ClubAdventist is back!

Snippets from the hard copy Universal Reconciliation library of rodger

rodgertutt

The longest period of time mentioned in Scripture is the “eon”. An eon is sometimes translated “age” in certain versions. The word “eon” is transliterated from the Greek “aion”. The Greek adjective relating to eon is rendered “eonian”. Something which is eonian occurs during one or more eons or ages.

Each eon has an end, including the current eon. Matt. 13:39, 40, 49; 28:20. It is also apparent that each eon has a beginning, for after the present eon is “the coming eon”. Luke 18:30; Heb. 6:5.

God is King of kings and Lord of lords. 1Tim. 6:15. Likewise, the most exalted of the Hebrew holy places are called “the Holies of Holies”. Heb. 9. The oncoming eons are the final two eons and the most glorious, for Christ will be reigning over mankind, and His Body, the ecclesia (church) will be immortal during that time. So the last two eons are called “the eons of the eons”. Rev. 5:13; 11:15. And the Adversary who is deceiving them was cast into the lake of fire and sulphur, where the wild beast and where the false prophet are also. And they will be tormented day and night for the eons of the eons. Rev 20:10.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dialoguewithus

• rodgertutt

• John317

• Samie

Eternal is like infinity. How can the finite understand the infinite or eternal which has no end? There is no way. All we can know is that there is no end no matter how far and for how long you would go.

The Infinite One tells us that there never was a time but what He hasn't been and so there will never be a time but what He won't always be.

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

A Freeman In Jesus Christ

d-w-u,

Here's one for you,

Ps 145:20 The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.

"destroy" there means to bring to "nought" or nothing.

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

A Freeman In Jesus Christ

God's love and grace are permanent. Sin, judgment, extermination, chastising, and death are eonian.

Vivify: to give life beyond the reach of death, confer immortality.

John 5:21 shows that vivification is not necessarily included in resurrection. Those raised for the judgment of the Great White Throne don't receive immortality at that time.

1 Timothy 6:13 tells us that God is vivifying all, which is clearly explained in 1 Corinthians 15:22; through Adam we ALL receive mortality and through Christ we ALL receive immortality. We are dying means we are mortal; we will be vivified means we will no longer be dying- we'll be immortal. The last enemy, death, will be abolished. It won't be perpetuated forever; it will no longer exist. 1 Cor. 15:22-28 is very informative. So is 1 Tim. 4:10. God is the Savior of all mankind (He saves all mankind, for that is the definition of Savior), but ESPECIALLY of believers. Why would Paul use the word especially, instead of "provided they're believers", or "but exclusively of believers", or "but only if they're believers"? Why would Paul say "and through Him (Christ) to reconcile all to Him" (the Father)? Col 1:20. Why would he tell us that the Savior will receive acclamation from all universally if it's not going to happen? Phil. 2:9-11; Matt. 1:21; 1Cor 12:3. Notice the mention of grace, not judgment. Notice that this will glorify God. God would not be glorified by forced confessions, nor by annihilating those He created in His image.

Please remember- God is love. He is patient, is not incensed, is not taking account of evil, and He is expecting all. So am I. Remember, He values the one lost sheep more than the 99.

That the infinite One will receive acclamation in the Person of His visible Image, which can only occur by Holy Spirit, shows that they are not beyond reach. Their hearts aren't irreparably hardened and they have not managed to defeat God's will, that all mankind be saved. Since He's infinite, He must have made SUFFICIENT provision to save ALL before confining us in stubbornness, before subjecting the creation to vanity. Even if everything were to be restored exactly "as it was in the beginning", that would be a losing venture; all this suffering just to get back to "square one"?

Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more. Ezekiel 28:17-19

Ezekiel 28:1, 2, 17-19: And there is a word of Yahweh unto me, saying: `Son of man, say to the leader of Tyre: Thus said the Lord Yahweh: Because your heart has been high, And you do say: A el I [am], The habitation of Elohim I have inhabited, In the heart of the seas, And you [are] man, and not El, And you give out your heart as the heart of Elohim...High has been your heart, because of your beauty, You have corrupted your wisdom because of your brightness, On the earth I have cast you, Before kings I have set you, to look on you, From the abundance of your iniquity, By the perversity of your traffic, You have polluted your sanctuaries, And I bring forth fire from your midst, It has devoured you, And I make you become ashes on the earth, Before the eyes of all beholding you. All knowing you among the peoples Have been astonished at you, Wastes you have been, and you are not--to the eon.

