ClubAdventist is back!

Is The Holy Spirit Being Withdrawn?

Gibs

I find the fact that man has become so wicked and blastphemous against God that in that alone is a withdrawl as there is getting so few His Spirit is in to the ones that have put Him out is letting the world into Satan's hands.

The Lord is withdrawing His restraining hand and calamities are multipling rapidly and man has nothing but the spirit of war and bloodshed and righteousness is all but completely gone in the court systems of the world. We are at the time where there is no justice but plenty of the rich robbing the poor.

I believe His Spirit is being poured out in a last call and it must surely be about to end for the churches. The house of God is judged first and the call a little longer to those outside to save the last soul that can be saved.

I am sure we are close to the consummation, some years left yet and they will be draggy as they will be rough, bad years.

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

A Freeman In Jesus Christ

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BibleOnly

• Twilight II

• ClubV12

• Q.E.D.

IS the Holy Spirit being withdrawn and what is causing it?

Will a form of Christianity be continued by those it has been withdrawn from?

What must we do that His Spirit is not withdrawn from us?

Just a voicing what you see on this as some believe it is being withdrawn and some may feel we are getting the latter rain, what do you see?

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

2Ti 2:13 If we believe not, [yet] he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Hbr 13:5 [Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

The Holy Spirit never leaves, even if someone backslides ( although they become unsaved, 'He cannot deny Himself' ). I guess the bigger question is, how do you know if you have the Holy Spirit in the first place ?

But enough of the law, we have preached it until we are as dry as the hills of Gilboa. More of Jesus, more of His righteousness, more His love then the law will take care of itself.

The context of this is using the Law as a means to righteousness.

But the Law is fundamental to us as Adventists.

Without the Law we can NEVER overcome.

I guess the bigger question is, how do you know if you have the Holy Spirit in the first place ?

You know, by faith, if you have claimed the Holy Spirit in the correct manner.

I just paraphrased what Sister White had to say about the law. This was a referrence to righteouness by faith.

"Let the law take care of itself. We have been at work on the law until we get as dry as the hills of Gilboa, without dew or rain. Let us trust in the merits of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. May God help us that our eyes may be anointed with eyesalve, that we may see. God helping us, we will draw nigh to Him, and He says he will draw nigh to us. Do we believe? Will we come in God’s appointed way? May the Lord help us and enlighten us, that we may go forth from this place as they went forth to proclaim the truth after the day of Pentecost; and there were souls converted; they could not resist the testimony."

Sermons and Talks, Volume 1, pg 137

We DO need to keep the law, as David kept it, from a heart of love, or it has no value. "Oh how I love thy law". The only way it can happen is by beholding the love and beauty of the Lord, otherwise the law serves only to condem us.

I just paraphrased what Sister White had to say about the law. This was a referrence to righteouness by faith.

"Let the law take care of itself. We have been at work on the law until we get as dry as the hills of Gilboa, without dew or rain. Let us trust in the merits of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. May God help us that our eyes may be anointed with eyesalve, that we may see. God helping us, we will draw nigh to Him, and He says he will draw nigh to us. Do we believe? Will we come in God’s appointed way? May the Lord help us and enlighten us, that we may go forth from this place as they went forth to proclaim the truth after the day of Pentecost; and there were souls converted; they could not resist the testimony."

Sermons and Talks, Volume 1, pg 137

We DO need to keep the law, as David kept it, from a heart of love, or it has no value. "Oh how I love thy law". The only way it can happen is by beholding the love and beauty of the Lord, otherwise the law serves only to condem us.

Indeed.

The Law for the Pharisee is external.

The Law for the Born Again believer is internal, written on the heart by the indwelling Holy Spirit.

It is that Law, written on our hearts, by the Holy Spirit, that forms our new character.

What I have been finding lately is in relation to the law I need to step out in faith, with some determination that I'm going to "try this" new thing I've learned about. As I begin to actually LIVE it, it soon becomes apparent, "Hey, thats a good idea, it makes sense, I actually feel better." Wow, I wonder what else is in the law that is a blessing I missed? This is good stuff! :)

An example:

Someone said I should try soy milk, so I bought a half gallon. It wasn't bad, so I bought another. And then I got to thinking, there is counsel about milk and dairy products so I researched it. Decided to step out in faith, not really sure if "now" was the time or not, not really "why" exactly. Just decided to stop using milk for awhile. I was a BIG milk drinker, two gallons a week. Raised on a dairy, milk was everything to me, so it wasn't easy, I'd been drinking tons of it since I was little. Come to find out, THAT was why I had such a severe sinusitus problem! I haven't been able to breath through my nose since I was little. That cleared up, it's amazing! I feel SO much better! That was a great "law". I stopped drinking coffee, similiar results. Sleeping better, more energy, just all around improvement. Wow, I thought, what else? Stopped going to fast food joints, eating more vegetables and fruits. Actually bought my first can of fake meat. Whoa, this just keeps getting better! What else have I been missing out on? Man I am ALL OVER reform now, this is "good stuff", on a physical, mental and spiritual plane. Paul said gurd up the lions of thy mind. So I stopped watching those violent TV shows, and then those sexy TV shows, and now theres hardly anything on TV I feel comfortable watching at all.

