ClubAdventist is back!

Why I am a former SDA

Bravus

Quote:
Not one of you that wants to "accept" Bravus has taken the care or time to even try to warn him of his danger.

You don't know that. And I don't know if you have enough information to accuse people of that.

Show me in this thread where you have warned him Gail

Or show me a post on this forum where you have warned him.

Originally Posted By: ClubV12
Tom says,

"I find it difficult to understand the mentality that if someone leaves the group, we must reject everything they say."

So if they leave and become a Buddhist we must NOT reject that theology? I don't accept evolution, Bravus does. Now you can accept evolution if you want, but why would you? Because Bravus does? Is unity so important to you that you would throw out fundamental biblical beliefs in order to find unity at any price?

Whew,,,, that IS a difficult to understand mentality that someone would be so determined to remain popular at any cost.

As CoAspen said, it about an complete lack of comprehension. You and Twilight demonstrate that you simply do not understand a thing some of us have said or what Bravus has been saying all along. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero comprehension. It seems to me that some have become wrapped so tightly in the cocoon of their own perspective that they are utterly blind and deaf to any other pov.

It makes it exceedingly difficult to carry on a rational conversation and seemingly impossible to explain to you in any way you can comprehend. We will continue to take past each other. It is pointless to continue even trying.

Or maybe it is you that does not understand Tom.

That you are blind to Bravus' current plight, so much so that you encourage him to reject the warnings he has been given...

You simply do not understand a thing some of us have said. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero comprehension. What is so hard to understand about the need to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour?

Much hubris, there is! Not once has Bravus said he rejected Christ. If God /Christ is the creators of all, then why should they not be understood or seen in a myriad of ways...you are trying to confine God/Christ to your box! Well let me tell you a secret (((((they can't be put in a Box)))))! Now, don't tell any one!!!

peace

To borrow from the shout box and an explanation!!!!

"I abominate polysyllabic obfuscation"

Sesquipedalian Obscurantism

Sesquipedalian n. One who is inordinately infatuated with polysyllabic obfuscation, preferring never to employ a less complicated syntactic arrangement of descriptive words when there exists a single expressive unit that amalgamates the multiplicity of morphemes1 comprising the simpler phrase. Among the manifold objectives of multisyllabic, holophrastic2 verbalism are those of: rendering the author's meaning indisputably precise yet simultaneously incomprehensible; demonstrating through superior orthography and lexical awareness that the writer is manifestly more erudite than the reader; disempowering intellectual challenge to the proponent's argument by using logomachinations3 to divert discussion to the establishment of the opponent's comprehension of the vocabulary as opposed to addressing the factual import of the treatise which, upon analysis, may well prove amphigorous4. The obscurantist5 sesquipedalian is likely to compound the reader's difficulties by indulging in glossosynthesis6, thus enabling the author to dismiss all opposing views as ultracrepidarious7. In other words, a sesquipedalian is one who would call a spade a manuo-pedal excavationary implement8.

:spewcoffee::spewcoffee:

Loadecia, it's not just for the Adventist church anymore.

It's for all those who claim to know or have known the Christ, and yet rejected that for whatever reason. Replacing it with their own interpretation, worldly views, science falsely so called and whatever combination of beliefs that makes them feel "comfortable". As in, need of nothing, increased with goods, content, SELF confident.

The counsel to Ladodecia was I would that you were cold or hot. "Comfortable" is not on the menu.

My neighbor is comfortable to some degree, but she is beginning to awaken to the idea that a personal Saviour is needed in her life. She is not Laodecia, a question every Christian should be asking themselves, CoAspen.

Nominal Adventists are also on a journey, a deluded Laodecia journey that speaks of unity and love and unicorns and puppy dogs. When they hug each other they are binding themselves into bundles to be burned.

SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!

Unity?

Love?

Unicorns?

Puppy Dogs?

How dare they! Those things will destroy your chance at salvation.