Concordant Literal Version

Jeremiah 17:4 (CLV)

"And you have let go--even through yourself, Of your inheritance that I gave to you, And I have caused you to serve your enemies, In a land that you have not known, For a fire you have kindled in Mine anger, Unto the eon it does burn."

Will God's anger burn forever?

Ezekiel 37:26 (CLV)

"And I have made to them a covenant of peace, A covenant eonian it is with them, And I have placed them, and multiplied them, And placed My sanctuary in their midst--to the eon."

Is God's sanctuary there now?

"To the eon" does not mean "forever", although that meaning might work fine in many instances, in others it will not. And eons do end, so obviously "endless" is not the meaning of eon or eonian. Jude 7 is an example of eonian fire.

A snippet from The Outcome of Infinite Grace

http://www.tentmaker.org/books/infinitegrace.htm

“Reconciliation would mean salvation by force,” men say, and they are thinking about the freedom of man’s will. They claim that when God made man in the first place, He endowed him with freedom of will, the ability to accept God’s love or to reject it, and that the decision he makes here and now is a final choice. But our Lord Jesus says:’ “No one is able to come unto Me unless the Father Who sent Me draw him” (Jn. 6:44). Some men interpret 1 Tim. 2:4, “who will have all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth,” as meaning that God desires or wishes all men to be saved, but that it does not mean that they will or must be saved. A little careful thinking will show that such an interpretation makes the will of man more mighty than the will of God. God wills (or wishes) all men to be saved, but He is not able to get His will (or wish) fulfilled. Man wills not to be saved, and he is perfectly able to have his will fulfilled. That deifies man, and dethrones God. Man is able to get his will done, but God is not.

Let us think a moment of just how free man is, how far his freedom can go. A little observation and study will show that man’s freedom has very narrow limits. One is able to wish or desire or purpose as he pleases, but when he comes to carry out his wish or desire or purpose, he finds that he faces a problem. One is not free in the physical realm. Just let him try to jump off the earth and land on Mars, for example. One is not free in the social realm. Not every man can marry the woman he wishes. One is not free in the moral and spiritual realm. He may desire with all his being to free the world of drunkenness and vice, of greed and hate and war, but who has yet accomplished that?

#34 - AT THE END OF THE AGES THE ABOLITION OF HELL – BOB EVELY

“The culmination of God’s Word is found in 1Corinthian 15 when God become All in all.

The book of Revelation does not take us quite this far. Corruption is eliminated and our bodies are now incorruptible. The worst enemy of all, death, has been abolished.

The salvation of all has not meant the ignoring of sin. The lake of fire, the second death has accomplished its work. All men now recognize the wondrous ways of God and His grace as expressed through the work of Christ. The salvation of all does not negate or minimize the work of the cross. The work of Christ upon the cross and the power of God as displayed through the resurrection, were both very necessary.

But now at the end of the ages we see the true scope of God’s work. Despite the sin and rebellion of humanity, God has found a way to bring every soul to the point of acceptance. The ages have ended. The purpose of the eons has now been fulfilled; to reconcile all to God. Wickedness and evil are gone. Death is no more. God is love, and He is All in all. Eternal life in perfection has begun.”

Are You an Abolitionist?

We should all certainly do what we can to promote the abolition of slavery in the 21st century; millions are still held in servitude. But my topic is the abolition of death. Our Savior abolishes death. 2 Tim. 2:10. The Greek word, katargeoo, is translated ‘abolish’ in 2 Timothy 2:10 and 1 Corinthians 15:26 and ‘nullify’ in 1 Corinthians 15:24. The basic meaning of katargeoo is ‘make inoperative’. http://www.concordant.org/expohtml/QuestionsAndAnswers/Q&AIndex3.html#71a

In Romans 7:2, katargeoo is translated ‘exempt’: “For a woman in wedlock is bound to a living man by law. Yet if the man should be dying, she is exempt from the law of the man.” Christ will nullify all sovereignty and all authority and power. 1 Cor. 15:24. This must occur after the events of Revelation 21:24, because sovereignty is still operative on the new earth. See also Rev. 22:5. “The last enemy is being abolished: death.” 1 Cor. 15:26. This verse predicts the abolition of death; death will be made inoperative. This is further clarified in verse 22, where we are told that in Christ, all shall be vivified. Vivification is the reception of immortality from the Creator. “For even as, in Adam, all are dying, thus also, in Christ, shall all be vivified.” Again, this must occur after the new earth, because many will still be dead at that time. Revelation 21:8. So, in review, all those who through Adam received mortality, will through Christ receive immortality. This is when death is abolished or made inoperative for all mankind. This will be the end of the last enemy, death. The second death comes after the first death, so the last enemy which will be abolished is, of necessity, the second death. If one soul remained dead forever, then death would not have been abolished; it would still be operative. Since death will be abolished and will no longer operate, there will no longer be anyone whose “part is in the lake burning with fire and sulphur, which is the second death.” That all mankind will be exempt from death is evident, because God is vivifying all. 1 Tim. 6:13. The Bible tells us that Christ will draw all to Himself, will subject all to Himself, will reconcile all to Himself, and will abolish death, so that God may be All in all. If you believe these things, you are an abolitionist.

