ClubAdventist is back!

Cain Accuser Stands By Sexual Harassment Complaint

Seems the accuser is no longer anxious to tell her story

Cain Accuser Stands By Sexual Harassment Complaint

Cain says scandal will not deter him

By Tom Cohen and Alan Silverleib CNN

One of the women who accused Republican presidential contender Herman Cain of sexual harassment released a statement through her lawyer Friday saying that she "stands by" her complaint, which was made "in good faith about a series of inappropriate behaviors and unwanted advances."

There was "more than one incident" of harassment involving Cain and his client over the span of a couple of months in 1999, attorney Joel Bennett said.

Bennett said his client, married for 26 years, will not reveal her identity because "she and her husband see no value in revisiting this matter now nor in discussing the matter any further publicly or privately."

"In fact," he added, "it would be extremely painful for her to do so."

Bennett released the statement after reaching an agreement to do so with the National Restaurant Association, the organization headed by Cain during the time of the alleged harassment. The group has an agreement with the alleged victim that includes a series of confidentiality and non-disparagement provisions.

Dawn Sweeney, the current head of the association, issued a statement confirming that in July 1999, Bennett's client "filed a formal internal complaint, in accordance with the association's existing policies prohibiting discrimination and harassment."

Cain, she noted, "disputed the allegations in the complaint."

Sweeney said the association is prepared to fully release Bennett's client from her confidentiality agreement in the event she wants to disclose additional details.

The controversy has dominated Cain's front-running campaign for the past week. A defiant Cain insists he did nothing wrong, and will not let the issue deter him.

Cain spokesman J.D. Gordon said in response to Bennett's statement that the Cain campaign looks "forward to focusing our attention on the real issues impacting this country -- like fixing this broken economy and putting Americans back to work."

Cain's campaign said earlier Friday it is considering filing a lawsuit against Politico, the news organization which broke the harassment story last Sunday.

A possible lawsuit "is being discussed," Gordon told CNN. Gordon declined, however, to discuss the timetable or legal basis for such a move. Cain and his campaign aides have been highly critical of Politico's use of anonymous sources, among other things.

Politico executive editor Jim VandeHei told CNN he had heard nothing from the Cain campaign, and said the organization "stands confidently behind every story (our) reporters have written on the topic."

Cain has cited strong poll numbers and fund-raising to claim voters know the allegations are a baseless political attack.

"The American people are starting to see through this stuff, and they are sick of gutter politics," Cain declared in a radio interview with conservative commentator Sean Hannity on Thursday. "This will not deter me."

Asked about money paid to two women -- including Bennett's client -- when they left the National Restaurant Association, Cain said in the one case he recalled, it was severance money because accusations of impropriety on his part proved unfounded.

Bennett insisted Friday there was no severance agreement, but rather a financial settlement of the harassment complaint.

Cain on Thursday also repeated his accusation that the campaign of Texas Gov. Rick Perry, a conservative rival for the GOP nomination, was behind the allegations emerging as Cain rose to the top of the polls in the race.

In particular, he noted that a former aide, Curt Anderson, signed on with the Perry campaign shortly before the allegations surfaced in Politico.

"These are the facts. Connect the dots," Cain said, adding that "as more of the information comes out, the more baseless it appears to people."

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

We can only hope this sinks his candidacy so someone that can beat Obama gets the nomination. So far it doesn't look hopeful. He is still holding his lead in the polls.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

We can only hope this sinks his candidacy so someone that can beat Obama gets the nomination. So far it doesn't look hopeful. He is still holding his lead in the polls.

No,I would not hope anyone's candidacy is sunk because of something like this unless true. So far no one knows what he is accused of doing.

A little sleezy to sink a mans candidacy and his reputation based on unsubstantiated rumor.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

I don't care what sinks his candidacy as long as it goes down. I would hate to pin all hope of an economic recovery on Cain being able to beat Obama. Furthermore, even if Cain were to win and by some miracle was able to get Congress to pass his 9-9-9, there is no guarantee that will cause the economy to recover. That could cause more uncertainty and a greater recession.

I suppose you would rather have Dennis Kucinich?

Let's go with Obama,we do have guarantees where this man will lead the country

I suppose you would rather have Dennis Kucinich?

I want someone who can win. Cain will go down in flames if he wins the nomination. Paul will too. Gingrich, Santorum and Bauchmann would all have a very hard time but could possibly beat Obama. Perry, Romney or Huntsman would stand the best chance of beating Obama so I am hoping one of those three will win the nomination.

If either Cain or Paul gets the nomination, like many other independents, I will probably find myself holding my nose and voting for Obama again.

I don't care what sinks his candidacy as long as it goes down. I would hate to pin all hope of an economic recovery on Cain being able to beat Obama. Furthermore, even if Cain were to win and by some miracle was able to get Congress to pass his 9-9-9, there is no guarantee that will cause the economy to recover. That could cause more uncertainty and a greater recession.

I don't care what sinks his candidacy as long as it goes down.

This says a lot about ethics and integrity. As much as I detest everything Obama has done as president,his questionable choice of close companions throughout life,his ideology,I would not wish this for him if untrue, just to see him go down.If that is the only way I could win or be happy with a outcome,I would much rather lose.

This from a man that frequently asks "What would Jesus Do"?

You simply cannot separate your personal christian convictions from your conduct or what you promote politically

As my daddy always said, When you are dealing with those that invoke Christ at every turn,and profess so much Christianity, check your wallet and see if it is still there and then your reputation to see if it is still intact.Chances are one or both will be gone

Cain is bad news for America and bad news for the Republican Party. Of course I don't want to see his campaign sink because some type of physical harm were to come to him. I don't wish him any harm personally. When I say I don't care what takes him down I am saying I don't care if it is a scandal of simply people opening their eyes and seeing what a ridiculous candidate he actually is.

Cain is bad news for America and bad news for the Republican Party. Of course I don't want to see his campaign sink because some type of physical harm were to come to him. I don't wish him any harm personally. When I say I don't care what takes him down I am saying I don't care if it is a scandal of simply people opening their eyes and seeing what a ridiculous candidate he actually is.

Passable spin