ClubAdventist is back!

Will the SDA Church Split?

teresaq

• Moderators

"I have influenza, so I might as well get cancer too!!??!"

fro3. The analogy you draw fits your perspective perfectly. For some the slit on racial lines is as innocuous as bout of the flu. It's no big deal.

To me it's the smokers cough that portends a more serious and devastating problem.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

I can concur that two illnesses don't make a body whole, and at the same time believe that black/white conferences in the NAD are unhelpful to the Lord's cause.

I do.

I do.

og

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Moderators

My point is that the racial split is indicative of the sickness that exists in the body of Christ. So a larger theological split is not surprising.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

But who is/are perpetuating this split with all these ethnic conferences? It's one thing to have departments within the main conferences that addresses ethnic issues, I see the perpetuation of separate ethnic conferences as a black eye [or should that be a brown eye or white eye :D) on the church.

BTW, if I'm not mistaken, the SOUTHERN UNION has just elected an Afro-Am for president. About three years before I left CA, the Southeastern Calif Conf elected also a Black president.

I have been told that the church is heading for a split.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

:like:

I would only add that many falling away could appear to be like a split.

There's a church near where I live that meets on Sunday. All of the members are former SDAs.

It's entirely possible that we will see more of this kind of thing happening in the future.

Ellen White indicates that a large portion of SDAs will eventually fall away.

There is a sabbath keeping sda church here in Houston. I only know of this church because of their facebook page. What's curious is they often talk up their Sunday morning worship, 'Sunday morning praise' I think they call it. They even stream it on facebook. What is curious is they never stream their sabbath worship services. They justify all this by saying Ellen White said that it is good for sda churches to meet on Sundays, so as to break down walls of separtion. Whatever..

Frederick Douglass

But who is/are perpetuating this split with all these ethnic conferences? It's one thing to have departments within the main conferences that addresses ethnic issues, I see the perpetuation of separate ethnic conferences as a black eye [or should that be a brown eye or white eye :D) on the church.

BTW, if I'm not mistaken, the SOUTHERN UNION has just elected an Afro-Am for president. About three years before I left CA, the Southeastern Calif Conf elected also a Black president.

The black & white conferences splite is old news, IMO. There are all sorts of potential fault lines. There's the spanish, vs. english split, there are class/socio economic splits, suburban vs. innner city splits. I visit other conference churches from time to time. They are preaching the same gospel so I don't see any problem. As I've mentioned before, there is a spanish sda church within walking distance of be. I'd stop in there, but I don't understand spanish.

Even within my on predominently black conference there are fault lines between churches that are doing well, as opposed to other churches, that are struggling.

Frederick Douglass

My point is that the racial split is indicative of the sickness that exists in the body of Christ. So a larger theological split is not surprising.

ok

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."