I tell ya, it really IS happening, Oh, how I LOVE thy law!

PS, I'm extremely hard of hearing, wear two aids, max volume. Even my hearing has improved!!! Go figure, that one leaves me baffled. Maybe it's related to clear sinuses? Better overall blood circulation? Less noisy TV? I don't expect any miracles and will always wear hearing aids, but I'm tellin' ya, there IS an improvement! Go figure, is God great or what? :)

What then is the cause of the world going so wickedly now?

:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Is the world worse now than it ever has been? Or is it just that we have more media to tell us all the horrible things that people are doing?

What I have been finding lately is in relation to the law I need to step out in faith, with some determination that I'm going to "try this" new thing I've learned about. As I begin to actually LIVE it, it soon becomes apparent, "Hey, thats a good idea, it makes sense, I actually feel better." Wow, I wonder what else is in the law that is a blessing I missed? This is good stuff! :)

An example:

Someone said I should try soy milk, so I bought a half gallon. It wasn't bad, so I bought another. And then I got to thinking, there is counsel about milk and dairy products so I researched it. Decided to step out in faith, not really sure if "now" was the time or not, not really "why" exactly. Just decided to stop using milk for awhile. I was a BIG milk drinker, two gallons a week. Raised on a dairy, milk was everything to me, so it wasn't easy, I'd been drinking tons of it since I was little. Come to find out, THAT was why I had such a severe sinusitus problem! I haven't been able to breath through my nose since I was little. That cleared up, it's amazing! I feel SO much better! That was a great "law". I stopped drinking coffee, similiar results. Sleeping better, more energy, just all around improvement. Wow, I thought, what else? Stopped going to fast food joints, eating more vegetables and fruits. Actually bought my first can of fake meat. Whoa, this just keeps getting better! What else have I been missing out on? Man I am ALL OVER reform now, this is "good stuff", on a physical, mental and spiritual plane. Paul said gurd up the lions of thy mind. So I stopped watching those violent TV shows, and then those sexy TV shows, and now theres hardly anything on TV I feel comfortable watching at all.

I tell ya, it really IS happening, Oh, how I LOVE thy law!

PS, I'm extremely hard of hearing, wear two aids, max volume. Even my hearing has improved!!! Go figure, that one leaves me baffled. Maybe it's related to clear sinuses? Better overall blood circulation? Less noisy TV? I don't expect any miracles and will always wear hearing aids, but I'm tellin' ya, there IS an improvement! Go figure, is God great or what? :)

The writing of Gods Law on our hearts follows a very simple principle:

1. Confess the specific sin in our heart.

2. God removes it.

3. Claim the promise that God will write His Law on our heart, that is in opposition to our sin.

4. Claim the promise based on the merits of Jesus' sacrifice.

5. God writes His Law on our hearts by supernatural means.

6. Now our "operating system" has been changed and we have a new "character".

Gods Law written on the heart, by the Holy Spirit, changes our character.

We cannot write that Law there, only the Holy Spirit can.

This is why reform is little more than Phariseeism, without the Holy Spirit doing the reforming.

The world now is on a par as in the days of Noe. Here is where we are at,

Lu 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

We are now at that day, just look around.

I like "the yardstick of oneness" yes in Him and Him only but not a particle with the world.

Golly yes all roads lead to Rome as all rivers lead to the ocean but I want to say few be there that find that little narrow and strait gate that going through scraps off all the worldly baggage and then that path that leads up is also strait and narrow.

Warning, it is the few that are finding the way to walk in.

Mt 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Lu 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

From all appearances, man's rebellion and the calamities it looks grim that He is withdrawing His spirit from the great majority and for sure He protects and keeps His own.

Originally Posted By: BibleOnly
I guess the bigger question is, how do you know if you have the Holy Spirit in the first place ?

What is the correct manner then ?

If the Holy Spirit is being withdrawn - we don't need it anyways. For God will supply ALL of our needs. You can go to the bank on that.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: Twilight II

Based on the Merits of Jesus' Blood alone.

When we present the blood of Christ to God, and ask for the promised gift of the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit in our hearts, it is granted to us.

It is the blood of Christ that pays for the gift of the Holy Spirit.

God gives the Indwelling of His Spirit to broken people.

Because they know the basis upon which to ask for it.

Not because of anything they have done.

But because of what Jesus has done.

Originally Posted By: BibleOnly

When we present the blood of Christ to God, and ask for the promised gift of the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit in our hearts, it is granted to us.

