ClubAdventist is back!

The Religious Right And The Republican Party

teresaq

• Members

Thanks for that article, its stuff most of us should know from the writings of EGW. She might not have mentioned parties by name. But it hasn't been hard to figure out.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• teresaq

• doug yowell

• Woody

• Naomi

Unrighteous men in government and churchs leads to the fall of them. Have not all but practically fallen now, Governments and churches? For one, I say yes except for one. That one is Ekklesia the only one the gates of hell have not prevailed against. That means the "called out ones" That call has been continuous since Jesus Christ established Himself upon Himself the "Rock". Now it will never fall as it's members make up His Body the ones who follow only Him and His Word and no man or structure that man claims to be His church.

Sure that view is not popular. Don't you realize there is something deadly wrong in Christendom today and in the worlds governments also? What is it? The answer is really easy, an enemy has come in and beguiled asleep men. He now calls light darkness and darkness light. He calls right wrong and wrong right everywhere you look it is in your face.

Who could you vote for today in good conscience? None that I know of. The best one I know is for abortion and gay rights and the list goes on.

What it is we have come almost to the summit to where sin and unlawlesness will be allowed to go. The end is far closer than most know.

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

A Freeman In Jesus Christ

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I would ask how come SDAs belong to any party? I can see voting for what one believes to be right, I can't see belonging to any political party of this world.

Joh 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Different reasons: Sometimes because of family; the Republicans were at a time the anti-slavery party, and the those who were against slavery became Republicans and so did their children, grand children etc. Later they changed to become the party of the rich, or at least upper middle class, so those who were able to become doctors or start their businesses and suceed would be republicans, and their children, grandchildren etc. The Democrats became the party of the common people, so those who were common people or conserned with social issues became democrats, and their children and their grandchildren. Today the Republcans have become the party of big oil and the Democrats the party of big banking (both groups owned by the same families, the about 200 families of the super rich) and thus both parties have joined together and only make a show of dissagreement and options, and while there are some changes to make commentators on the radio upset, we find party after party carrying on the same policies, the policies of the globalists, the will of the 200 families of the super rich, who is removing our freedoms and uniting the world by economic cooperation and gaining control over our buying and selling. So today many are leaving to become independent. However this also causes problems...

Sometimes the issues are being brought up on the primary level. In a local election there was 2 people runing for highway superentendent, one who was running for relection, but who would make shortcuts which affected the enviromment, making people's fields swampy and drying up creeks, the other was the son of a former highway superentendent who did a good job for everyone. We could not vote because we did not belong to that party.

This year there are not many choices in one party, but the other has a bunch of people who are just a continuation of the status quo of the Globalist movement removing our rights, allowing for detainment without due process. A couple who are the globalist status quo but also putting in enforcing more of their religious beliefs and would thus destroy what is left of our shattered constitution, and one who actually supports returning to the constitution and restore the rights we have persistantly been loosing over the past 30 years, especially the past 10 years. Those of us who are independent or belong to another party are having to change to this party if we want to be able to have a voice in this.

I praise God that the right is usually right.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators
I praise God that the right is usually right.
thumbsup

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

For years we thought that the conservative party in America would usher in the time of the end, but recent developments among the liberal party in America reveal a controlling spirit that rivals or exceeds that of the conservative element.
If by recently you mean the past 30 years, then you are right (get it, right?). It was the overreaching dominion theory of the secular powers (religion bad,no religion good)that was the only reason for the birth of the "religious right" in the first place. THe (mostly successful) attempts of "liberals" to remove religious elements from virtually every public forum (abortion on demand,governmental sponsorship of evolutionary teaching, Bible's out of schools.ect...)while instituting anti-religious moral legislation got many religious people to realize that they were being left(get it,left?)out of the game.I, for one, have never bought in to the idea that the religious right was the fulfillment of Biblical prophesy partly because the methodology and goals of the progressive("religious")left are exactly what they falsely accuse the religious right of being.Total control, exclusion of all who dissent because they are evil.

I agree it has been happening for several decades now, I have been watching it.

It seems to me the "religious right" have been manipulating religious conservatives all along. Easy enough to do when people sincerely want to do what is right.

Translated;Conservative Religious leaders are sinister and evil but conservative voters are too stupid (unlike wise liberals)to get it.

I would ask how come SDAs belong to any party? I can see voting for what one believes to be right, I can't see belonging to any political party of this world.

