ClubAdventist is back!

Perry: "I Don't Think You Have a Heart"

Dr. Shane

Quote:
No one gets rich on their own. We all pay taxes, even illegal immigrants. Everyone pays taxes.

Many pay taxes with money taken from others.They have done nothing to earn it,they have not produced products or services,they have not produced new revenue into the economy.

Illegal immigrants may pay some tax that cannot be avoided but the overall cost of illegal immigrants is exceeded by what they use,destroy,and the rampant petty crime,especially at this time of year.To say nothing of the use of our medical facilities,free of charge to then.Not free of charge to taxpayers.

We live in a small town of ten thousand,surrounded by several similar small towns.There are many vegetable farms here that have attracted illegals. Most of the farms do not want the illegals.Most are pushing pick your own and wherever possible purchasing machinery that can be operated by one person.Most employee's are now locals.

This past week the businessess have begun warning customers lock their cars,do not leave a shopping cart full unattended.

The tax paying illegals have found a rather resourceful way of getting out of the stores with a full unpaid cart.

Gargae sales are really big here this time of year.No one operates one without a lot of help stationed in various area's to watch the theft by these taxpayers.

All businessess need consumers,that is obvious. The consumer does not purchase to do the business owner a favor.The employee does not hire on because he wants to help the employer.He does so for his own interests.Neither the consumer or the employee has any interest except his own,just as the employer has his own interest at heart.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Dr. Shane

• Kyran

• lazarus

No Shane you are not a independent thinker.

If you were you could address the issue,not your hatred for someone else.

Who do I hate? Certainly not Rush Limbaugh. In the past I have subscribed to the Limbaugh Letter. When he went into drug Rehab I subscribed to Rush 24/7 just to show support for him. When he is wrong, I am not afraid to call him on it. When he is right, I give him a big thumbs up. That's what independent thinkers do.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Illegal immigrants may pay some tax that cannot be avoided but the overall cost of illegal immigrants is exceeded by what they use,destroy,and the rampant petty crime,especially at this time of year.To say nothing of the use of our medical facilities,free of charge to then.Not free of charge to taxpayers.

We need those immigrants. The problem is that American white folks just don't have enough babies. We need to revamp our immigration process to get more legal immigrants here and create a pathway for those here illegally to become citizens. That way when they use our hospital they will actually have insurance to pay.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Originally Posted By: bonnie
No Shane you are not a independent thinker.

If you were you could address the issue,not your hatred for someone else.

Who do I hate? Certainly not Rush Limbaugh. In the past I have subscribed to the Limbaugh Letter. When he went into drug Rehab I subscribed to Rush 24/7 just to show support for him. When he is wrong, I am not afraid to call him on it. When he is right, I give him a big thumbs up. That's what independent thinkers do.

LOL

Still dancing the Texas two step around the original contention in this thread.

Must be tough to be a independent thinker

Quote:
Don't list to what Glenn Beck says. Illegals are immigrants. An immigrant is a person that moves from one country to another.

I guess I will have to take your word for it.Glenn Beck does not live here.There is miles of difference between legal immigrants and illegals.

Quote:
No,,, illegals are not the only ones stealing. In fact, illegals do not steal any more than others living in poverty.

Independent thinker you are,you are still avoiding the intitial questions.

Please see if you can follow,It is the illegal immigrants causing the problems I was referring to. Yes others steal.Most in poverty do not steal.

We have petty theft like all area's.It is not overwhelming until the migrant workers come to town.That is when the businesses warn customers to be careful,lock car doors and do not leave full shopping carts unattended.That is when a housewife taking in her groceries comes out to find the remainder gone

Originally Posted By: Shane
Well, I am an independent thinker and Elizabeth Warren is right.

Shane you only think you're an independent thinker. lol

Maybe Elizabeth Warren told him he was

Yes others steal. Most in poverty do not steal.

Most immigrants don't steal either. Racists will tell you differently. Don't believe them. Don't jump on their band wagon. Don't drink the kool-aid.

Yes others steal. Most in poverty do not steal.

Most immigrants don't steal either. Racists will tell you differently. Don't believe them. Don't jump on their band wagon. Don't drink the kool-aid.

But your use of the word "most" in this is made up.It has not been used except by you.Your bandwagon is the one that is frightning as you insert what you want someone to have said to try to make your point.Not a independent thinker,that is called something else.

The legal immigrant is not offered the same protections in breaking the law that illegals are. There are illegals that are law abiding and would make good citizens.Obviously they are not the ones that create the problems.The legal immigrant is not protected by his status of legal.

When my brother adopted his two grandsons,children of a illegal immigrant,he was warned the past or status of this man could not be brought up in court and if tried would reflect badly on him instead. He was a drug dealer and user,worked only sporadically if not to busy doing something else.Had been picked up for theft,had his fingers slapped and he dissappeared into a sanctuary city.

A legal immigrant could not get by with this anymore than I could.

Regardless whether you like it or not,the problem I was referring to are caused by illegals or those here temporarily.Some I understand have work visa's.

My neighbor(legal Mexican immigrant,now citizen) is to busy earning a living and trying to expand his business to run around stealing

It is estimated that 10% of those that come here illegally are criminals. Most are religious, family-orientated people coming here to work. Racists will never tell you that. They would rather get you to jump on their band wagon. Don't do it. Don't drink their kool-aid.

It is estimated that 10% of those that come here illegally are criminals. Most are religious, family-orientated people coming here to work. Racists will never tell you that. They would rather get you to jump on their band wagon. Don't do it. Don't drink their kool-aid.

