ClubAdventist is back!

Snippets from the hard copy Universal Reconciliation library of rodger

rodgertutt

A SNIPPET FROM THE INESCAPABLE LOVE OF GOD – THOMAS TALBOTT

When we finally weary of our own selfishness, petty jealousies, and lust for power; when we learn at last, perhaps through bitter experience, that these lead only to ruin and cannot bring enduring happiness, that nothing short of union with God and reconciliation with others will satisfy our own deepest yearnings; when we discover that the Hound of Heaven has finally closed off every alternative to such a union, we shall then, all of us, finally embrace the destiny that is ours.”

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dialoguewithus

• rodgertutt

• John317

• Samie

When God is All in all, we will have His mindset. 1 Tim. 2:1-6.

Far be it from God to finally adopt a merely human mindset. Lk. 14:28-30.

• Members

I'm not aware of any UR who uses their belief to justify living a careless sinful life.

I'm aware of some. :/ False sense of security begets carelessness...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

Originally Posted By: rudywoofs

Quote:
Satan is not interested in being in heaven with Jesus, unless he is on a par level with Jesus. He isn't now, never was, and never will be. He knows that. And he's laughing at those who think he will be "saved." What a farce.

Sooner or later everyone will learn that they started trusting in Jesus as their Saviour ONLY because God laid hold on them by His sovereign grace and made Jesus "choice" in their heart, just like He will for Satan at some point in the future.

Stan said you probably won't want to read a lot of copy and paste, but here it is in case you change your mind.

**snip**

Ah. You are wrong, Mr. Tutt. Not only have I read your copious quotes, I have looked over your EXTRABIBLICAL references. I'm not impressed.

You're unwittingly (apparently) a pawn in Satan's hands.

In addition, please be advised:

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

A SNIPPET FROM GOD’S RULES FOR SCRIPTURAL INTERPRETATION AND MAN’S PLACE IN GOD’S PURPOSE – CHARLES J. PEART

The unscriptural tradition assigning a limit beyond which Christ has no power to save the obstinate sinner has spread universally. It is worldwide. It claims that the will of man can successfully oppose the power and will of God. “God wills all mankind to be saved” (1Tim.2:4). Let us follow our Lord in His denunciation of tradition that makes void the word of God. Let us revel in the full extent of Christ’s work and God’s victory for all mankind.”

• Members

Quote:
GOD’S RULES FOR SCRIPTURAL INTERPRETATION AND MAN’S PLACE IN GOD’S PURPOSE

Do you understand what **Satan's** purpose is? And what **his** rules are???? :/

No, of course you don't. Otherwise, you would not be fooling around with fire.

A SNIPPET FROM THE PURPOSE OF GOD’S WILL – GUY MARKS

“God prearranged it all, from the fall of man to the glory of the consummation. Not one thing was left to chance. All was founded on His wisdom.

To some, evil is never to cease. God is never able, as they see it, to bring about so much good that all evil will vanish. They try to justify God with the false teaching that man is a free moral agent, whereas the only freedom of man which the scriptures affirm is the freedom of deliverance we find alone in Christ Jesus.”

Didn't you say you're no longer a Christian, Pam? But you do believe Satan exists, apparently. Maybe you're a Muslim or a Jew. Just guessing.

• Members

No. I'm not a Muslim nor a Jew...though I **do** have Jewish ancestry.

I am a witch. Again. As such, I have been, and am, intimately acquainted with Satan. **And** with his rules. **And** with his views of such a thread as this.

A SNIPPET FROM TRUTH AS I SEE IT – W.F. SALTER

“Does God not love His enemies, even as He has taught us to love ours? If He fails to reconcile even one, must it not be due to a lack of love, or of power? These qualities find their source in Him! So of a certainty He shall bring circumstances to bear which shall ultimately cause all to know, with understanding, His great love manifested in the gift of His Son, and this in turn shall fill each heart with adoration and love, and praise to God.

When God’s plans for the ages of time (eonian times) have been accomplished, every experience of man will, under the guidance of His wisdom, work together with every other experience for man’s highest ultimate good, and thus redound to God’s honor and glory.”

A SNIPPET FROM GOD’S RULES FOR SCRIPTURAL INTERPRETATION AND MAN’S PLACE IN GOD’S PURPOSE – CHARLES J. PEART

The unscriptural tradition assigning a limit beyond which Christ has no power to save the obstinate sinner has spread universally. It is worldwide. It claims that the will of man can successfully oppose the power and will of God. “God wills all mankind to be saved” (1Tim.2:4). Let us follow our Lord in His denunciation of tradition that makes void the word of God. Let us revel in the full extent of Christ’s work and God’s victory for all mankind.”

