted.

I thought you were being sarcastic. I apologize.

My initial comment about heaven not having borders was more of a commentary on an attitude that I see in the U.S. through people I work with, or on the news. It's one that isn't very friendly towards those that are not 'originally' from here. I actually agree people shouldn't jump the queue. My gf's uncle is from Asia, and her family waited 13 years for him to immigrate here. 13 years going through the proper channels. So you bet they're mad about folks skipping the line. So maybe that's why people get mad, maybe their defending the people that do it the right way. Maybe I shouldn't be so quick to judge their motives. But when it's blatantly negative towards other nationalities I get upset. It's probably because my parents immigrated here from Korea and I grew up in the south and faced a lot of racism that I can get a little sensitive about the issue.

My initial comment about heaven not having borders was more of a commentary on an attitude that I see in the U.S. through people I work with, or on the news. It's one that isn't very friendly towards those that are not 'originally' from here.

I came, I saw, I posted.

My gf's uncle is from Asia, and her family waited 13 years for him to immigrate here. 13 years going through the proper channels. So you bet they're mad about folks skipping the line.

About half of our illegals come here legally and overstay their visas. No amount of Border Patrol of new fencing is going to stop that because those folks are coming in legally (through the front door). All of the 9/11 hijackers were in this category.

The "wetbacks" are the ones that come across the border illegally. Most of them are coming here for work in the fields. Most of them have the pioneer spirit of the Americans that settled the West. They are hard-working, ambitious and willing to endure hardship. Most of them a peasants. There is no pathway for them to come here legally. It isn't so much that they are "skipping the line" because there is no way for them to get in line in the first place. If they went to a US Embassy and tried to come legally they would be laughed out. Part of the immigration reform that needs to happen the creation of a work visa that allow immigrants to come here and work for two years.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

About half of our illegals come here legally and overstay their visas. No amount of Border Patrol of new fencing is going to stop that because those folks are coming in legally (through the front door). All of the 9/11 hijackers were in this category.

The "wetbacks" are the ones that come across the border illegally. Most of them are coming here for work in the fields. Most of them have the pioneer spirit of the Americans that settled the West. They are hard-working, ambitious and willing to endure hardship. Most of them a peasants. There is no pathway for them to come here legally. It isn't so much that they are "skipping the line" because there is no way for them to get in line in the first place. If they went to a US Embassy and tried to come legally they would be laughed out. Part of the immigration reform that needs to happen the creation of a work visa that allow immigrants to come here and work for two years.

We have no business trying to find ways to entice legal or illegal to come here,dangle "carrots" in front of them so they come to work,while paying millions of our own citizens to DO NOTHING.

If unemployment welfare for 99 weeks and other welfare recipients were not paid and rewarded for doing nothing we might not feel we need them

The baloney about our citizens not willing to take these jobs could be changed in a heartbeat. No work,sorry you don't eat,NEXT.

I don't care if it is as a greeter at wal-mart,working at MacDonalds,whatever do something and then we will help supplement.Unless a person is physically or mentally impaired there is not any justification for doing nothing while taking from the labor of those that are.Once we have our own off the welfare rolls then maybe it wouldn't be so bad bringing in others

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

We have no business trying to find ways to entice legal or illegal to come here...

We need population growth in order to support Social Security. The white folks just are not having enough babies. Joe Biden was right when he pointed out to the Chinese that their one-child policy is not sustainable. The facts are that population growth creates jobs. One of the reasons Texas has created so many jobs is because of the population growth both from immigration and from the high Catholic population that doesn't believe in birth control. Immigration is good. Unless a person is a racist and doesn't like all them immigrants with a different color of skin that speak funny.

Originally Posted By: bonnie
We have no business trying to find ways to entice legal or illegal to come here...

We need population growth in order to support Social Security. The white folks just are not having enough babies. Joe Biden was right when he pointed out to the Chinese that their one-child policy is not sustainable. The facts are that population growth creates jobs. One of the reasons Texas has created so many jobs is because of the population growth both from immigration and from the high Catholic population that doesn't believe in birth control. Immigration is good. Unless a person is a racist and doesn't like all them immigrants with a different color of skin that speak funny.

Your continuing attempts to make everyone that does not agree with you racist is more than pathetic.

Population growth that does not sustain itself is not the smartest economic move. Doesn't matter what color the skin is.

Population growth that is moved onto the welfare roles as wwe have going on amonst US citizens is not good math,it is your fuzzy spin twisting math.

All those currently that are on welfare to care for their families do not contribute one new dime in revenue. The 300.00 they take from my 1,000.00 is recycled money.

If there are not a high number of producers paying into that recycled fund it does not lead to job growth.

When we bring in or allow others free access to work so more and more US citizens can sit in the wagon,more and more benefits are granted to those coming here,it cannot sustain itself.Doesn't matter what color the skin,how anyone talks.

I know you HAVE to make it about race/racists to elevate yourself,but it is about 2+2 + 4

For every job represented by the 81% we are paying our own citizens to sit with the hands out

Of jobs created in Texas since 2007, 81 percent were taken by newly arrived immigrant workers (legal and illegal).

Our own citizens should not have the option of working or welfare. If they don't work,they don't eat. If the job does not pay enough then help them,but they should be required to contribute to their own survival.White/black,red,brown,yellow and no matter how they talk.

The estimate 113,000 jobs taken by illegals should have been filled first by those dependent on the welfare system.

It does little to bring others in and pay them for what our own won't do,and then offer the benefits and pay the enormous costs involved in that.

Plenty of people have already attacked the Texas growth myth, but this report from the Center for Immigration Studies really stings.

The non-partisan group found that newly-arrived immigrants claimed 81% of state job growth from 2007 to 2011. What's worse, half of those immigrants were illegal -- representing 40% of state growth.

Obviously this won't go over well on the Perry campaign.

Newly-arrived immigrants dominated job growth despite representing only 29% of population growth.

•Of jobs created in Texas since 2007, 81 percent were taken by newly arrived immigrant workers (legal and illegal).

•In terms of numbers, between the second quarter of 2007, right before the recession began, and the second quarter of 2011, total employment in Texas increased by 279,000. Of this, 225,000 jobs went to immigrants (legal and illegal) who arrived in the United States in 2007 or later.

•Of newly arrived immigrants who took a job in Texas, 93 percent were not U.S. citizens. Thus government data show that more than three-fourths of net job growth in Texas were taken by newly arrived non-citizens (legal and illegal).

•The large share of job growth that went to immigrants is surprising because the native-born accounted for 69 percent of the growth in Texas’ working-age population (16 to 65). Thus, even though natives made up most of the growth in potential workers, most of the job growth went to immigrants.

•The share of working-age natives holding a job in Texas declined significantly, from 71 percent in 2007 to 67 percent in 2011. This decline is very similar to the decline for natives in the United States as a whole and is an indication that the situation for native-born workers in Texas is very similar to the overall situation in the country despite the state’s job growth.

•Of newly arrived immigrants who took jobs in Texas since 2007, we estimate that 50 percent (113,000) were illegal immigrants. Thus, about 40 percent of all the job growth in Texas since 2007 went to newly arrived illegal immigrants and 40 percent went to newly arrived legal immigrants.

•Immigrants took jobs across the educational distribution. More than one out three (97,000) of newly arrived immigrants who took a job had at least some college.

•These numbers raise the question of whether it makes sense to continue the current high level of legal immigration and also whether to continue to tolerate illegal immigration.

Ads by Google

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011...h#ixzz1ZiKBi0Lj

• Moderators

A very large percentage of Americans are descendants of illegal immigrants. And many of those are the most vitriolic about "illegals" now.

thumbsup

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Originally Posted By: Tom Wetmore

A very large percentage of Americans are descendants of illegal immigrants. And many of those are the most vitriolic about "illegals" now.

thumbsup

I think you have missed a little bit or deliberately ignored.

The large percentage of legal or "illegal" immigrants of years past did not come and anticipate being cared for. They came with nothing or very little.They were not a continual drain on resources. They produced and asked only that they be allowed to work,not supported.

