ClubAdventist is back!

What does Occupy Wall Street Want?

What does Occupy Wall Street Want?

Lee DeCovnick

What do they want? Here is a list of demands posted on the Occupy Wall Street website. As a humorous exercise you can keep track of how many violations of the Constitution this list encompasses.

Repeal the Taft-Hartley Act. Unionize ALL workers immediately.

Raise the minimum wage immediately to $18/hr. Create a maximum wage of $90/hr to eliminate inequality.

Institute a 6 hour workday, and 6 weeks of paid vacation.

Institute a moratorium on all foreclosures and layoffs immediately.

Repeal racist and xenophobic English-only laws.

Open the borders to all immigrants, legal or illegal. Offer immediate, unconditional amnesty, to all undocumented residents of the US.

Create a single-payer, universal health care system.

Pass stricter campaign finance reform laws. Ban all private donations. All campaigns will receive equal funding, provided by the taxpayers.

Institute a negative income tax, and tax the very rich at rates up to 90%.

Pass far stricter environmental protection and animal rights laws.

Allow workers to elect their supervisors.

Lower the retirement age to 55. Increase Social Security benefits.

Create a 5% annual wealth tax for the very rich.

Ban the private ownership of land.

Make homeschooling illegal. Religious fanatics use it to feed their children propaganda.

Reduce the age of majority to 16.

Abolish the death penalty and life in prison. We call for the immediate release of all death row inmates from death row and transferred to regular prisons.

Release all political prisoners immediately.

Immediate withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Abolish the debt limit.

Ban private gun ownership.

Strengthen the separation of church and state.

Immediate debt forgiveness for all.

End the 'War on Drugs'.

This is the perfect utopia that OWS and it's enablers, such as the AFL-CIO, SEIU, ACORN II, ACLU. CPUSA, MoveOn and Soros's usual collection of commie nut jobs, have planned for the rest of us. They cannot wait to bring these demands into our cities and towns, homes, offices, hospitals and schools.

So, how come the MSM and the leadership of the Democratic Party support these folks? Just asking.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/11/what_does_occupy_wall_street_want.html#ixzz1e4CoEQOk

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Robert

• olger

BONNIE

THANK you for posting this list

it seems like some of their demands are liberal

and some demands are conservative

dgrimm60

Which do you think are conservative?

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

• Moderators

Misleading.

There is an editorial not on top of the OWS website that says.......

This is not an official list of demands. The user "bchang1987" who posted this speaks only for themself, not the movement.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Misleading.

There is an editorial not on top of the OWS website that says.......

This is not an official list of demands. The user "bchang1987" who posted this speaks only for themself, not the movement.

Do you know what it is they want?

Do you know what it is they want?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Occupy Wall Street (OWS) is an ongoing series of demonstrations beginning September 17, 2011, in New York City's Zuccotti Park in the Wall Street financial district. The Canadian activist group Adbusters initiated the protests which has since become a worldwide movement. The protests have focused on social and economic inequality, high unemployment, greed, as well as corruption, and the undue influence of corporations—particularly that of the financial services sector—on government. The protesters' slogan We are the 99% refers to the growing difference in wealth in the U.S. between the wealthiest 1% and the rest of the population.

Bill Whittle: A complete self-righteous nut! Nations fail because the leaders fail to incorporate God in their lives. It's called lip service.

What takes over is corruption & greed. We have arrived!

Their beef should be with Washington.Wall Street operates with the laws passed by Congress/Admin

Quote:
The protests have focused on social and economic inequality, high unemployment, greed, as well as corruption, and the undue influence of corporations—particularly that of the financial services sector—on government

Freedom does not mean equality of outcome.Freedom means you have the right to work just enough to get by or hard enough to improve your economic status. Economic equality means one can work 30 hours a week and another 60 hours a week and they both

are rewarded the same.The last few decades it means you don't have to work at all and you can demand more and more from those

that work hard.

You can stay in a low paying job and demand to be equal to those that work 60-70-hours a week.

Inequality means you can start your own business,risk failure,start again and succeed.Or you can improve your employee position,be the best at your job,take classes,and be willing to go the extra mile.

