ClubAdventist is back!

'I never knew you'

BibleOnly

Mat 7:21 ¶ Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Does this mean that workers of miracles will not be saved ? Or does Jesus mean that He assumes that His followers will do these things, but it is not enough ?

Mar 3:22 And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.

Mar 3:23 And he called them [unto him], and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?

Mar 3:24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

Mar 3:25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

Mar 3:26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

Mar 3:27 No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.

Mar 3:28 ¶ Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

Mar 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

Mar 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Jesus was clear, the devil cannot cast himself out, nor can the devil answer someone who calls on God. But, while the gifts of the Spirit are always to be anticipated in the life of a Christian, those who have the experience and can use the gifts, need also to be lawful, that is, to live as God has said for us to. Now, I'm sure most people here will say that means nothing more and nothing less than doing no work on Saturdays. But, Jesus did not say that. Nor did He say that miracles would be done by satan, in fact, He said the opposite. It's not just people who did miracles in Jesus' name that He will not know, they are just the only people who had a right to think He would.

Jhn 14:12 ¶ Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Jesus said He came to this world to testify to the truth. He also said that the truth is what sets someone free from sin. Wouldn't one think that the "truth" is important?

Jesus said He came to this world to testify to the truth. He also said that the truth is what sets someone free from sin. Wouldn't one think that the "truth" is important?

Read the Scripture. The only reason you are saved is because "God/Jesus Christ KNOWS YOU!" and "YOU KNOW GOD/JESUS CHRIST"

Its not keeping the Commandments, having faith, knowing/spreading the Three Angels Message, knowing all about the beasts in Daniel/Revelation, etc. etc. even though all those things may seem important and seem very valuable. None of them are criteria for being saved.

So many people go wrong in this regard. They are like the "foolish virgins" in Matthew chapter twenty-five.

Mat 7:21 ¶ Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Does this mean that workers of miracles will not be saved? Or does Jesus mean that He assumes that His followers will do these things, but it is not enough ?

No, it means "come out from among them and be ye separate from the world."

"15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty."(2 Cor 6:15-18)

"16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and *ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."(Gal 5:16-21)

“Iniquity? Who me? Oh dear me! Say it ain't so. . . .”

Q.E.D.

Satanic Verses-Salman Rushdie.

Nor did He say that miracles would be done by satan, in fact, He said the opposite.

For someone called BibleOnly, you really like to pick and choose what you read.

For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.

Matthew 24:24

"And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men."

Revelation 13:13

1 Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the [a]coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, 2 that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a [c]message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. 3 Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the [d]apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above [e]every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God. 5 Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things? 6 And you know what restrains him now, so that in his time he will be revealed. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. 8 Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His [f]coming; 9 that is, the one whose [g]coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and [h]signs and false wonders, 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11 For this reason God [j]will send upon them [k]a deluding influence so that they will believe [l]what is false, 12 in order that they all may be [m]judged who did not believe the truth, but [n]took pleasure in wickedness.

2nd Thessalonians 2:1-12

[This mystery of lawlessness is already being manifest in those who claim that the law has been done away with when Christ specifically said that not one jot or tittle would be changed from the law. Not even one jot yet from Christian pulpits and message boards people claim either that there is no longer a Sabbath, that the Sabbath is now on Sunday or that the Sabbath is now everyday of the week]

Remember Adventists Online?

Of course it is. That's why Jesus said God requires us to worship in Spirit and in truth.

Originally Posted By: BibleOnly
Nor did He say that miracles would be done by satan, in fact, He said the opposite.

For someone called BibleOnly, you really like to pick and choose what you read.

For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.

Matthew 24:24

You were wrong. Face it. Quit twisting scripture. All Jesus said was that Satan does not cast out Satan. The New Testament and the words of Jesus Himself prove that great signs and wonders will in fact be carried out by Satan.

Remember Adventists Online?

"You were wrong. Face it. Quit twisting scripture"

How am I doing that ? Jesus said that the devil cannot cast the devil out. Jesus said that people would come and say 'we cast out demons in your name', so He was not talking about people who did wonderful works in the power of the devil.

How am I doing that ? Jesus said that the devil cannot cast the devil out. Jesus said that people would come and say 'we cast out demons in your name', so He was not talking about people who did wonderful works in the power of the devil.

What???

I heard it on the radio. . .

Q.E.D.

Originally Posted By: BibleOnly

What???

I heard it on the radio. . .

Q.E.D.

Sorry ?

"It means "come out from among them and be ye separate from the world." not "that people would come and say 'we cast out demons in your name"."

But Jesus said they WOULD say that. Are you serious ?

I am tempted to list the works of the flesh evident in the way you speak to me, but I'll let others work that out for themselves. Beyond that, I am not fussed with trying to reply to you.

"It means "come out from among them and be ye separate from the world." not "that people would come and say 'we cast out demons in your name"."

But Jesus said they WOULD say that. Are you serious ?

I am tempted to list the works of the flesh evident in the way you speak to me, but I'll let others work that out for themselves. Beyond that, I am not fussed with trying to reply to you.

" Jesus said their problem was "depart from me ye WORKERS OF INIQUITY." NOT "depart from me ye Workers of Miracles that don't have the Holy Spirit."

I sense a literacy problem here. I said this in my original post. Workers of miracles clearly have the Spirit. But, those who are not also lawful ( who in essence have the oil and not the lamp ) will be the ones turned away in this parable.

"I speak to you just like I speak to everyone else here so don't think you are "special". Glad to hear that you are not fussed about it. I was really worried about that."

You're sarcastic and rude to everyone ? One more reason to stop speaking to you. For my clarification, should I assume that some SDA members are rude and self righteous and arrogant, or are you not SDA ?

"Workers of miracles clearly have the Spirit."

Hmmmm. . .

"24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."(Matt 24:24)

"13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty."(Rev 16:13-14)

"19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone."(Rev 19:19-20)

"11 Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments.

12 For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents:"(Exo 7:11-12)

"7 And the magicians did so with their enchantments, and brought up frogs upon the land of Egypt."(Exo 8:7)

"It looked just like the Virgin Mary high in the sky. . ."

Q.E.D.

You're sarcastic and rude to everyone?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. . .Methinks you should take the Q.E.D. approved survey below.

Q.E.D. is:

1. T F ? SARCASTIC

2. T F ? RUDE

3. T F ? INSOLENT

4. T F ? SNIDE

5. T F ? HATEFUL

6. T F ? ARROGANT

7. T F ? ALL OF THE ABOVE

8. T F ? NONE OF THE ABOVE

Circle T for True, F for False, or ? for "Don't Know".

"The execution will proceed at midnight. . ."

Q.E.D.