As hard as you try to twist and turn things there is no bandwagon. There is the kool-aid you try deperately to peddle.

During certain times of the year our small towns see a dramatic rise in petty and sometimes not so petty crimes. Coincides every year with the influx of migrant workers. Some are legal and many are not.

Doesn't take a whole lot when reading the police reports of those caught to figure out they are not local.

Nor does it take your expertise to be able to tell the broken english and the skin color of those trying and many times succeeding to steal from garage sales.We have our share of drug problems year round like anywhere.It is costly and ruins a lot of lives. Doesn't mean we need to import more of that problem.

Certain times of year it escalates dramatically. Many of those that are caught do not have a swedish last name.

I really doubt there is a accurate accounting of petty criminals or those willing to be such.

You are so quick to label any that disagree with you on this as racist.Perhaps you need to reassess your own willingness to label and condemn.

Originally Posted By: RLH
Shane you only think you're an independent thinker. lol

Maybe Elizabeth Warren told him he was

Or maybe Obama told him. He did get his vote back in 08'.

Canonsburg-fourth-of-july-parade-float.j

Yup,looks like our 4TH of July parades.

This has what to do with problems many towns face with illegals?

I think our legal mexican neighbor has a much better slant on things than you.

As he has said,I am a US citizen,I cannot go to a sanctuary city.Maybe he is a racist in your wisdom as well.

Maybe working hard,obeying the laws of the country he chose to come to,starting a successful business without welfare help makes him less than the illegals.

He thinks so anyway. He knows first hand what it is like,the struggles he has had. We didn't even have to educate him to prevent him going into a life of crime.He never graduated high school but does know hard work and personal responsbility.

Such a racist concept

It's a band wagon. Looks like a lot of fun up there but resist the temptation to jump on that anti-immigration, racist band wagon. We need those immigrants. They are our hope to save the Social Security program. The white folks just don't have enough babies. They are also our hope to save the faith of Christ. The white folks just arn't going to church. The Adventist church is the fastest growing denomination in the US for a large part because of those immigrants. Like them, love them, embrace them, support them, fight for them! Resist the racist band wagon. Love them like Jesus does.

It's a band wagon. Looks like a lot of fun up there but resist the temptation to jump on that anti-immigration, racist band wagon. We need those immigrants. They are our hope to save the Social Security program. The white folks just don't have enough babies. They are also our hope to save the faith of Christ. The white folks just arn't going to church. The Adventist church is the fastest growing denomination in the US for a large part because of those immigrants. Like them, love them, embrace them, support them, fight for them! Resist the racist band wagon. Love them like Jesus does.

Yours is a bandwagon that really needs to be resisted as strenously as I would the KluxKlux clan.

If I don't want to go to church as a white person no immigrant on earth is going to get me there,neither is another white person or any other race.If I lose my faith a immigrant is very unlikely to make sure I gain it back

Legal immigrants should have our full support(not financial)

those that continue to break the law should not.

You are just about as arrogant as one can be.

Look at Shane,He loves them all as Jesus does.Sorry you can't even scratch the surface,except in your own mind.

We should just open the borders,put one and all on welfare that want it and quit the silly farce.

There are no borders in heaven.

We are not in heaven. We live in a sin filled world and yes we have borders.Maybe do away with all of them.Come one ,come all

we will feed,clothe and take care of your education and your medical just as soon as we figure out who we can take from next.

One of the aspects of heaven that is very inviting is "we will not build and another inhabit"

Don't forget God purposefully devided us at the Tower of Babel. If we were to unite under one banner, whose banner would it be?

I came, I saw, I posted.

Originally Posted By: Sid

Don't forget God purposefully devided us at the Tower of Babel. If we were to unite under one banner, whose banner would it be?

And when God divided us at Babel, did He also instruct us to have a hateful attitude towards others that are not of our nation? I don't believe anyone here does, but search Tea Party on youtube. Doesn't seem to be in the spirit of what the God I've read about intended.

• Members

And when God divided us at Babel, did He also instruct us to have a hateful attitude towards others that are not of our nation? I don't believe anyone here does, but search Tea Party on youtube. Doesn't seem to be in the spirit of what the God I've read about intended.

I agree with you on that Sid. There was a good reason why God divided man at Babel.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

And when God divided us at Babel, did He also instruct us to have a hateful attitude towards others that are not of our nation?

Ah, I see what you've done there. Those for illegal immigration are kind, loving and God-fearing individuals, while those against it are hate-filled xenophobics.

I came, I saw, I posted.

• Administrators

Yep! And let's add hypocrites to that characterization, right after the word "xenophobics".

A very large percentage of Americans are descendants of illegal immigrants. And many of those are the most vitriolic about "illegals" now.

My ancestors were among the first wave of illegals - the pilgrims on the Mayflower and those that colonized the native Americans' lands. If you can trace your roots on either side back to the colonialists, you are a descendant of illegal aliens, ones that didn't come peacefully but with force of arms committing crimes, stealing, vandalizing and killing, against the only true legal citizens of this land.

And the other side of the hypocrite label is that most of us enjoy and are truly unwilling to give up the fruits of the labors of those illegal aliens amongst us. They work for cheap, they do the jobs few, if any, Americans are willing to stoop to do. We do not want to give that up because we would have to part with a few more of our precious dollars to live in the luxury we are accustomed to. And we love to exploit those illegal aliens desire for a better life by taking full advantage of that fundamental asset of capitalism - cheap labor. Capitalism is built on exploitation.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)