ClubAdventist is back!

Type A personality

Gail

• Administrators

Is this YOU?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Praise the Lord! Is it only men who are this type or what does it look like in a woman? (ie- I hardly hear of instances of road rage that involve a woman)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

Wikipedia says:

Quote:
Originally published in the 1950s, the Type A and Type B personality theory (also known as the "Jacob Goldsmith theory") is a theory which describes two common, contrasting personality types—the high-strung Type A and the easy-going Type B—as patterns of behavior that could either raise or lower, respectively, one's chances of developing coronary heart disease.

Though it has been widely controversial in the scientific and medical communities since its publication, the theory has nonetheless persisted, both in the form of pop psychology and in the general lexicon, as a way to describe one's personality. Such descriptions are still often equated with coronary heart disease or other health issues, though not always as a direct result of the theory.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

I don't really give much credence to all that personality type stuff. Too many unanswered questions. Too many people can be unfairly labelled.

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

• Moderators

I think I'm more of a Shanghai than a Taipei personality.

I agree with OA in that it's a simplistic personality scheme. Real people are more complex.

Any category system like this is useful rather than true. Until it stops being useful.

Truth is important

I agree with OA in that it's a simplistic personality scheme. Real people are more complex.

Any category system like this is useful rather than true. Until it stops being useful.

LOL, YES! Someone is on the same wavelength as me!

If I absolutely had to be a "type"; it would be whatever letter comes after X.

post-4001-140967451465_thumb.png

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

• Administrators

Clearly Type A when doing serious training and competing.

All other times, Type B

A real man's man!!

• Administrators
thumbsup

........Very true, however when you are dealing with several people per day it gives one a starting point in dealing with the presenting persons issues. Defining the "personality" is very helpful in understandiing how the individual sees their problem. All this of course must be done with insight, education and prayer for guidance.

• Moderators

I'm probably the prototype type B.

Florence Littauer (not sure if she originated the idea) broke it down to 4 temperamental types: Sanguine, choleric, phlegmatic, and melancholic. On the test, I came out phlegmatic.

I'm probably the prototype type B.

Florence Littauer (not sure if she originated the idea) broke it down to 4 temperamental types: Sanguine, choleric, phlegmatic, and melancholic. On the test, I came out phlegmatic.

I think I'm a Type B personality forced into a type A job. Rewarding when it's working well but can be very stressful.

As for the 4 temperaments - the pastor who did the pre-marital counselling for my better half and I, said I was the most melancholic person he had ever encountered. (and that wasn't at a time when I was suffering from depression, either!) With a generous serve of phlegmatic thrown in too.

Florence L wrote some interesting books on the 4 temperaments, but she didn't originate the idea. I think it goes back to the ancient Greeks.

AJ

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

• Moderators

Praise the Lord! Is it only men who are this type or what does it look like in a woman? (ie- I hardly hear of instances of road rage that involve a woman)

No, but just yesterday I heard about a woman spraying pepper spray on people in Walmart so she could get what she wanted. I think they called it "shopping rage".

James Brenneman

• Members

Originally Posted By: Gail

No, but just yesterday I heard about a woman spraying pepper spray on people in Walmart so she could get what she wanted. I think they called it "shopping rage".

So what do you say to that Gail! rollingsmile

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}