Next thing you know they will be talking about blue butterfly's and double rainbows as well!!

Honestly - I really fail to see how any of those things are bad! Club if I ever ran into you I would give yu a great big hug! You would see they are not so bad and they don't all lead to immoral behaviour either!

"I really fail to see how any of those things are bad..."

And therein lays the problem for so many on this thread. They fail to see and understand the true meaning of love. Love is taking the car keys from a drunk while he spits on you and calls you names.

What IS immoral behaviour? If you break one commandment you have broken them all. I wouldn't get to comfortable about being a terrific, good, upstanding, moral person myself. You can't "work" your way into heaven.

• Moderators

No-one's spitting or calling names. You may want to get that persecution complex looked at.

Truth is important

And therein lays the problem for so many on this thread. They fail to see and understand the true meaning of love. Love is taking the car keys from a drunk while he spits on you and calls you names.

Indeed it is. Love is also supporting people you care about, its also letting them learn their own lessons and come to their own conclusions.

BTW unicorns are pretty cool and I think you went to far there in calling them bad.

I think you understand the comparison Bravus. The straight testimony is hard to hear, it makes people "uncomfortable". Like taking cancer treatment medication it's not meant to "feel good" it's meant to attack disease and save your life. Taking the keys from a drunk is about saving their life, and the lives of others who have piled into the car for that deadly "journey".

1) Something being difficult to hear does not make it true. Such claims have ever been used by patriarchal narcissists to support the status quo.

2) Claiming, repeatedly, that one has the truth, like the laffer affect, has a directly proportional diminishment on the likelyhood that person has the truth. Truth needs no defense. Small people with a desire for glory by association claim big things. If it is true, it is axiomatic.

3) God existed before the SDA church, for beyond millions of years, and will exist for beyond millions of years after the SDA church is a forgotten as a regretful cultural departure from faith and God. Claiming otherwise is an idolatous slap in the face of God. Would you tell God where he can be and when?

4) The patience Bravus has shown in this thread responding to ideology is the strongest testimony of faith.

I think you understand the comparison Bravus. The straight testimony is hard to hear, it makes people "uncomfortable". Like taking cancer treatment medication it's not meant to "feel good" it's meant to attack disease and save your life. Taking the keys from a drunk is about saving their life, and the lives of others who have piled into the car for that deadly "journey".

But thats just it. Nothing about it makes me uncomfortable because it makes no sense to me. If it did I would embrace it and live by it. Fact is though - it would be wrong to follow it just because some people told you it was the truth, rather than follow it because you truly felt it was the truth. Following it out of fear is equally wrong.

"Nothing about it makes me uncomfortable..."

That may be the most solem statement on this thread. It goes far beyond Laodecial into a very dark realm. Very sad...

xXWarIsPeaceXx, prophecy has declared we are living in the time of the end. Daniel 11 is almost fulfilled. Time is very short for this earth. All need to make a decision now for or against acceptance of Jesus Christ as their Saviour. "Pretty close" work when your playing horse shoes, but this life is not a game. You either win by accepting Christ completely, or you loose entirely. When you become so numb, so comfortable, your conscience (seared as Paul called it) no longer responds to the urging of the Holy Spirit you are on incredibly dangerous ground. My greatest sympathy goes out to those who may find themselves in this position.

Don't listen to the worlds lie Emptycross, following God out of fear is the beginning of wisdom.

"Nothing about it makes me uncomfortable..."

That may be the most solem statement on this thread. It goes far beyond Laodecial into a very dark realm. Very sad...

xXWarIsPeaceXx, prophecy has declared we are living in the time of the end. Daniel 11 is almost fulfilled. Time is very short for this earth. All need to make a decision now for or against acceptance of Jesus Christ as their Saviour. "Pretty close" work when your playing horse shoes, but this life is not a game. You either win by accepting Christ completely, or you loose entirely. When you become so numb, so comfortable, your conscience (seared as Paul called it) no longer responds to the urging of the Holy Spirit you are on incredibly dangerous ground. My greatest sympathy goes out to those who may find themselves in this position.