Something is very wrong with the picture when we encourage and reward those coming illegally because they will do work our own citizens refuse and then reward and support our own citizens with welfare for their refusal.

The non-partisan group found that newly-arrived immigrants claimed 81% of state job growth from 2007 to 2011. What's worse, half of those immigrants were illegal -- representing 40% of state growth.

Obviously this won't go over well on the Perry campaign.

Newly-arrived immigrants dominated job growth despite representing only 29% of population growth.

It takes a racist mind to see this as something negative. These immigrants are not pushing native-born Americans onto the unemployment roles. The immigrant population is expanding the economy which allows for lower-income, native-born Americans (like me) to move up. In 2001 I was earning $35,000/year. In 2011 I am earning nearly $65,000/year. Guess where I live? TEXAS! Why have I been so fortunate? IMMIGRATION. I work in construction. Immigrants move here and we have to build new houses, stores, schools, bridges, police departments, amusement parks, restaurants, hotels, water towers, sewer treatment plants, and yes... (Bonnie's favorite) social service offices.

Immigration has been a boom for Texas. Yes there skin is a different color. Yes, they do talk funny. Racists see that as a bad thing. To everyone else it is growth and that's a good thing.

It takes a racist mind to see this as something negative. These immigrants are not pushing native-born Americans onto the unemployment roles.

The only logical reason to oppose immigration is because they have a different color skin and talk funny. Racist. No getting away from that.

You need to stop listening to racist commentators and get armed with the actual facts. The poverty rate today is not different than it was 40 years ago. Poverty has bounced around between 12% and 15% since 1965. It dipped down even below 10% at the end of the Clinton years (well after the Reagan amnesty).

You really need to straighten out all these foolish,stupid people that do not adhere to your superior assessment

Search resultsPoverty Rate In U.S. Saw Record Increase In 2009: 1 In 7 ...

WASHINGTON — The number of people in the U.S. who are in poverty is on track for a record increase on President Barack Obama's watch, with the ranks of ...

www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/11/​poverty-rate-in-us-saw... - Cached

More results from huffingtonpost.com »

U.S. poverty rate increases to 1 in 6 people

[sep 13, 2011] U.S. poverty rate increases to 1 in 6 people Published: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 2:08 PM Updated: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 2:54 PM ( 132 Comments )

www.nj.com/.../2011/09/us_poverty_rate_​increases_to_1.html - Cached.More results from nj.com »U.S. Poverty Rate Climbed To 15.1 Percent Last Year, Total ...

The nation's poverty rate increased to 15.1 percent in 2010, up from 14.3 percent in 2009 and the highest level since 1993, according to the U.S. Census Bureau ...

www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/13/us-​poverty-rate-2011_n... - Cached

United States: Increase in Poverty Rate Amongst Hispanics

The American economy is at a standstill and seems stuck on that plateau. The unmovable unemployment rate has been added to the poverty rate that affects ...

globalvoicesonline.org/...states-​increase-in-poverty-rate... - Cached

U.S. Census: Poverty Rate Increases in Recession to Highest ...

One in seven Americans are living in poverty, the U.S. Census Bureau reported today -- the highest level since 1994. But the increase in the federal poverty rate, to ...

abcnews.go.com/Politics/poverty-rate-​increases-recession...

More results from abcnews.go.com »

Texas’ poverty rate rises for second year in a row

AUSTIN — The number of Texans living in poverty jumped to more than 4.6 million last year, an increase of nearly 9 percent, the Census Bureau reported ...

www.dallasnews.com/...texas-poverty-​rate-rises-for-second... - Cached

More results from dallasnews.com »

Poverty in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Measures of...|Poverty and...|Food security|Factors in...Povertyis defined as the state of one who lacks a usual or socially acceptable amount of money or material possessions. According to the U.S. Census Bureaudata released Tuesday September 13th, 2011, the nation's poverty rate...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_the_​United_States.More results from en.wikipedia.org »Milwaukee poverty rate increasing

Milwaukee poverty rate increasing. By The Journal Sentinel & WTMJ News Team. CREATED Sep. 22, 2011 - UPDATED: Sep. 22, 2011

www.620wtmj.com/news/local/​130387843.html - Cached

US poverty rate expected to post a record increase

WASHINGTON — The number of people in the United States who are in poverty is on track for a record increase on President Obama’s watch, with the ranks ...

articles.boston.com/2010-09-12/news/​29300297_1_child... - Cached

The native-born American that refuses to work is a problem "we" have created. Give them welfare,medical,housing and education because we can encourage those to come here and work for less.

