Top Posters In This Topic

• teresaq

• doug yowell

• Woody

• Naomi

God was the first conservative:

"For I am the LORD; I change not." [Malachi 3:6]

Lucifer was the first liberal/radical:

"Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins — or which is which), the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — LUCIFER."

[Dedication page, from "Rules for Radicals" by Saul Alinsky]

Hmmm, guess it depends on what one's definition of "liberal" and "conservative" is.

"Father forgive them for they know not what they do" sounds rather liberal/radical to me. Can't see Satan having anything to do with that one! Wasn't it the conservatives who wanted to stone the woman?

Isn't it God Who is repealing the death penalty? Again, sounds just a tad liberal/radical to me. I think Satan is all for the death penalty.

Yes, guess it all depends on one's definitions. :)

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

• Members

God was the first conservative:

"For I am the LORD; I change not." [Malachi 3:6]

Lucifer was the first liberal/radical:

"Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins — or which is which), the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — LUCIFER."

[Dedication page, from "Rules for Radicals" by Saul Alinsky]

What an odd picture: Lucifer was a "radical".....Jesus was a "radical"...

Hitler. Mother Teresa. Ghandi. Mao. Anabaptists.

Being "radical" creates strange bedfellows..

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Quote:
God was the first conservative

And the Republican Party is proud to have him as a member.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

The Religious Right of the 1800's was in favor of an amendment to prohibit the sale of alcohol, and against slavery - joining with them on these issues was the Seventh-day Adventist church.

The Democrat party on the subject of the "Value of human life" was in favor of slavery in the 1800's upholding the right of slave owners to choose to have slaves -- and is in favor of abortion today. And so they have been consistent.

The SDA church formally opposes abortion today and opposed slavery in the 1800's - and so on the subject of the value of human life - the denomination has been consistent.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

The Religious Right of the 1800's was in favor of an amendment to prohibit the sale of alcohol, and against slavery - joining with them on these issues was the Seventh-day Adventist church.