ClubAdventist is back!

What does Occupy Wall Street Want?

All of them are liars...including Obama. However, the Repubs are worse because they play the religion card.

The "religion" card of the dems is far worse to me.

I don't want my kids being taught how great it is that Heather has two mommy's. Nor that there is something special or negative about the color of anyone's skin.

I don't want them being indoctrinated with the idea that a gay lifestyle is simply another reasonable choice.

I don't want my granddaughters being taken for an abortion and letting them know it is alright not to tell their parents.I don't want a village raising any child of mine.

The public schools should teach academics and keep children safe in their care.

I want my child to treat any skin color,the child of two mommy's,those that have physical disabilities,those that "talk funny" with consideration and respect.Period,no more, no less and the parents are responsible for the rest.When they infringe on my rights to influence those type of choices it isn't any different than for me to want the public schools to teach other children my beliefs.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Robert

• olger

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Robert

I know you are failing to keep the law as Christ did. Now what?

Shame on you Richard,how could you fail to keep the law as Christ did? But then if you could you wouldn't need Him would you. Total shock to find out you are not as Christ

I like what I'm hearing, Bonnie.

Originally Posted By: Robert
All of them are liars...including Obama. However, the Repubs are worse because they play the religion card.

Gospel according to Robert.Sorry that isn't in my bible

Gospel according to Robert. Exactly.

Shame on you Richard,how could you fail to keep the law as Christ did? But then if you could you wouldn't need Him would you. Total shock to find out you are not as Christ

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Robert's religion leaves the sinner in the sinful squalor and mess of sin, and celebrates it!

The religion that I believe and love, lifts the sinner up out of the mess, and gives him the power to walk uprightly. The power to actually change.

Therein lies the proof that it's real. It has the power to actually change a man.

Do you?Then I hope you can hear this.

No one can be as Christ. Not even His self appointed hammer man.

No one can love all equally in the same manner as Christ,again if we could He is not necessary.

My first duty and obligation is to my spouse and my children.

Otherwise God would not have instituted marriage and what it means.God entrusted me,not the village with four children.

Capitalism does not mean righteousness.No one but you have made that a claim for others.

Capitalism is not sin.The abuse of it is.Just as surely as those that pick a few pages from scripture,ignore the rest as a pesky inconvenience,condemn those that don't do the same and think they are really proving the "Love of God"

Capitalism in one way or another was necessary after the fall.

That is not what God condemned.

In the process of trying to help someone that needed help badly I am thankful for so many I found that were ready and willing to lend a hand.I am also thankful that I did not run into a fellow believer as Robert.

I will let those like yourself,pick apart,check their motives and find them wanting because they are not as Christ.

I am well aware that not one act can move a person one inch closer to salavation.I know that there are those that will not perform any act because they don't have to,they are under grace.I know there are those that while not performing any acts of kindness because they don't want to work their way to heaven,will make every attempt to work their way crawling all over those "wretched sinners" that are performing those useless acts,inching their way ever upward under the umbrella of grace.

Your umbrella has more than a few leaks you need to take care of before you try to repair the umbrella of others

Just to answer a question you posed in another thread.It probably should be left here.

No capitalism will not be in heaven.

Neither will your car,computer,TV,or anything you own.Maybe it is time to dump all of that and go sit under a tree till the Lord comes.maybe some evil capitalist will throw you a warm coat and give you a sandwich

Originally Posted By: bonnie
No capitalism will not be in heaven.

Why?

For the same reason your car,computer,your job,TV and any other items "you sinfully" enjoy.

Women will not be bearing children,parents will not be working to provide for and educate there children.

You can't seem to tell the difference between living on this earth and being in heaven.

If you expect to live the life here that you will live in heaven let me know when you find it.

When you can learn to love all here as Christ loves all let me know.

Till then you keep making these completely foolish arguments. No where has God said I can live a righteous life here.I believe that is your cop out for the path you have taken.

I know I can't and you are not presenting anything new.You are only putting a not so accurate twist and declaring it right.