Pretty close is effective in nuclear war as well.

Thing is this. The God you describe is a God that says this. "I gave you all intelligence and the ability to think and reason. Now here is a little prank that makes me giggle. I am going to tell you that if you actually use that ability to question and demand that anything I say makes sense I am gonna bbq your backside for a thousand years"

While I appreciate a good prank as much as the next guy - that is going just a hair to far to me. Its like winning the lottery then having them change the winning numbers just for kicks.

Don't listen to the worlds lie Emptycross, following God out of fear is the beginning of wisdom.

That is one of the sickest statements in this thread. Why would I EVER want to spend an eternity with a being that I live in fear of? That is just wrong on so many levels.

• Moderators

That is one of the sickest statements in this thread. Why would I EVER want to spend an eternity with a being that I live in fear of? That is just wrong on so many levels.

The fear spoken of is reverence, awe, and worship. It has to do with having the knowledge of who God is and knowing that He holds our life in His hands. It's healthy to have an honest fear of the consequences of disobedience.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Don't listen to the worlds lie Emptycross' date=' following God out of fear is the beginning of wisdom. [/quote']

Well I am gonna disagree. Given the context of me talking about fear would logically point to club refering to the kind of fear I mentioned.

If it some other play on words then that is just a silly game.

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

• Members

Originally Posted By: John317[quote name='ClubV12
Don't listen to the worlds lie Emptycross' date=' following God out of fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Well I am gonna disagree. Given the context of me talking about fear would logically point to club refering to the kind of fear I mentioned.

If it some other play on words then that is just a silly game. [/quote']

I agree with John about the meaning of fear that's being expressed here. But as you say, if Club is saying it in the form that you think he means, than I would say that I don't agree with Club.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

What IS immoral behaviour? If you break one commandment you have broken them all. I wouldn't get to comfortable about being a terrific, good, upstanding, moral person myself. You can't "work" your way into heaven.

But you are the one doing the spitting here.

post-4001-140967451463_thumb.jpg

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Again, makes no sense. If I don't keep the Sabbath then I have killed someone, slept with my neighbors wife and Stolen something? Hmmmmmmm, guess my neighbor and I should have a long talk about what we are doing with each others wives.

But are you saying that if I gave you a hug it would be immoral?

Being as I am not trying to work my way into heaven I am ok with that. I try to be those things because I think its the right thing to do and they make life better for those that come in contact with me.

Originally Posted By: John317[quote name='ClubV12
Don't listen to the worlds lie Emptycross' date=' following God out of fear is the beginning of wisdom.

If it some other play on words then that is just a silly game. [/quote']

Read Exodus 20 after the Ten Commandments part is ended - and Isaiah 8:12-13 -- then get back to us on that.

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Meh.

If it is true, it is/was/will be true. The contextual cultural clammerings of a small group of people last left standing in the scorched earth are interesting historically, but are not proof of God being *more* present there than he is now, and ever. Asserting truthfulness or remnancy on the basic of clean colons and a penchant for alcoholic vinegar does not make it true.

Quite simply historicity aside, you cannot claim that you know about the state of another person's soul. Any assertion that you think you know this is proof of your narcissisitic self-indulgent need to control something that you fear. Fear drives you, but does not drive others. Wagging your finger and saying tut tut does not a truthsayer make.

Originally Posted By: EmptyCross
I read this thread every day and I am hit with a lot of different feelings.

Respect. I feel this when I read people like Bravus that are not scared to seek truth outside of the walls that are comfortable. You see when you have spent years in a religion - especially one like SDA - it is terrifying. You battle so hard against it...

It is understandable that you as a non-SDA would identify with Bravus leaving the SDA church.

I think we can all see how such a thing could be.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.