#35 -THE RESTORATION OF ALL THINGS OR A VINDICATION OF THE GRACE OF GOD TO BE MANIFESTED AT LAST IN THE RECOVERY OF HIS WHOLE CREATION OUT OF THEIR FALL – JEREMIAH WHITE

“It may be questioned whether we understand the terms ‘forever,’ ‘forever and ever,’ and ‘everlasting,’ aright, for these terms are used in divers places as things that have an end and are understood in a limited and qualified sense. These terms are too weak a foundation to build an assertion of everlasting hell upon, as concludes and shuts up God forever in wrath, never to come forth in the exercise of mercy. Whether or not there is an ending is not revealed by the use of these terms.

O my God, Thou art love and canst no more cease to be so than to be Thyself. Take Thy own methods with us, and submit us to them. Well may we do so in an assurance that the beginning, the way, and the end of them all is love. I must believe then that Thy grace will super-abound wherever sin hath most abounded.”

A snippet from Universalism the Prevailing Doctrine of the Christian Church During its First Five Hundred Years, by J. W. Hanson, 1899 (http://www.tentmaker.org/books/Prevailing.html):

“(Quoting Origen) “Let us see now what is the freedom of the creature, or the termination of its bondage. When Christ shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father, then also those living things, when they shall have first been made the kingdom of Christ, shall be delivered, along with the whole of that kingdom, to the rule of the Father, that when God shall be all in all, they also, since they are a part of all things, may have God in themselves, as He is in all things.” Origen regarded the application to punishment of the word aionios, mistranslated everlasting, as in perfect harmony with this view, saying that the punishment of sin, “though ‘aionion’, is not endless.””

Romans 16:24-27: Now to Him Who is able to establish you in accord with my evangel, and the heralding of Christ Jesus in accord with the revelation of a secret hushed in times eonian, yet manifested now and through prophetic scriptures, according to the injunction of the eonian God being made known to all nations for faith-obedience -" to the only, and wise God, through Christ Jesus, be glory for the eons of the eons. Amen!"

Answers to hundreds of questions raised by partialists about universal reconciliation: http://www.urqa.com/

In the Name of Jesus

Philippians 2:10 describes God’s plan thus: “that in the name of Jesus every knee should be bowing, celestial and terrestrial and subterranean,”

The book All in all elaborates: “If He spared those who did not bow the knee to Baal, how much more will He save those who bow the knee to the Saviour of His selection? And this is vastly strengthened by the preposition here employed. It is not merely "at," but "in." The Revisers were forced to make this correction. Its meaning is manifest in the opening of the chapter: "If there is any consolation in Christ." And again in vv. 19, 24, 29. "In the name," has the force of "by virtue of the name," "in the power of the name," as is evident from its other occurrences, (see Matt. 7:22; 10:41; 18:5-20; 21:9; 24:5-9; John 2:23; 5:43; 16:24-26; Eph. 5:20; Col. 3:17). This gives us the key to the passage, which is the divine declaration (Rom. 14:11; Isa. 45:23):

"Living am I, . . .

For to Me shall be bowing every knee,

And every tongue shall be acclaiming God."

When this august oath is fulfilled it will be found that it was only by virtue of the name of a Saviour that every knee shall bow and tongue acclaim.”

So all will bow in the Name which signifies “Yahweh saves”, and will acclaim that Jesus Christ is Lord.

How is it that every tongue will be acclaiming that Jesus Christ is Lord? No one is able to say ‘Jesus is Lord” except by Holy Spirit. 1 Cor. 12:3. So it is apparent that their hearts are susceptible to God’s spirit. “For the Son of Mankind came to seek and to save the lost.” Luke 19:10.

How many will He seek? “And I, if I should be exalted out of the earth, shall be drawing all to myself.” John 12:32. The word ‘men’ is not in the Greek; this is universal.