Your sniffing for sin in every action anyone takes to help another,to enjoy life,care for your family to me says volumnes.Your enjoyment and fulfillment in this life of any kind is pretending to present something you call the gospel,while saying Ha ha,you aren't perfect

Your convenient cherry picking and the reasons for I think are quite obvious

We have a life to live here. Contrary to what Robert says

God wants a happy people,He wants those that give to do cheerfully.He wants you to "cleave" to one spouse.He wants you to provide for your children first.

Your peace so called in your theology is yelling sinner at everyone,while excusing yourself for being a sinner.

You claim to so want to find a church that lives as "all things in common" I don't believe you.It is within your capabilities to gather those that believe the same as you and produce that church. Personally I think you believe it sounds righteous but are much to selfish to actually act on it.

You want everyone else to love all equally.Then get busy.The bible says you are to be content with food and clothing,dunp all your unnecessary items and luxuries or you are a fraud.

I would be the last to deprive you of the "righteous satisfaction" you obviously gain in being Gods right hand hammer man. Go for it.As long as you and those like you are or were not able to influence mine at a vulnerable age your life as you want to live it is yours.

You go right ahead and demean anyone and everyone that does not rabidly condemn those doing far more than you,sometimes people are happy or they think in their self made misery.

What a absolutely miserable life it muct be to live it that way.

I will answer to God for my motives.I will not and do not have to answer to you as to my motives.I don't care about your motives as long as you don't demand I have the same.

Go find your rock for a pilliow,sit under a tree and wait for Christ to come.Contemplate the sins of everyone else going about doing what they can .Congratulating yourself you are not like those miserable people

You have fun now. I really don't want to deprive or interrupt your mission.

Originally Posted By: bonnie
You cannot live in this world without competing to one degree or another.

Then you can't help but sin, right?

I don't like to dig up an old bone (of contention) but that last question is absolutely correct. That's the very reason why Jesus asks to be invited into our lives. At the risk of being charged with picking and choosing the Scriptures selectively, I'd like to suggest these few hold the secret of living without the practice of sin.

"“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing."John 15:5 NKJV

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."Philippians 4:13 NKJV

"For the LORD God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The LORD will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right."Psalm 84:11 NLT

OTOH, if one chooses not to believe these pearls of accomplishment, one would have to find their hope somewhere other than the Word. And for me that would be having no hope at all.

"But he who doubts is condemned....for whatever is not from faith is sin."Romans 14:23 NKJV

I realize that in context, that last is talking about what one eats. I see no reason why the principle would not apply to everything we do.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
What God's law commands us to do is to take that natural love of self and instead redirect it to our neighbors. Hence our motive and works will be to live for their wealth and happiness. In return others will live for you and hence you will be wealthy. Capitalism is the opposite of agape love.

So the opposite of "self-love" is not "self-hate", but rather it is selflessness.

_

:like:

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
" It's called a plutocracy!"

Anyone who cannot see that is the case in the world that we live in, will be blindsided somewhere in their future. That does not mean that every one who is wealthy practices that philosophy or misuses the means God has put into their hand.

One of our faults as human beings is that when we are poor, we sometimes consider it to be a virtue. That seems obvious by the practice in certain religious circles that making a vow of poverty, somehow makes us more righteous. That conclusion flies in the face of this Word.

"Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers."3 John 1:2 NASB

OTOH, as to the reality of mankind in general;

Plutocracy: 1. government by the wealthy.

Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary

"The idea that one man’s mind and judgment can mold and direct important interests, and that he can be regarded as a voice for the people, is a great evil, and has, and still continues to endanger the one who is placed in a position of responsibility, and those also who cooperate with him. God has not given to any one man all the wisdom, and wisdom will not die with him. Those placed in positions of trust should modestly regard the opinions of others as worthy of respect and likely to be as correct as their own. They should remember that God has made other men just as valuable as they are, and that God is willing to teach and guide these men."Christian Leadership, Page 37 —Manuscript 55, 1897 (June 3, 1897, Development of Workers)

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

I don't like to dig up an old bone (of contention) but that last question is absolutely correct. That's the very reason why Jesus asks to be invited into our lives. At the risk of being charged with picking and choosing the Scriptures selectively, I'd like to suggest these few hold the secret of living without the practice of sin.

What God's law commands us to do is to take that natural love of self and instead redirect it to our neighbors. Hence our motive and works will be to live for their wealth and happiness. In return others will live for you and hence you will be wealthy. Capitalism is the opposite of agape love.

