ClubAdventist is back!

"Real Adventists"

Gibs

Every organized christian church, and Catholics, have certain minimum requirements for membership. For disfellowship, for removing names from the church books. If you don't like the rules, leave that Methodist church, or that Elks Lodge group or whatever. No one if forcing you to do anything.

As John317 pointed out earlier "Christians" have a DUTY to consider membership, in that respect, they have a DUTY to actually "judge" someone. Again, just common sense.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John317

• ClubV12

• Overaged

• Gibs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know why you were, apparently YOU don't know why either, it was not tithe, thats for sure! You may be lieing to YOURSELF about why. Something you should consider.

Seriously? Really?

Lets see. I gave a whole list of reasons why I could have been. I explained the reason I was given BY THE CHURCH

I fail to see what is hard to understand about that.

If they kicked me out for some other reason I was never ever told what it was. Tithing was the only reason I was given.

It doesn't matter a lot to me 20 years later. I just think its a cheesy reason to give someone the boot.

We should probably leve the "red herring" alone for now...

I am most interested in the idea of "real adventists;" and what they have to believe, in order to qualify. Going to think about it for the day and get back here later. have a great sabbath!

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Emptycross, tithe is not listed in the church manual as grounds for disfellowship, thats a fact. IF, and thats a BIG IF, your church used that for a reason they have made a serious mistake. Sorry, but I seriously doubt that is the real issue here.

EmptyCross...[color:#009900]" I have said all this to you to keep you from falling away. They will put you out of the synagogues, indeed, the hour is comming when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God. And they will do this because they have not known the Father, nor me. But I have said these thing to you, that when their hour comes you may remember that I told you of them. John 16:2-4 RSV

EmptyCross...[color:#009900]" I have said all this to you to keep you from falling away. They will put you out of the synagogues, indeed, the hour is comming when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God. And they will do this because they have not known the Father, nor me. But I have said these thing to you, that when their hour comes you may remember that I told you of them. John 16:2-4 RSV

Monty thats cool. I am very good with where I stand with my spiritual beliefs - including how I feel about Jesus and his message. I really think actual religion has little to do with it.

Thanks for clairifying that you were disfellowshiped Emptycross, my heart goes out to you.

I don't know why you were, apparently YOU don't know why either, it was not tithe, thats for sure! You may be lieing to YOURSELF about why. Something you should consider.

Recently my church took a list of names of people who had not been in attendance for years. An organized effort is underway to meet with those who are willing to meet to help them in whatever way we can. There are formal requirements that need to be met, as per the General Conference guidelines, before members names are officially removed from the books. This is not really a big deal, it's just common sense, and in THIS thread, a "red herring".

post-4001-140967451305_thumb.gif

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