How many will He save? “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, and losing one of them, is not leaving the ninety-nine in the wilderness and is going after the lost one, till he may be finding it?” Luke 15:4. “…till He may be finding it.” “Faithful is the saying and worthy of all welcome (for for this are we toiling and being reproached), that we rely on the living God, Who is the Saviour of all mankind, especially of believers. These things be charging and teaching.” 1 Timothy 4:9-11.

#36 - THE GREAT DELVERANCE – GUY MARKS

“In 1Timothy 2: 5&6 we read, ‘For there is one God, and one Mediator of God and mankind, a man, Christ Jesus, Who is giving Himself a correspondent Ransom for all (the testimony in its own eras).’ This scripture defines the purpose of God through the name Jesus. Thus God exalts His Son, so at the name of Jesus, the name which means that He is salvation, ‘every knee shall be bowing and every tongue shall be acclaiming that Jesus Christ is Lord.’ Philippians 2:9-11.

The name of Jesus must not be held in contempt. It must be exalted. How could those who bow the knee and acknowledge Him as Lord ever thus dishonor the name of Jesus, which they would be doing if they were lost? It was Jesus who died to save them as He gave His life a correspondent ransom for all. God will exalt that precious name as He transports us all into the kingdom of the Son of His love.”

Snippets from Universalism the Prevailing Doctrine of the Christian Church During its First Five Hundred Years, by J. W. Hanson, 1899:

“What, then, was the state of facts as to the leading theological schools of the Christian world, in the age of Origen, and some centuries after? It was in brief this: There were at least six theological schools in the church at large. Of these six schools, one, and only one, was decidedly and earnestly in favor of the doctrine of future eternal punishment. One was in favor of the annihilation of the wicked, two were in favor of the doctrine of universal restoration on the principles of Origen, and two in favor of universal restoration on the principles of Theodore of Mopsuestia…

It should be noted, however, that the schools in Asia Minor and Northern Africa, where annihilation and endless punishment were taught, were not strictly divinity schools, but mere seminaries.

The one school out of the six in Christendom that taught endless punishment was in Africa, and the doctrine was derived by Latins from misunderstanding a foreign language, through mis-translations of the original Greek Scriptures, and was obtained by infusing the virus of Roman secularism into the simplicity of Christianity…

Philo, who was contemporary with Christ, generally used aidion to denote endless, and aionian temporary duration. He uses the exact phraseology of Matt. xxv: 46, precisely as Christ used it: "It is better not to promise than not to give prompt assistance, for no blame follows in the former case, but in the latter there is dissatisfaction from the weaker class, and a deep hatred and æonian punishment (chastisement) from such as are more powerful." Here we have the precise terms employed by our Lord, which show that aionian did not mean endless but did mean limited duration in the time of Christ. Philo adopts athanaton, ateleuteton or aidion to denote endless, and aionian temporary duration.”

#37 - UNION – JAMES RELLY

In his book UNION, Relly presents scriptural texts for the view that universal salvation is assured. He argues that Jesus Christ’s union with all human beings, and His assumption of their guilt for their sins ensures that the entire human race will be saved.

He further argues that faith is the result, not the cause, of experiencing the saving power of God.

He wrote, “Man, being the vessel marred between the Potter’s hands is not rejected, but made into another and better vessel (Jeremiah 18:2).

In his book UNION, Relly presents scriptural texts for the view that universal salvation is assured. He argues that Jesus Christ’s union with all human beings, and His assumption of their guilt for their sins ensures that the entire human race will be saved.

He further argues that faith is the result, not the cause, of experiencing the saving power of God.

He wrote, “Man, being the vessel marred between the Potter’s hands is not rejected, but made into another and better vessel (Jeremiah 18:2).

What do you call a plethora of snippets that all say the same thing without responding to challenges?

A snippet from Universalism the Prevailing Doctrine of the Christian Church During its First Five Hundred Years, by J. W. Hanson, 1899:

“Rufinus, A.D. 345-410, wrote an elaborate defense of Origen, and in the preface to “De Principis” he declares that he excised from that work of Origen “all that was discordant with our (the accepted Christian) belief.” As the work still abounds in expressions of Universalism, not only his sympathy with that belief, but also the fact that it was then the prevailing Christian belief can not be questioned.”

2 Peter 3:9

Originally Posted By: rodgertutt

What do you call a plethora of snippets that all say the same thing without responding to challenges?

Doug, which specific challenge would you prefer we respond to first, more than any other challenge?