OK. So, anyone who asks for Jesus to give them the Holy Spirit, will receive ? There's no evidence of the Spirit, nor is there anything one must do beyond ask, understanding who we are asking and why ? In that case, do you think God can take the Spirit away ? If so, and if we don't know by any evidence that we have the Spirit, how can we tell it was taken away ? If we can't tell it was given, and can't tell it was taken away, of what use is it ?

OK. So, anyone who asks for Jesus to give them the Holy Spirit, will receive ? There's no evidence of the Spirit, nor is there anything one must do beyond ask, understanding who we are asking and why ? In that case, do you think God can take the Spirit away ? If so, and if we don't know by any evidence that we have the Spirit, how can we tell it was taken away ? If we can't tell it was given, and can't tell it was taken away, of what use is it ?

We present the merits of Christ in Faith.

We receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in Faith.

The evidence will be in a changed and changing character.

The evidence is not feelings of God's presence, (although those may come).

So it is all of faith.

Does that answer your questions?

So it is all of faith.

It leads to a question. In Acts 8, a group of baptised believers are told they did not have the Holy Spirit. How did they know ? How could they measure the presence of a changed character ? The people were overjoyed, they had seen healing in their midst, so what was missing ? When Simon offered money to be able to give the Holy Spirit, what did he see happen that he valued so highly ?

So it is all of faith.

It leads to a question. In Acts 8, a group of baptised believers are told they did not have the Holy Spirit. How did they know ? How could they measure the presence of a changed character ? The people were overjoyed, they had seen healing in their midst, so what was missing ? When Simon offered money to be able to give the Holy Spirit, what did he see happen that he valued so highly ?

You know you have it, when you accept it by faith.

If you do not know it is something you can have, how can you accept it?

Simon wanted to be able to perform the miracles he saw...

• Members

Is the world worse now than it ever has been? Or is it just that we have more media to tell us all the horrible things that people are doing?

You make an interesting point EC about the media. We get news just about right away. But that doesn't take away the fact that, Jesus told his disciples when they asked about when the end will come. he said there would be all sorts of signs, I'm not going to go thru all of them. I'm pretty sure you've read them. So we will have that and as has been mentioned, It will be like the time of Noah. So I'm not gonna say that evil is worse than at any other time of history, but those things Jesus mentioned are all getting worse and worse. We have many more wars than before, etc. In that respect I believe we are worse off than at any other stage of earth's history.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

You know you have it, when you accept it by faith.

If you do not know it is something you can have, how can you accept it?

Simon wanted to be able to perform the miracles he saw...

I'm afraid that's the opposite of what the Bible says

Act 8:5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.

Act 8:6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.

Act 8:7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed [with them]: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.

Act 8:8 And there was great joy in that city.

Act 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Act 8:13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

They were all baptised believers. Simon saw the miracles and so joined them.

Act 8:14 ¶ Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

Act 8:15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:

Act 8:16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

So if they believed and were baptised, and saw miracles, how did they know they did not have the Holy Spirit ?

Act 8:17 Then laid they [their] hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

Act 8:18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,

Act 8:19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.

Something visible happens when people receive the Holy Spirit. Simon did not ask for the ability to do other miracles, he asked to be able to give the Holy Spirit.

Woody,

But God is the Holy Spirit,

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Woody,

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

That is true. So how do you worship 'in spirit and in truth' ? What does that mean ?

Woody,

Exactly my point. Whatever we need HE will provide in whatever form it may be.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: Gibs
Woody,

Exactly my point. Whatever we need HE will provide in whatever form it may be.

Woddy, do YOU know what it means to worship 'in Spirit and in truth' ?

BibleOnly,

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Since God is Spirit then we must worship Him in Spirit and He should be dwelling in us.

He must also be worshipped in Truth and that is the one that most don't get. He is not present if our worship is not in truth. Then without His presence you can not have "church" as the presence of the High and Holy one only will constitutes Church. You just have a gathering without Him there and If He isn't there His spirit is not in you either.

It is a full and complete dedication to Him who is Spirit and in His truth is a must. No error, none can be mixed in or it is not truth.

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

BibleOnly,

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Since God is Spirit then we must worship Him in Spirit and He should be dwelling in us.

He must also be worshipped in Truth and that is the one that most don't get. He is not present if our worship is not in truth. Then without His presence you can not have "church" as the presence of the High and Holy one only will constitutes Church. You just have a gathering without Him there and If He isn't there His spirit is not in you either.

It is a full and complete dedication to Him who is Spirit and in His truth is a must. No error, none can be mixed in or it is not truth.

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Awesome. I agree. We must make sure we have the Holy Spirit, to worship in Spirit. We must also worship in truth ( that is, by following correct doctrine, etc ). So, the question is, how do you know you have the Holy Spirit inside you ?