If one believes that the moral positions of that party are in harmony with what is good for his country and that that party is the only political defense for restraining certain evils (the policies of the other party)in that society then why not be a member? Joining a political party does not mean that one automatically believes in everything the party promotes but it does allow one to more fully participate in the selection of the representatives of one's politics.Something inherently wrong with that in a republican form of government?

Quote:
"religious right" I have to laugh! The statement is self explanatory...it can apply to anyone, politics has nothing to do with it, a red herring if you will. The pharisees were the 'religious right' of their day. I read 'religious right' everyday through out the forum threads! It is simply a shortened version of "I am religiously correct, I have better understanding"!!!

Left out of this definition is the fact that the Sadducees were the "religious left/progressives" of their day. And they controlled the "presidency" of their nation at the time of Christ. They had lost belief in anything they could not scientifically or philisophically explain. Yet, Jesus addressed them by saying "You don't know the Scriptures or the power of God".At least the Pharisees got the theology right(get it, right?)Let's give equal credit where it is due.

Can someone tell me please; what is meant by "left" or "right" in politics? It is something I hear a lot, but never did figure out what is meant by.
It all depends who's doing the defining.The MSM and their educational,political,and entertainment brotherhood don't have the word "left" in their vocabulary.Everything not "right" is "moderate". What they mean by "right" is evil, repressive, opposing progress,justice,and freedom.Ignorant,superstitious,homophobic,anti-women,anti-immigrant,...need I continue?

Here is an article that was published 30 years ago in These Times, an adventist magazine, pp.9-13 (March 1981)

George Washington understood the genius of America. The separation of church and state constituted the only way of shutting out the possibility of the tyranny of religion from which the persecuted Pilgrims fled, and offered the only way to which all persecuted people could escape--whether running from religious or political tyranny.

Roland Hegstad, editor of Liberty magazine, in his September 19, 1980, letter to me, expressed it well: "There has never been a time when the majority has been moral. There have, unfortunately, been times when the majority thought it had been moral. I say unfortunately because history is a record not of bad people trying to make other people bad, but of good people trying to make other people good. And when the majority perceives itself as moral, and political, and powerful, and 'called,' the minority is in for a bad time. But was it not Jesus Himself who said, 'The time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think he doeth God service.'" (John 16:2).

According to acclaimed journalist and television host Bill Moyers,

"True, people of faith have always tried to bring their interpretation of the Bible to bear on American laws and morals ... it's the American way, encouraged and protected by the First Amendment. But what is unique today is that the radical religious right has succeeded in taking over one of America's great political parties. The country is not yet a theocracy but the Republican Party is, and they are driving American politics, using God as a a battering ram on almost every issue: crime and punishment, foreign policy, health care, taxation, energy, regulation, social services and so on."

See what I mean. While the secularists and their religious supporters,have Carte Blanche to create and inforce any moral or political position they choose in the name of Separation the religious community is required to lay aside their religious foundations or be labeled theocratic.

Originally Posted By: teresaq(sda)
I agree it has been happening for several decades now, I have been watching it.

It seems to me the "religious right" have been manipulating religious conservatives all along. Easy enough to do when people sincerely want to do what is right.

Translated;Conservative Religious leaders are sinister and evil but conservative voters are too stupid (unlike wise liberals)to get it.
If thats how you wish to read it, and you do. :)

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

• Administrators

George Washington was a great man.

thumbsup

Quote:
Left = Liberals (Democrats)

Right = Conservatives (Republicans)

Nah - I would describe it as:

Right = Right

Left = Wrong or actually it is "left"over beliefs after that which is Right - has been presented.

Hope this is clear as mud.

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Nah - I would describe it as:

Right = Right

Left = Wrong or actually it is "left"over beliefs after that which is Right - has been presented.

Hope this is clear as mud.

I agreed when I read this and then had to question "left-over beliefs after that which is Right - has been presented."

Guess I am going to have to crawl out of the mud before I fully comprehend.

Quote:

LOL

Ahh - A little mud is nothing to worry about. :)

I enjoy being a little mysterious.

I believe in Hematology.

After I've stated my beliefs - the "left"over comments given are from the Left. And as we all know - Left = Wrong.

I will close with what dgrimm would say:

HA HA HA HO HO HO HE HE HE

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Quote:

LOL

Ahh - A little mud is nothing to worry about. :)

I enjoy being a little mysterious.

So I've noticed ... it keeps things interesting. hifive