I believe during the depression illegal immigration dropped dramatically.Wonder why that was

The Great Depression of the 1930s? We had an open border at that time. People were free to come and go as they liked.

Currently many immigrants are going home due to the recession. They are not hanging around, collecting unemployment and welfare. They are going where the work is.

The number of people in the U.S. who are in poverty is on track for a record increase on President Barack Obama's watch...

You think this has to do more with illegal immigration than the recession we are in? Immigrants have been going home. The number of immigrants wiring money home to their home countries has been dropping for the first time ever. We have less immigrants here than we have in the past. It is hard to tie the increasing poverty rate to immigration. I think it has more to do with the housing and financial crisis than it has to do with hard-working, God-fearing immigrants. I know they are a different color and they talk funny but they are not driving our economy down in the ditch.

Indeed, there are some Americans that refuse to work. However the overwhelming number of those have alcohol and/or drug addiction. The solution there is to treat the addiction. Immigrants have no higher rate of alcoholism and drug addiction than the general public.

Originally Posted By: bonnie
I believe during the depression illegal immigration dropped dramatically.Wonder why that was

The Great Depression of the 1930s? We had an open border at that time. People were free to come and go as they liked.

Currently many immigrants are going home due to the recession. They are not hanging around, collecting unemployment and welfare. They are going where the work is.

After the Civil War ended in the United States, states were faced with issues pertaining to immigration and thus, began introducing immigration policies. As a result, in 1875, the U.S. Supreme Court designated the regulation of immigration policies to the federal government and not individual states. The first big wave of immigration to the United States began in the 1880s, and the government reacted by creating the Immigration Service in 1891. When World War I began the number of immigrants coming to the United States dropped significantly, especially regarding immigrants from Europe. After the war ended, the number of immigrants started to increase again. To deal with the high number of immigrants entering the country, the U.S. Congress introduced new immigration policies. The government introduced the National Origins Quota Act in 1921. The quota limited the number of legal immigrants to 3% of their current ethnic makeup in the United States. This immigration quota system was altered three years later and the percentage was lowered to 2%. In addition, Congress established the U.S. Border Patrol as part of the Immigration Service.

In addition to immigration rates dropping during World War 1, immigration levels also dropped during the Great Depression. In fact, the country experienced a time period of zero growth from immigration, because no one desired to come to a country that was experiencing a prolonged period of harsh economic conditions and uncertainty. While immigration increased after World War II, the rates remained relatively low. This continued for 20 years.

http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/immigration-us.html

At that time we did not promise to reward them for breaking the law.Without rewards it was not quite so attractive

You think this has to do more with illegal immigration than the recession we are in? Immigrants have been going home. The number of immigrants wiring money home to their home countries has been dropping for the first time ever. We have less immigrants here than we have in the past. It is hard to tie the increasing poverty rate to immigration. I think it has more to do with the housing and financial crisis than it has to do with hard-working, God-fearing immigrants. I know they are a different color and they talk funny but they are not driving our economy down in the ditch.

I have never said illegal immigrants or legal for that matter caused the current recession.

We have severe economic problems.We have mounting numbers of US citizens on welfare. Those that take are rapidly outstripping those to be taken from.

American citizens do not have one moral reason to refuse to work at any job available.Tough if they don't like it.Unless there is physical or mental impairment,"Those that do not work,shall not eat" according to Jesus.

It may not be enough to support a family,but then you cut all unnecessary spending.Then the shortfall to feed a clothe a family should be added.White skinned,blond and blue eyed

You come here as a immigrant,help is available.For that help you will do all you can to help yourself.If you need to learn new language skills to have a better chance,LEARN IT,help is available FREE.