ClubAdventist is back!

What does Occupy Wall Street Want?

Quote:
"every material thing you have ever owned is because of capitalism."

Capitalism will eventually die. Whatever wealth I have is a result of God's grace, not because I played capitalism correctly.

God's grace lives on in the kingdom of heaven.

"“Ho! Everyone who thirsts, Come to the waters; And you who have no money, Come, buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk Without money and without price." Isaiah 55:2 NKJV

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Robert

• olger

Quote:
"LHC has commented on some of the same thoughts.Now I am interested in how he applies them to his daily life or if he does.I already have a opinion and some information on how it impacts your daily life."

Not to be rude, but I generally don't bother to go back over my posts to answer questions that refer to something I can't remember saying. And I would like to suggest, this perhaps being only my perception, you aren't really of a mind to accept anything you haven't already determined to be true. Which is your divine right of choice.

If you do have a question about some particular point that my clarifying it might be helpful to your assessment, I'd be more than happy to accommodate.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
"every material thing you have ever owned is because of capitalism."

Capitalism will eventually die. Whatever wealth I have is a result of God's grace, not because I played capitalism correctly.

God's grace lives on in the kingdom of heaven.

"“Ho! Everyone who thirsts, Come to the waters; And you who have no money, Come, buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk Without money and without price." Isaiah 55:2 NKJV

God blesses! peace

Of course it will.No one has said anything differently

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Not to be rude, but I generally don't bother to go back over my posts to answer questions that refer to something I can't remember saying. And I would like to suggest, this perhaps being only my perception, you aren't really of a mind to accept anything you haven't already determined to be true. Which is your divine right of choice.

If you do have a question about some particular point that my clarifying it might be helpful to your assessment, I'd be more than happy to accommodate.

Two posts up are a few specific questions.Whether it changes my mind or not really isn't the issue. No one has to live their life as I understand bible verses..

Clarifying your position would be nice

Not to be rude but I don't need to accept how you apply anything to your daily life,just as you do not need to accept that from me.

You have generally made statements in the form of quoting bible verses.I simply asked what that means to you in your daily life.

Two posts up.....

Robert has consistently said we must love all equally and impartially as God does.

Do you love all men and women as your spouse?If you put her needs above that of others are you sinning?

My husband has some special needs at this time in his life after suffering numerous strokes.Do his needs come before the neighbors in my life? His needs do not come before the neighbors with God.

If you have an opportunity to do a act of kindness for someone,you feel good/happy about being able to do so,are you sinning as you are self seeking the reward of personal happiness?

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Thank you for answering Bonnie. I'm sorry to have to put off my answer for a later time, but this decision might even answer one of your questions. I'm putting you off because my wife is making preparation to go to town for some needs.

In my estimation that shows I love her more than I love you. And my love is faulty even at it's best. And BTW, whether you or I have made the right choice, God's (Jesus') love remains without peer, so we can be assured if we are unable to live in a manner that draws other's love to us, we can be assured God's love never diminishes for us.

If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.2 Timothy 2:13 NKJV

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Let me see if I can make this more clear. There isn't any demand that you convince me or that you agree with me.No gotcha ,see you don't believe what you say.Simply how does what you have expressed here and I assuming is what you believe, apply to your daily life. Something beyond "I Believe".That it means something in your daily life.I don't care to know specific acts of care you give your wife,the dollar amount you give to help others or the hours you put out.No one's business.

I have an acquaintance with an almost unbelievable head knowledge of scripture.He has no problem claiming that he is an atheist and sees the bible as the greatest work of historical fiction ever written. If I were to ask him where something is found and the wording,he could tell me without hesitation. He can relay biblical battles down to the last foot soldier.If I were to ask him how something applied to his daily life I would get a blank look and a laugh.

I have a son with a similar knowledge and ability. Can tell me where to find any verse I might ask him about.

My son is not an atheist. If I were to ask him how to apply a given text to my life,he would tell me he couldn't make those decisions for me.If I were to ask him how he feels a given text applies to his daily life he would give me an answer without hesitation.He would not quote another verse as an answer,he would not tell me all are wretched sinners and walk away.It is real to him,it means something to his daily life.

Quote:
"If you do have a question about some particular point that my clarifying it might be helpful to your assessment, I'd be more than happy to accommodate. "

After reading over the last few posts of discourse with you, and knowing you prefer something different from me than scripture texts as answers (which I find containing a lot more wisdom than my opinions) I've concluded the following statement is about all the spiritual energy I have in answer to your request for clarification.

"Live and let live."

I think I got this wisdom from my father, although he was a person who stated many times, "Get up!! Your not hurt!", when he could clearly see from my tears and the bloody scrape on my knee I obviously was.

So, take that from a past generation and if it doesn't suit the situation, whatever.

God blesses!

Lift Jesus up!!

After reading over the last few posts of discourse with you, and knowing you prefer something different from me than scripture texts as answers (which I find containing a lot more wisdom than my opinions) I've concluded the following statement is about all the spiritual energy I have in answer to your request for clarification.

"Live and let live."

I think I got this wisdom from my father, although he was a person who stated many times, "Get up!! Your not hurt!", when he could clearly see from my tears and the bloody scrape on my knee I obviously was.

So, take that from a past generation and if it doesn't suit the situation, whatever.

I didn't ask for a opinion on what any scripture meant.

I simply asked what certain "verses" said to you about yur daily life.

I will take that as a inability to know how it applies in your life

Thanks

Quote:
I will take that as a inability to know how it applies in your life Thanks

Whatever.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!