I tend to get overwhelmed by more than one challenge at a time. :-)

#38 - THE UNIVERSAL RESTORATION – ELHANAN WINCHESTER

In the memoir of the author it is written, “He found no quietude, until, by a candid and prayerful examination of the Bible, he became fully satisfied that ‘God will have all men to be saved,’ and that ‘He doeth according to His will.’ His change of opinion was soon noised abroad, and produced a great disaffection in many of his former friends.

Here is a snippet from the book.

“The reason why I do not conceive that “forever and ever” doth intend endless duration is because I find the words as often used for times and periods that must have an end, as you find them used for the misery of the wicked. You bring three passages which are all that are to be found in the whole Bible where they are used in that sense; I shall now invalidate those evidences for endless damnation by bringing an equal number of texts where you will allow the words are used in a limited sense. Is. 30:8; Jer. 7:7; Jer. 35:5.

These passages are as many and as strongly expressed as those which you brought to prove endless misery; and yet nothing can be more evident than that they cannot intend endless duration. The words do not necessarily imply that the wicked shall never be delivered from their sins and consequent suffering.

Now if the words “forever and ever” signify without end, then there is a contradiction that cannot be reconciled, but only understand them as the ages of the ages, (as indeed they ought to be rendered), and the whole difficulty vanishes at once.”

Snippets from The Outcome of Infinite Grace By Dr. Loyal Hurley

http://www.tentmaker.org/books/infinitegrace.htm

“Ferre, in "The Christian Fellowship" says: "Although faith is supposed to hold that [God] is both all-wise and all-powerful, the point remains that either God is the Creator of this world, Who knew what He is doing, and Who will, in His own way, accomplish a completely good end, or else He is in some way limited. No matter what the nature of that limitation might be, if God is to be thought of as a sufficiently wise and powerful, completely good Will, the choice between a limited God and, ultimately, somehow, a universal salvation stands. On this point every theologian must make up his mind."

Folks who claim that they are true to the Bible, may indeed affirm that the Word Who creates, and the Word Who redeems are the same Word of God, but they effectually deny this very affirmation by their attitude toward the question of ultimate salvation for all men. They have an infinite Creator, but a very little Redeemer. Their Christ is a comparatively helpless and puny Saviour Who is going to lose most of those for Whom He died. He can pay the price for the sins of the whole world, but the stubborn will of man makes it ineffective. Man's will is mightier than God's will. God is infinite to create; powerless to redeem…

Another factor in our problem is God's relationship to the introduction of evil and sin into the universe. Some of the theological contortions men go through in order to relieve God of all responsibility in that field are pitiful. They are not explanations, but evasions. We have not room here for an extended discussion of such a subject, but a few observations may be in order.

Over and over, in different ways, the truth declared in Acts 15:18, "Known unto God are all His works from the beginning of the world" is affirmed. God knew sin would enter His creation. He made preparation for it ahead of time. The first Christian sermon declares of Jesus, "Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain" (Acts 2:23). If God knew about it ahead of time, then He could have prevented its entry if He had not wanted sin to get into His universe. But He did know, and, He did plan beforehand for just that. "Known unto God are all His works from the beginning of the world" (Acts 15:18).

Without relieving man of one whit of guilt for sin, it can be stated on the basis of the Bible that: (1) God provided a Saviour, "slain from the foundation of the world"; (2) God created Satan, the tempter, and had him on the doorstep of the world when man first appeared (if God had not wanted Satan there, surely He could have located him elsewhere, or else restrained him; "I have created the waster to destroy," Isa.54:16; (3) God planted the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and put it right at the cross-walk of Eden (hence, it is folly to assume that Adam is to blame for such factors; (4) God, in His infinite wisdom, wanted sin and salvation to operate in His universe: "For the creation was subjected to vanity, not of its own will, but by reason of Him Who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the liberty of the glory of the children of God" (Rom.8:20,21). When we attempt to introduce sin into God's world as an oversight, or a slip-up, or otherwise somehow as a weakness on God's part, we are thereby destroying any concept of a Sovereign God, especially One Who is worthy of worship.”

Here’s a common challenge:

“It says some people will never be forgiven for their sins.”

Matthew 12:31,32 “Therefore I am saying to you, Every sin and blasphemy shall be pardoned men, yet the blasphemy of the spirit shall not be pardoned. And whosoever may be saying a word against the Son of Mankind, it will be pardoned him, yet whoever may be saying aught against the holy spirit, it shall not be pardoned him, neither in this eon, nor in that which is impending.” Verses 24-30 show that this is addressed to a certain group of Israelites whom, as clearly stated, will not be pardoned for their blasphemy, neither in the current eon nor during the 1,000 year kingdom eon. They will be judged at the great white throne and cast into the lake of fire, which is the second death.

