What does Occupy Wall Street Want?

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Robert

• olger

If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem.

The solution is "open your eyes" or let God open your eyes. Then you won't call evil, good....

Originally Posted By: bonnie
If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem.

The solution is "open your eyes" or let God open your eyes. Then you won't call evil, good....

Robert said.....

Will you admit that Capitalism is earthly, not of God, and therefore self-seeking? If you admit this I will reply to your question.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Bonnie, you are sidetracking the issue...and that is Capitalism is of this world and therefore it is sin (the opposite of agape). Yes or no?

Of course capitalism is of this world.That isn't a new concept or new astounding knowledge.

After the fall we no longer had the conditions you propose.

How does Robert walk his talk? Or are you just talking the talk and demanding others walk your talk? Everything on this earth is tainted with sin. What is it you suggest and where should we live

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Originally Posted By: olger
Nough said,

This isn't an endorsement of Capitalism. It simply states she isn't idle. So it's not "nough said".

She sold it for more than it cost her. The nerve.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

You do not know who thinks they can buy their way out of their sins.

I know hypocrisy when I see it. When you live like a devil and they play "good" - that's hypocrisy.

Watch the documentary on Walmart - "High Cost Of Low Price"

Laugh it up, oldger....All the Bible writers were sinners...they weren't living Christ's life. There's no endorsement of Capitalism there....

Quote:
I never said that I'm without sin. I too participate in a corrupt system. *I am growing to hate it more and more. That doesn't mean I want to live off others. I just know the system is based in self-seeking and none of this will enter heaven. Therefore Capitalism is of this world and belongs to the kingdoms of this world under it's god, Lucifer.

I didn't accuse you of claiming to be without sin.This is the system we have. Each of us makes the decision on how to use it.God has left us with instruction on how we are to live in this sinful world.Tell me what other system is available and how we are to live? Not you hate this life,after your condemnation of many,how is it you live?

Now it may be that you don't even give anyone the crumbs,I don't know.Maybe you think we should sit under a tree till Christ comes. For me,I believe God expects me to be productive.I believe he expects me to care for my family before I do the neighbors family. I believe he wants me to find enjoyment in the life He has blessed me with.You don't

You are not a man of your word as you refuse to give me specific answers to my questions.Questions based on specific statements and accusations you have made.

I know hypocrisy when I see it. When you live like a devil and they play "good" - that's hypocrisy.

What does Wal-Mart have to do with the way either you or I live our lives.I am fairly certain that I won't be riding the coat tails of Sam Walton into heaven.

But I agree with........I know hypocrisy when I see it. When you live like a devil and they play "good" - that's hypocrisy.

After you have rendered judgments on others,how do you apply your stated beliefs in your own life? Is Wal-Mart stopping you from walking your talk? Not perfectly of course,none of us can.

We all fall,then you get up in the morning and try again.

Let's not go to "working your way to heaven"

That is not what I mean

Originally Posted By: olger

Laugh it up, oldger....All the Bible writers were sinners...they weren't living Christ's life. There's no endorsement of Capitalism there....

So she was a participant of communism? I don't think so.

By the way, what kind of work do you do? I have a roofing & insulating company that I began when I was 24. I started out with nothing and still have most of it. rollingsmile

Tell me what other system is available and how we are to live? Not you hate this life,....

Here's what I said (and I would prefer you not to lie):

"I am growing to hate it"

The context is this system....

What does Wal-Mart have to do with the way either you or I live our lives.

I never equated the two....Wal-mart is the essence of Capitalism - i.e., exploitation.

You do not know who thinks they can buy their way out of their sins.

If you spent as much time working as you do bemoaning productive people you would possibly be a (shudder) Forbes 500 candidate..

So she was a participant of communism?