So the opposite of "self-love" is not "self-hate", but rather it is selflessness.

_

:like:

take that natural love of self and instead redirect it to our neighbors. Hence our motive and works will be to live for their wealth and happiness.

Are your motives and works directed to your neighbors first or equally with that of your spouse?Personally,learning what all goes into situations that we are both in,I would not want you taking equal care of my husband with your spouse. Then both get shortchanged.We cannot offer comfort and care to all simultaneously and equally.Robert says we can as there should not be any favoritism.God does not play favorites

Caring for your family first is self-seeking and a sin according to Robert.God doesn't do that.If you have children did you see to the needs of all children surrounding you equally with your own?

Did you work in such a way as to do the barest minimum for you

and your family to exist? Did you take all but necessary food and clothing and distribute it among your neighborhood. Robert has claimed the bible says you should.

It's called a plutocracy!"

Anyone who cannot see that is the case in the world that we live in, will be blindsided somewhere in their future. That does not mean that every one who is wealthy practices that philosophy or misuses the means God has put into their hand.

One of our faults as human beings is that when we are poor, we sometimes consider it to be a virtue. That seems obvious by the practice in certain religious circles that making a vow of poverty, somehow makes us more righteous. That conclusion flies in the face of this Word.

Is there something about, Works will not get you to heaven that is unclear to either you or Robert?

Or that Yes,the abuse of capitalism is a sin?

Where is it written you should not do the best you can with the talents God gave you? Doing that can often lead to the success you and Robert seem to be against?

Are you sinning in the priority care of your spouse?Robert says you are. God loves every other spouse as He does yours,so should you.Specifically he avoids answering that and keeps coming back with scripture showing the impartiality of God.

If you think capitalism itself is a sin,remember every material thing you have ever owned is because of capitalism.Everything that goes into offering even the smallest comfort to your spouse is because of that.

Some actually think it their place to determine how much of their own labors they should keep. That is between God and themselves. Maybe I think you are keeping a bit to much.Based on what Robert claims God demands of others,I am certain he is.

Not my place tho to determine that is it

Caring for your family first is self-seeking and a sin .....

Luke 6:33 Even 'sinners' love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

The purchase and use of tobacco is a deliberate personal choice.

If I manufacture a product that takes your choice away because it is addictive I am running over your rights and should placed in jail and my business closed.

However, since money is king in our Capitalistic system, I can simply send one of my many lobbyist to Washington so I can keep pushing my drug. That's how it works.

BTW, because it is addictive, look how many folks die yearly:

* Around 5.4 million deaths a year are caused by tobacco.

* Smoking is set to kill 6.5 million people in 2015 and 8.3 million humans in 2030, with the biggest rise in low-and middle-income countries.

If I manufacture a product that takes your choice away because it is addictive I am running over your rights and should placed in jail and my business closed.

Luke 6:33 Even 'sinners' love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Sorry Robert,don't mean to be rude but the comments and questions were not put to you for the opportunity to replay the same verses time after time.

You have refused to answer any direct questions as to how the verses you quote relate and play out in your own life.

LHC has commented on some of the same thoughts.Now I am interested in how he applies them to his daily life or if he does.I already have a opinion and some information on how it impacts your daily life.

* Around 5.4 million deaths a year are caused by tobacco.

* Smoking is set to kill 6.5 million people in 2015 and 8.3 million humans in 2030, with the biggest rise in low-and middle-income countries.

Where is your rant concerning this

From Wikipedia

The World Health Organization estimates that there are 140 million people with alcoholism worldwide.[4][5]

Alcoholism is called a "dual disease" since it includes both mental and physical components.[6] The biological mechanisms that cause alcoholism are not well understood. Social environment, stress,[7] mental health, family history, age, ethnic group, and gender all influence the risk for the condition.[8][9] Long-term alcohol abuse produces changes in the brain's structure and chemistry such as tolerance and physical dependence. These changes maintain the person with alcoholism's compulsive inability to stop drinking and result in alcohol withdrawal syndrome if the person stops.[10] Alcohol damages almost every organ in the body, including the brain. The cumulative toxic effects of chronic alcohol abuse can cause both medical and psychiatric problems.[11]