I started house cleaning for those above me in social and economic status.I did not like the fact the cleaning compnay I worked for was receiving almost half my hourly wage.Their right,they took the risk and put in the long hours to get where their company was at.In a few months I started my own.A short time later I had 4 full time and 5 part time employees.I could have gone far beyond that had I had the desire to do so.Inequality is not what stopped me.Economic equality with my employees would have stopped me.In fact I probably never would have started my own cleaning business

Freedom and inequality of outcomes allowed me to do that.My husband started his own succeesful business for same reasons.Hard work,willing to take risk,a strong work ethic,and not expecting anyone to remove the obstacles in the path and make all equal as we went along usually works for most.

The only equality in outcome we have a right to is our standing and importance to God.

Quote:
the protesters' slogan We are the 99% refers to the growing difference in wealth in the U.S. between the wealthiest 1% and the rest of the population. [/quote']

What right does anyone have to the wealth others create by their hard work and risk taking?

Government cannot create sustainable jobs other than working for the public sector that takes from the private sector to sustain itself.It can improve the employment climate by not getting in the way with needless regulation and taxes

Bill Whittle: A complete self-righteous nut! Nations fail because the leaders fail to incorporate God in their lives. It's called lip service.

What takes over is corruption & greed. We have arrived!

Greed and corruption in one way or another has been with us since time began.

That is no reason to demand the right to take from others.That is inequality at it's worst.The equality that seems to dominate everyone's thinking lately becomes anything but by those demanding it

That is no reason to demand the right to take from others.

But those "others" (the super rich) have got their money thru greed and corruption. They own Washington. Things must change, but I have idea that they will use bad religion to to drug the masses.....

Originally Posted By: bonnie
That is no reason to demand the right to take from others.

But those "others" (the super rich) have got their money thru greed and corruption. They own Washington. Things must change, but I have idea that they will use bad religion to to drug the masses.....

What do you find new about greed and corruption? That exists in every level of society. If the super rich own Washington,place the blame where it belongs.No one can own me unless I allow it and if I do it generally serves my purpose.

That still does not equate freedom with equality.

The principles of Capitalism are opposed to the foundation of God's government build on agape love. Communism doesn't work because mankind is selfish by nature.

Not true,at least in my bible.In heaven where everything will be perfect it says "another will not inhabit what your build"

The parable of the talents does not indicate communism either.

One was given more than another. The one given the least was roundly condemned for his whining and his excuse for his slothfulness.The first two who engaged in capitalism were told"Well done thou good and faithful servant".

The one given the least and with the lesser responsibility was told ""You wicked and lazy servant",His one talent was taken from him and given to the one with the most

• Members

Here's an interesting video which seems to explain what they want, but you have to copy and paste the link. Sorry! Also the comments are very interesting.

http://front.moveon.org/breaking%2Doccupy%2Dprotesters%2Dwalk%2D230%2Dmiles%2Dfrom%2Dnew%2Dyork%2Dto%2Ddc/?id=33071-18066687-AP_90wx

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

That's because our system belongs to "the world" and it is therefore under Lucifer's principle of self-seeking!

The principles of Capitalism are opposed to the foundation of God's government build on agape love. Communism doesn't work because mankind is selfish by nature.

• Moderators

To answer the thread question: They want something for nothing of course.

`g

(that was easy)

One of the demands is that the government forgive student loans.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Originally Posted By: olger
To answer the thread question: They want something for nothing of course.

`g

(that was easy)

One of the demands is that the government forgive student loans.

A little "self seeking" perhaps

• Moderators

But capitalism allows for personal freedom, freedom of expression, religious freedom, etc., whereas communism does not. The reason communism fails is that it does not understand human nature is fallen. By contrast, capitalism has no illusions about human nature.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Originally Posted By: Robert

But capitalism allows for personal freedom, freedom of expression, religious freedom, etc., whereas communism does not. The reason communism fails is that it does not understand human nature is fallen.

To many think that capitalism means equal economic outcome for all,regradless of how little or how productive a person is

• Moderators

Yep. But it doesn't work that way, and never was intended to. Paul was inspired to write, "He who does not work does not eat." (Of course he's talking about those who are able to work.)