Yes, God had saved ALL from sin, through Christ on the cross, NOT in the distant future eons Universalists teach.

Christ came to save sinners (1 Tim 1:15). All sinned (Rom 3:23), therefore all are sinners. Since Christ came to save sinners, and all are sinners, therefore He came to save all.

The Universalist teaches all will ultimately be saved in the distant future. The Bible teaches God had already saved all from sin. But only overcomers will enter heaven and inherit lif eternal (Rev 3:5; 21:1-7, 27).

Beware of the teaching of the Universalist. It encourages people to act and live like demons, being pampered with the false hope heaven will still be their final home.

A SNIPPET FROM THE FIVE SMOOTH STONES OF THE KINGDOM – IRENE LINDSAY

God told Israel to set everything free in the year of Jubilee. God is going to have a Jubilee in totality over all sin, all death, and all destruction in this world. This world belongs to God and it shall be restored and shine with glory. God’s tapestry is unrolling bit by bit, and when it is all unrolled, the great Jubilee of rest for the entire universe will be unveiled.”

• Members

Beware of the teaching of the Universalist. It encourages people to act and live like demons, being pampered with the false hope heaven will still be their final home.

you do demons a disservice...they harbor no illusion as to their eventual demise..

A SNIPPET FROM TIME AND ETERNITY A BIBLICAL STUDY - G.T. STEVENSON

“Many plain direct statements in the sacred scriptures declare that the purpose of God through our Lord Jesus Christ is to bless all humanity and to bring the whole universe into harmony with Himself.

• Members

Satan's goal is to take with him as many human beings as possible, preventing them from everlasting life in heaven with God. Satan does *not* want to be in heaven. He would never be happy there, nor would any of his followers.

Please stop with the rubbish of Satan and his followers being saved. Pure rubbish....writings of deluded men.

A SNIPPET FROM THE DIVINE DESTINY – K. ROSS MCKAY

“The great enmity of mankind is but a background to magnify and display the far greater love of our God. Such love is as measureless as it is timeless; a vast portion being yet unrevealed. ‘And having made peace through the blood of Christ’s cross, by Him to reconcile all unto Himself, whether those on the earth or those in the heavens.’ This plan of the ages is our Lord’s ultimate purpose according to the declared will of Almighty God. This is the divine destiny of all in His creation. This is love that never fails.”

"For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it (Isa. 55:10-11).

Who will stand and say that the Word of God is non-effectual? Are there any who will declare that the voice of the Son of God, His rain from the heavens, will not cause everything it touches to live? Surprisingly, there are many, as they must forget that there are no idle words to ever proceed from the mouth of God. That which He speaks, Spirit and Word, forms worlds, casts them down, and rebuilds them in the glory of Himself. Although the vast majority of teachers and preachers of the Gospel, or what they call the "Gospel," deny this mighty truth by what they teach as "truth" -- it doesn't make it so.

The word Gospel means Good News; but that which is often heard preached as the gospel is certainly not good news. It does not declare God's victory, but rather, a sad defeat. Their words speak clearly of another gospel, one that denies the power of God's Word to save to the utmost, one that makes God and Jesus Christ the colossal failures of all time. God sent His Son to be the Savior of the world (I John 4:14), but their "good news", so called, has Jesus as a single drop of rain coming down from heaven. This single drop waters one or two blades of grass in the enormous field of humanity. The couple of lucky blades live, while the rest of the field burns up under the searing heat of the sun -- hellfire.

What kind of "Good News" is that? It isn't! Not by any stretch of the imagination! It is another Gospel, of which we are admonished to be aware. Let us never forget, the Gospel truly speaks of Good News, and much of what was being preached then and now has been far from being Good News (rf. Gal 1:6-8).

http://www.godfire.net/VoiceofSon56.html

Originally Posted By: Samie

you do demons a disservice...they harbor no illusion as to their eventual demise..

Oh sorry, but do you mean even demons don't believe in the teaching of the Universalists?

• Members

Originally Posted By: rudywoofs

Originally Posted By: samie
Oh sorry, but do you mean even demons don't believe in the teaching of the Universalists?

surely, you jest.. I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not..

