• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Robert

• olger

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
"4 Didn't it belong to you before it was sold?"
If they held everything in common, why would Peter say that the land belonged to them (A&S)? Wouldn't he have said "the land belonged to ALL of US."

??

onward and UPward.

g

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Originally Posted By: bonnie
How do you apply your beliefs to your personal life?

I make it an effort, through the HS, not to exploit.

Not true if you compete.Do you? Not true if you do not give your best efforts to your employer.Not true if you give the crumbs and keep the rest.You have a job,you don't seem to be living under a bridge,by your greed how many are you exploiting and depriving?

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Quote:
"Professed christian liberal that can't lose his salvation no matter how hard he tries.

I very much like "Dad's" awesome quote!!!

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Do you Robert, love your neighbor as yourself.Yes or no.Don't shift it back to me.

Partially....

Partially? God didn't say one word about partially. If married do you love the neighbors wife as you do your own? God does.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Not true if you compete. Do you?

My aim is not to compete, but the business I work compete. Hence by implication I can compete....

Sorry,that doesn't work. When the job you are holding was open for employment,were you the only one capable and qualified for that job?Who ended up losing out because of you? Not by implication but you competed against someone

Partially? God didn't say one word about partially.

Right, his law requires that you be perfect, just as your heavenly father is perfect.

Why I speak out on Capitalism is because the extreme right acts like this system is righteous. They are deceived.

Partially? God didn't say one word about partially.

Right, his law requires that you be perfect, just as your heavenly father is perfect.

Why I speak out on Capitalism is because the extreme right acts like this system is righteous. They are deceived.

Bull feathers. Capitalism is what we have as the best system in a sinful world. Like most things we have free choice to make of it what we will.

Why I speak out on Capitalism is because the extreme right acts like this system is righteous. They are deceived.You are the one that places righteous and capitalism in the same camp.

Those that take a extreme fanatical position on anything to condemn others while exempting their own behavior are guilty of far more than being deceived.

Answer please,God loves the spouse of each one of us,equally and without reservation.Does God tell me to love my neighbors spouse as I do mine? Simple question. Maybe you can manage an answer

I think you "speak out" on capitalism because you've been brain washed. But I could be wrong. :)

I think Robert is one that loves to use the law against others.

Read is remarks concerning the law. He is exempt from the behavior he demands on God's behalf from others.

If you are among those that believe the ten commandments actually mean something for us today,then you must be perfect.

Capitalism is what we have as the best system in a sinful world.

It works, to a degree, because it too is sinful. It's based on selfishness. You've already agreed to this. So I need not go on.

Capitalism is what we have as the best system in a sinful world.

It works, to a degree, because it too is sinful. It's based on selfishness. You've already agreed to this. So I need not go on.

Those that abuse capitalism is what makes capitalism sinful,not the act itself. What other system would you like to see in the world we live in?

Quote:

You seem to be totally obsessed with the selfishness of others.Yet refuse to address your own.

I spent the morning at the church that distributes food,clothing

and quietly checks the status that may be having trouble with heating bills.I had some time to kill while waiting to speak to one of the volunteers so sat and watched for an hour.

Trying to reconcile your harsh condemnation you say is from God.I believe it to be a perversion of what God means.

The first sin I saw was a group of very happy smiling volunteers,obviously feeling happy over what they were able to provide.Remember,you said this was looking for a reward. This whole project has to require a great deal of time and energy. Giving as been described by you as "giving the crumbs" .It must be so as I am sure that the volunteers had more at home.The crumbs kept coming in both by single families and businesses.Everyone must have been really self-seeking a personal reward as that was a very happy group of volunteers I was watching.I didn't quite feel it my place to ask if they were working their way to heaven.

Looking around,every single thing,from the floor to ceiling in that church was made possible by capitalism and the "crumbs".The food being distributed,the clothing being given away,the transportation that brought them there,the cell phones most had,the toys in the play area where volunteers watch the children,the books they read to them.

But according to what you have said so far one of the worst sins I witnessed was partiality. I have some new, very nice childrens clothing to give away (crumbs to you).Because it is somewhat limited I wanted to make sure it would go where it would do the most good.Imagine the evil of the volunteer that asked I bring it to the one in charge of that,so it could be divided up between a couple of families that are really in dire straights.She compounded this evil by getting very excited about the children having something new and pretty.Then the real kicker was she did not want it to be available to a couple of women that come in,take all the nice and resell at flea markets.

You do a superb job at playing dodge ball.Watching these extremely happy,materialistic ,self seeking,self centered,self righteous capitalists enjoying putting their talents/crumbs to work,not grousing about Wal-Mart or Bill Gates,making their own little corner of the world better made me wonder. I should mention I even heard a comment or two about the ten commandments so they think that has some bearing on their lives.

You have made reference in the past to being under grace,not the law.How has that been working out in your life?

How do the "crumbs" in your life compare to these happy self seeking capitalists. Have you distributed as many crumbs as these selfish people today,this past week,past month?

If you did how did you accomplish that without taking an active part in what you condemn others for?

Those that abuse capitalism is what makes capitalism sinful,not the act itself.

No, if you participate in Capitalism you are participating in sin.

The essence of all sin is self-seeking. Agape seeks not it's own, but another's wealth. Our system is built on Lucifer's love of self.

Those that abuse capitalism is what makes capitalism sinful,not the act itself.

No, if you participate in Capitalism you are participating in sin.

The essence of all sin is self-seeking. Agape seeks not it's own, but another's wealth. Our system is built on Lucifer's love of self.

I think it is time for you to stop.You are the one insisting

on others living in a world that does not exist.

More telling than anything is what you have refused to say. No one can avoid capitalism to one degree or another,but except for your barest existence you can stop being so self -seeking and show a little more "agape"

You can set the example instead of waiting till you see others do it? All things in common,go for it. Start your own little group and show the world God's way.Plenty that moan and whine about the other guy,you should not have any problem forming a group.A one or two room apt in a bad part of town should leave you with quite a bit to give to others. I am quite sure you could reduce your wardrobe and clothe some street people.Bet you could walk many places you drive to. Walk and give the gas expense to others as a refusal to be so self -seeking.Vacations are not "agape",ever taken any?

Marriage to one spouse means you are playing favorites,God doesn't.Ever do that or think you might?

You need to get rid of cable and the TV of course.You don't need that and someone else could benefit from stopping your blatant self seeking.I certainly hope you were not selfish enough to go to college.Do you have more than to cover basic necessities in your checking account? SIN Robert.Have a savings account,retirement account SIN

As is typical you cannot respond with anything but what you claim is God's demand of that "other guy"

What has living under grace done for you? Not as in perfect but as in that should promote/inspire/help create something.Not the old self-seeking Robert(general).

If you truly believed you could make a sizable impact on your own little corner of the world.Have you chosen to do so?