Never upheld communism....BTW, the Bible teaches Biblical communism, but not at the point of a gun. It came by the Spirit of God to those who had the pure gospel. It didn't last long because Ananias and Sapphira reintroduce Capitalism. ROFL

If you spent as much time working as you do bemoaning productive people you would possibly be a (shudder) Forbes 500 candidate..

Stick your head in the sand and enjoy the cheap prices through exploitation.

1 Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries which are coming upon you. 2 Your riches have rotted and your garments have become moth-eaten. 3 Your gold and your silver have rusted ; and their rust will be a witness against you and will consume your flesh like fire. It is in the last days that you have stored up your treasure ! 4 Behold, the pay of the laborers who mowed your fields, and which has been withheld by you, cries out against you; and the outcry of those who did the harvesting has reached the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth. 5 You have lived luxuriously on the earth and led a life of wanton pleasure ; you have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter

Why did Ahab try to "buy" Naboth's vineyard then? Mmmhmm.

So A&S were killed for their capitalism? :)

Ananias & Sapphira introduced deceit, friend. "Lied to the Holy Spirit.."

"Peter "was it not yours to do with as you pleased..?" Free market.

Summary:

free market good.

generosity good.

charity good.

deceit bad.

ps. envy bad

rejoice always,

g

Of course capitalism is of this world.

Thank you! Now that was too hard, was it?

Said that quite some time back.I am still asking you to honor your word.

Can you answer the questions you said you would.

Do you honestly believe that everyone believes there were bankers/business/contractors in heaven or in Eden except you?

What other nonsense.

Now that fact should be clear,tell me what post fall world you live in that allows you to live without capitalism?

More importantly than that,tell me how you apply the principals you demand others live by.

The behavior of others does not prevent you from doing much of what you demand? Are you giving crumbs or keeping crumbs?

If you ever have an opportunity to help another,I certainly hope you don't fall into that sin trap and take any enjoyment in that.Begrudge,condemn,give crumbs and keep the rest for yourself.

As long as there are the Sam Waltons of the world I am sure the Lord will overlook your own personal lack.

The behavior of others does not prevent you from doing much of what you demand?

You're massively confused, Bonnie. It is not I who demand it - rather it is the law! "You shall love your neighbor as yourself"

What does Wal-Mart have to do with the way either you or I live our lives.

I never equated the two....Wal-mart is the essence of Capitalism - i.e., exploitation.

So???

That has nothing to do with this,except to try to shift focus to the other guy.

How do you apply your beliefs to your personal life? Not whether Wal-Mart exploits anyone.

Robert,do you give or keep the crumbs?

Ananias & Sapphira introduced deceit, friend.

Keep in mind all believers had everything in common.

1 Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property.

Okay, what prompted believers to sell?

"There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles' feet..."

Now back to the Capitalist:

2 With his wife's full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles' feet. 3 Then Peter said, "Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn't it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn't the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied to men but to God." 5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died.

Yes, it was deceit....He wanted to look good (self-righteous) acting like he gave all the money from the sale. It's still based on gain.....

Pay up Robert.

A deal is a deal!

Does you Capitalism have self-love in it...or do you love your neighbor as yourself? If you love your neighbor, as you love yourself, give youf neighbor your goods.

You're massively confused, Bonnie. It is not I who demand it - rather it is the law! "You shall love your neighbor as yourself"

Sorry,I would rather be honestly massively confused than excuse my behavior by selective reasoning.

Do you Robert, love your neighbor as yourself.Yes or no.Don't shift it back to me.

Selective reasoning tells me,Those that don't work,don't eat.Period,God said so. Then there is the rest of the pesky biblical instruction that puts that in perspective.God instituted the marriage institution,my spouse comes before the spouse of another.Robert says no.Tough you lose.

You are not in a position to place God's demands on me nor I you.

Just simple questions for you.

My dad always told us,Do not be duped by the fanatical conservative that expects to slide into heaven on his vegeburger,And to avoid like the plague being influenced by the "Professed christian liberal that can't lose his salvation no matter how hard he tries.