Satan and his throng have been around since before the beginning of this world. They **had** their chance for redemption. They refused. They **knew** the penalty. Jesus did **not** die for to save evil from evil. Universalism basically treats Satan as a poor, uninformed and misguided soul. That's the most ridiculous and naive view of him that mankind can have.

**pauses**

wow, am *I* going to get into trouble for writing all this...I do believe I will conclude with this: universal reconciliation is based on humans trying to rework God into their own image - trying to dissect God's motives and thoughts to fit a human paradigm.. it will not work. The mind of God is humanly unfathomable. Even I think the Bible is quite clear about that.

WILL GOD’S PLAN FAIL - CHARLES H. PRIDGEON

“The plan of God, or as it literally reads ‘according to the plan of the ages’ (Eph.3:11) will work out as God purposed; It will not fail. God shall be All in all (1Cor.15:28). The saving work of Christ will continue throughout the ages, for Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and for the ages (Heb.13:8). God’s purpose and plan in creation, redemption, and new creation will then be clearly apprehended and enjoyed by all, and His character of love that never fails will be unveiled and vindicated.”

THE GOSPEL FROM OUTER SPACE – ROBERT SHORT

“The gospel of love heard from the churches is at bottom a gospel at gunpoint. This gospel claims to speak of a great love, but only one step behind this “love” is an unspoken, or often very vocal great eternal threat if we refuse this love. What a travesty of love, even human love, not to mention God’s! For one would think that God’s love ought to be at least as great as what human beings are capable of. It is precisely the implied or expressed threat of eternal perdition that compromises the churches’ ‘gospel of love,’ and gives this ‘gospel’ the lie to ordinary people, and is in fact behind by far, most of atheism.

On the other hand, this is not the quality of mercy I see in God. I get the strong feeling of an infinite, unconditional, no-strings-attached love for all people. At the same time this love is all-powerful and sovereign. It is not so flimsy and pitifully weak that it can be finally frustrated or defeated by mere human whim or by meagre man’s arrogant illusion called ‘free will.’ ”

Jeremiah 32

27 Lo, I [am] Yahweh, Elohim of all flesh: For Me is anything too wonderful?

17 Ah, Lord Yahweh, lo, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power, and by Your stretched-out arm; there is nothing too wonderful for You

What logic is there to the theory that God has the power and wisdom to create and sustain an apparently infinite number of worlds, yet can’t convince those He’s created of the superiority of His ways?

Isaiah 55:8, 9 (ACV)

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, says LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Psalms 139

CLV 1 {A Davidic Psalm} O Yahweh, You have investigated me and are knowing me; 2 You Yourself know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought from afar; 3 My path and my pallet You have measured off, And for all my ways You have made provision. 4 For though there be no declaration on my tongue, Behold, O Yahweh, You know it all. 5 Back and front, You have besieged me, And You set Your palm upon me. 6 Such knowledge is marvelous beyond me; It is impregnable; I cannot reach to it.

What logic is there to the theory that God has the power and wisdom to create and sustain an apparently infinite number of worlds, yet can’t convince those He’s created of the superiority of His ways?

THE GREAT REVELATION OR GOD’S LOVE, PURPOSE AND PLAN – JOHN H. PATON

“Some say that if it can be proved that the punishment of the wicked will have an end, the same argument will prove that the life of the righteous will also end. But this is too much to take for granted on such a premise. Aionios does not of itself indicate either the limited or unlimited duration of anything, but its duration in each case depends on the nature of that to which it is applied.

Colored glasses give color to whatever men look at, and it is difficult for many to divest themselves of the influence of former teaching so far as to be willing to look at a thing from the standpoint of another.

Some of us have done this however. Though trained in the old school of thought, we have been enabled, by a careful examination of the Scriptures, to throw off the old idea and to accept the larger and better hope. And we are assured that the plan of the ages with its progressive revelation, and the general scope and spirit of the gospel as a revelation of the infinite love and wisdom of God, are far stronger evidence of the final victory of Christ in saving all men, than the mere definition of any word could be.”

... Though trained in the old school of thought, we have been enabled, by a careful examination of the Scriptures, to throw off the old idea and to accept the larger and better hope. And we are assured that the plan of the ages with its progressive revelation, and the general scope and spirit of the gospel as a revelation of the infinite love and wisdom of God, are far stronger evidence of the final victory of Christ in saving all men, than the mere definition of any word could be.”