ClubAdventist is back!

Got donuts?

Pockey

Starting with the Krispy Kreme, this light and fluffy donut is best tasted fresh off the oven so that it melts in your mouth. It can be yours for the mere price of 200 calories. Rating: 8/10.

2253303614_0869f070b0_z.jpg

Next, is the denser but sweeter Dunkin' Donut. If you're a fan of frosting, this one is for you. Their donut holes have an edge over the Krispy Kreme per double blind studies so that is indeed fact. Personally I favor the lightness of the Krispy Kreme, but DD has one huge advantage over KK, which is their mind altering coffee. Unforunately Dunkin' Donuts are nowhere to be found on the west coast. Rating 7/10.

4598378795_1c54212cc0_z.jpg

Onward we go towards our Canadian friends up north to Tim Hortons. Another place where you can get coffee and donuts. If you're in Montreal, you can even have some poutine, if you don't mind cheese and gravy over your fries. Rating 8/10

4366192697_867f60692f_z.jpg

And last but not least, is the holy grail of donuts. That's right, DK's Donuts in Orange, CA. The blue berry donut is the perfect blend of fried sweetness and fat melted together. Warning, be prepared to wait up to 2 hours in line. Calories: TNTC (too numerous to count). Rating 10/10.

l.jpg

What a heinous, evil topic! I am shocked!

post-4001-140967450544_thumb.jpg

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

• Moderators

At the risk of being considered a heretic....

I think that except for the hole, donuts are a total waste of calories (including

Krispy Kreme's) and

I think Oreos are totally over rated.(assuming that is what is in the last picture)

So now I will now retire to my hole, if without my chocolate mint biscuits :)

At the risk of being considered a heretic....

I think that except for the hole, donuts are a total waste of calories (including

Krispy Kreme's) and

I think Oreos are totally over rated.(assuming that is what is in the last picture)

So now I will now retire to my hole, if without my chocolate mint biscuits :)

Well, when you go to Sid's place; be sure to ask for Donut Holes Without Sugar.

And I can trust"

Occasionally, I get a chocolate smoothie....and during the making of one of these delights, I am asked if I want whipped creme on it...to which I reply that I need all the calories I can get.......this is so I can drown my sorrows in my whipped creme...don't ask me to explain this phenomena as it is too many keys too type out....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

I liked the homemade doughnuts made by a friend of my parents who lived in Vermont. She made them every other morning, and they were just as good the second day as the first. They could be had either plain or with confectioners' sugar, and were delicious with a glass of milk fresh from the cows in the barn.

But I've also had delicious homemade doughnuts that were baked, not fried, and after an evening of Ingathering at 10 degrees F., they were great with a cup of hot chocolate. :)

Oreos are evil!!

A couple weeks ago I thouht my 4 year old was being a tad to quiet. So I went to see what she was up to. She very sweetly came to her bedroom door with and offered my about ten Oreos with all the white licked out of them LOLOL

Originally Posted By: Overaged

Oreos are evil!!

A couple weeks ago I thouht my 4 year old was being a tad to quiet. So I went to see what she was up to. She very sweetly came to her bedroom door with and offered my about ten Oreos with all the white licked out of them LOLOL

:like::like:

And I can trust"

1035398_2fa5_625x1000.jpg
LOL... rollingsmile

And I can trust"

:like: :D

Well, when you go to Sid's place; be sure to ask for Donut Holes Without Sugar.

Haha, you're all welcome anytime! But they will have sugar. We'll just have to walk it off :)

• Moderators

I used to drop off every morning after work and get donuts and decaf coffee at the local donut shop down the street. Love them! But I can't eat them any more, and I have no trouble resisting them now because they are like poison to my body.

But I'm wondering if there are any places that make donuts with artificial sweateners. Anyone hear of such?

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

The only place I know, is http://lovinghut.us/ and it depends on the location, but they have an organic vegan yeast rised donut. Not sure about the sugar content, whether it's substituted with honey or not. All their food is vegan, no dairy or meat.

• Moderators

Hey thanks so much, Sid. Their food looks absolutely delicious.

I got their phone number and will call them Monday. Here's the one I'll go to. I used to live just down the street from this shop:

1905 El Cajon Blvd.

San Diego, CA 92104

USA

MONDAY to FRIDAY

Open 11 AM - 2 PM

Closed 2 PM - 5 PM

Open 5 PM - 9 PM

SATURDAY

Open 11 AM - 9 PM

SUNDAY

Closed

sandiego@lovinghut.us

(619) 683-9490

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Members

The only place I know, is http://lovinghut.us/ and it depends on the location, but they have an organic vegan yeast rised donut. Not sure about the sugar content, whether it's substituted with honey or not. All their food is vegan, no dairy or meat.

Great looking food, reminds me of Trader Joe. The reason I say that is because some of the food they had for sale was the same. They sold quite a bit of vegan food. I miss TJ here in Florida. Thanks for the link.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Here in Denver, Co, we have a local Donut chain called Lamars. They consistenly eat out all others in taste testing. KK opened with a big bang but over time some of their stores have closed.

Donuts....great comfort snacks!!! Will cure what ever ails you!!

• Members

I think DD has gone down hill in the past number of years. Besides I have not had a donut in many years. I used to really enjoyed them, than found out how long they lay in your stomach or how long it takes to digest.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

The Poutine is the REAL star of this show!!!

I will get the odd doughnut from Tim's. I like either strawberry or banana ones when available, and also the maple filled one.

BUT-

No one can beat my mother's homemade bread doughnuts!!! Those were the BEST, fresh, dipped in sugar.

I miss my mom!!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.