“And another, a third messenger, follows them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone is worshipping the wild beast and it’s image, and is getting an emblem on his forehead or on his hand, he, also, is drinking of the wine of the fury of God, blended undiluted in the cup of His indignation, and he shall be tormented in fire and sulphur in the sight of the holy messengers and in the sight of the Lambkin. And the fumes of their torment are ascending for the eons of the eons. And they are having no rest day and night, those worshipping the wild beast and its image, and if anyone is getting the emblem of its name””. Rev. 14:9-11. Those receiving “the mark of the beast” will apparently suffer the most severe punishment of all mankind. Believers are advised not to pray for eonian life for those who accept this emblem. 1John 5:13-17. It may be that by receiving the emblem of the wild beast they will be committing the blasphemy of the spirit.

Clearly both of these groups of people will be judged harshly. Nowhere is it stated that they will never be saved.

http://www.concordant.org/expohtml/HumanDestiny/spiritblasphemy.html

So tell me, why should I believe a man's wishful thoughts over and above what the Bible has to say about this? So far you have given me nothing to consider. duno

Something "to consider."

Sooner or later “God will have all men to be saved” (1 Timothy 2:4)

It is God’s “pleasure” that all mankind be saved.

And “God is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will” (Ephesians 1:11).

Change it to read “in accord with the counsel of what He wants” if you like.

Because God says

"My counsel shall stand.

I will do all my pleasure

(the saving of all mankind is part of the pleasure that God wants)

Yea I have spoken it.

I will also bring it to pass.

I have purposed it.

I will also do it."

Isaiah 46:10,11

Job 23:13 “But he stands alone, and who can oppose Him?

He does whatever he pleases.

(the saving of all mankind is part of what He wants that pleases Him).

Isaiah 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:

It will not return to me empty,

but will accomplish what I desire

and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

(the saving of all mankind is part of all of which God desires or wants)

So we see God does all His pleasure, He does whatever He pleases, and His word accomplishes that which He desires.

His pleasure, that which He desires and pleases Him is what He wants.

His will = What He wants

What does He want?

THE SALVATION OF ALL MANKIND

Why will it happen?

Because God Himself will see to it that it gets done.

Regarding the arguments that seem to support annihilation, see

Eternal Death (Conditional IMmortality, Annihilation):

One Step Out of Hell; One Step Short of Glory

http://www.tentmaker.org/books/EternalDeath.html

#39 - THE JUST JUDGMENT OF GOD – JAMES CORAM

“The main point which we seek to impress upon our readers is to accept God’s declaration that, for those who are judged before the great white throne, the lake of fire is the second death, not a second lifetime.

While the ‘injury’ (literal translation) sustained by those who are cast into the lake if fire (in Revelation 20:14,15) will be fatal (since to these the lake of fire is the second death), it will not be permanent. We may be certain that this is the case, for, at the consummation, death will be abolished and all will be vivified, that God may be All in all. God is the Saviour of all mankind, and this includes all who enter the second death.”

“But what about Judas Iscariot? Doesn’t it say it would have been better if he’d never been born?

Matthew 26:24 “The Son of Mankind is indeed going away, according as it is written concerning Him, yet woe to that man through whom the Son of Mankind is being given up! Ideal were it for Him if that man were not born!” It would have been ideal (pleasing and peaceful) for Jesus (the Son of Mankind/Him) if Judas (that man) had not been born. It was nevertheless necessary for him to be born and commit his sin of betrayal in order for scripture to be fulfilled. See Genesis 6:6; John 18:11; Matt. 26:39. (While many Bible versions mistranslate Matt.26:24, some do put the correct rendering in the margin.) Concerning Judas’ title, “son of destruction”, John 17:12, the Greek word is apollumi, often translated, perish or lose. This word is used in the New Testament about 90 times. Many people, animals, and even things are described as being “lost”, “destroyed” or “perished”. It is unwise to assume the word describes “eternal damnation”. “For the Son of Mankind came to seek and to save the lost (apollumi).” Luke 19:10. The book All in All, by A. E. Knoch, is very informative on this and some other important topics, such as the eons, the 3 classes of vivification, “hell”, and “annihilation”. http://www.lighthouselibrary.com/read.php?sel=2586&searchfor=