ClubAdventist is back!

Will the SDA Church Split?

teresaq

I have been told that the church is heading for a split. That seems very clear if the SDA forums are representative of our church.

I have been wondering if the Lord will allow it to come to a split,

or,

if the Lord will allow world events to happen first.

Has anyone else thought about it? What do you believe will happen? Will the Lord allow the SDA church to split? Will that be the means of shaking out those who are not following the Lord?

Where do we compromise at?

Where do we dig in our heels?

In light of the repeated calls for unity and reconciliation do any see that as a possibility? On what grounds?

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

I think compromise is out of the question.

And I don't think God is going to change anything till He comes.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I'm not sure how the Lord changing anything or not fits in with the questions I asked. You kinda lost me there, or did it seem I was saying something to that effect?

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

We could let the libs do their thing and the cons do their thing and see which one has the best results. The Lord will bless those who do His will. We could call it a test or experiment in His will. I think if we did this the church would only improve. It for sure would not get any worse than what we have now.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

How would that affect you personally if it did?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

Great to see you posting again Woody. Hope your back for a while. Personally I don't see the church splitting. I see more and more falling away of those who disagree with the Church. Just as some have done in the past. Kind of like what is called the shaking time.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Split...no...because of the monies generated by tithes and offerings. Individual churches leaving, possibly.

Some interesting times are coming, if not already here. I would say many church leaders are concerned as well as those who have been at the GC level.

• Moderators

:like:

I would only add that many falling away could appear to be like a split.

There's a church near where I live that meets on Sunday. All of the members are former SDAs.

It's entirely possible that we will see more of this kind of thing happening in the future.

Ellen White indicates that a large portion of SDAs will eventually fall away.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

But divisions will come in the church. Two parties will be developed. The wheat and tares grow up together for the harvest. {2SM 113.3}

There will be a shaking of the sieve. The chaff must in time be separated from the wheat. Because iniquity abounds, the love of many waxes cold. It is the very time when the genuine will be the strongest.--Letter 46, 1887. {LDE 173.1}

The history of the rebellion of Dathan and Abiram is being repeated, and will be repeated till the close of time. Who will be on the Lord's side? Who will be deceived, and in their turn become deceivers?--Letter 15, 1892. {LDE 173.2}

The Lord is soon to come. There must be a refining, winnowing process in every church, for there are among us wicked men who do not love the truth or honor God.--RH March 19, 1895. {LDE 173.3}

We are in the shaking time, the time when everything that can be shaken will be shaken. The Lord will not excuse those who know the truth if they do not in word and deed obey His commands.--6T 332 (1900). {LDE 173.4}

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to me the NAD has been rebellious on some issues and those in my memory are of falling to the liberal side, so it looks to me that you've had the test of what going liberal does. Just some thoughts.

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

A Freeman In Jesus Christ

The SDA church is already split, brethren. The shaking will soon reveal who is in it for real.

"Acquaint now thyself with Him and be at peace."

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Administrators

But divisions will come in the church. Two parties will be developed. The wheat and tares grow up together for the harvest. {2SM 113.3}

There will be a shaking of the sieve. The chaff must in time be separated from the wheat. Because iniquity abounds, the love of many waxes cold. It is the very time when the genuine will be the strongest.--Letter 46, 1887. {LDE 173.1}

It may come as a surprise to many that what they thought to be tares ends up being wheat.

If the church splits, some from both sides of the split will likely view the other side as tares. So who would be right?

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Moderators

...It may come as a surprise to many that what they thought to be tares ends up being wheat.

This can go either way. That's why Christ said we are to let both grow together until the harvest. Humans are terrible at reading hearts and predicting the future course people will take. We shouldn't even try to do it.

Originally Posted By: Tom Wetmore
If the church splits, some from both sides of the split will likely view the other side as tares. So who would be right?

One thing we know for sure, the Holy Spirit doesn't lead people to reject parts of the Bible or to have little or no confidence in the Spirit of prophecy.

Ellen White says that many will leave the church at the time of persecution and will join with God's enemies in persecuting Sabbath-keepers. For sure, those who do this will prove what spirit they are of. These will first leave the SDA church and join Sunday-keeping churches. Doubtless they will be convinced that God is leading them to do it.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Little off shoot "adjustments" from time to time is nothing new.

But when the going gets tough - those who are just playing game will likely not want to pay the price to remain in the group.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Little off shoot "adjustments" from time to time is nothing new.

But when the going gets tough - those who are just playing game will likely not want to pay the price to remain in the group.

in Christ,

Bob

Bob,

When the going gets tough as it was in Jesus's day and the church wouldn't change or be corrected, what they done was a home church, read of it in Acts. So it eventually ended the dispensation to them and started the dispensation to the Gentiles. Jesus and the disciples strove for seven years to right it and it would not. Then AD 34 The new church began the time of the Gentiles. Then in less than 300 years became corrupt again and we then had reform movements that were sorely needed. But look who remained, thinking the church can do no wrong.

Well, something to think about isn't it.

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Blessings everyone,

We should know by now that only by the grace of God are we saved and able to receive and follow truth.

So let's pray for ourselves, our families and each other to have personal reformations in our own hearts. Regardless of what we disagree on now, I hope we are all wanting to see each other on that sea of glass in the Heaven made new.

Amen!

Luke 12:32 NKJV

Blessings everyone,

We should know by now that only by the grace of God are we saved and able to receive and follow truth.

So let's pray for ourselves, our families and each other to have personal reformations in our own hearts. Regardless of what we disagree on now, I hope we are all wanting to see each other on that sea of glass in the Heaven made new.

Amen!

There is a battle to be won by each and every one of us and I hesitate not to bring this out. The secret to winning it isn't the new theology that has come in I tell all now. We must be overcomers in the here and now, none will be made to without our part being done. What I see now in the present SDA church is extreme liberalism. Few very few are willing to take up the following admonition. EGW speaks, -

We have no hesitancy in telling you that in order to obtain the immortal inheritance and the eternal substance, you must be overcomers in this probationary life. Everything that blots and stains the soul must be removed, must be cleansed from the heart. We must know what it means to be a partaker of the divine nature, having escaped the corruptions that are in the world through lust. Are you willing to wage war against the lusts of the flesh? Are you ready to battle against the enemy of God and man? Satan is determined to enslave every soul if he can; for he is playing a desperate game to win the souls of men from Christ and eternal life. Will you permit him to steal from you the graces of the Spirit of God, and plant in you his own corrupt nature? or will you accept the great provision of salvation, and through the merits of the Infinite Sacrifice made in your behalf, become a partaker of the divine nature? God has given His only-begotten Son, that through His shame, suffering, and death, you might have glory, honor, and immortality.--Signs of the Times, June 15, 1891. {TDG 175.2}

Jesus came in our fallen nature to overcome from where we must and took no power but what is yours to overcome and walk as He walked and this being denied today every where. This is why He came, to give to each the power to overcome the Devil, but it is an exercise of your will to do His will and your Love to love what He loves. He doesn't make you do this, He leaves you free to chose to or not to. He will only have those in the kingdom who of their own free choice choose to take His offered indwelling and overcome the world and Satan.

It proves your faith to know that as a partaker of His Divine Nature you are the victor over the Devil and sin.

Ro 6:1 ¶ What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Ro 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Salvation is His way and not man's, man cobbles a way that he can get to heaven and still continue to sin. Baloney to that none can not put away sin, you can and must overcome sin in the life here and now.

It is Satan speaking saying you cannot.

• Moderators

The SDA church is already split,

Yep. I think we have already passed the tipping point. Its been split on racial lines for decades so why not theological.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein