ClubAdventist is back!

"Behold I come quickly......my REWARD is with me"

tribeofjudah

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

What REWARD is this that Jesus will give us? Salvation, a crown, something else? I dare not be presumptuous friends...but some may/will misunderstand Grace and Works.

As an Adventist, I know we are saved by GRACE throught FAITH, and good works are simply the residual effects of the LOVE we have for our Saviour Jesus Christ.

But, I see how many people can get bogged down with Bible text that talk about "rewards and works"

Here is another texts:

Mat 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

We are NOT saved by Works lest any man boast....but we are REWARDED according to our works....( does it seen hard to grasp? some may see this as a contradiction?)

This may stumble some baby Christians.... your thoughts?

Amen!

Works do not save. They are just evidence of our faith. :)

It is not the actual "doing" of the works that saves. But only doers will be justified (Romans 2:13).

The doing does not justify. But only doers will be justified. The justifying comes from Jesus.

So simple!

~Lysimachus (Marcos S.)

Author of article, Vindicating the Year-Day Principle of Prophetic Interpretation (see attachment for article)
Currently writing a book, Vindicating the Historical School of Prophetic Interpretation
Founder of the largest and fastest SDA Apologetics Group on Facebook, Seventh-Day Adventism - Defending the Pillars of the Faith
Writer and apologetics contributor at Adventist Defense League

Vindicating the Year-Day Principle of Prophetic Interpretation.pdf

• Members

Amen!

Works do not save. They are just evidence of our faith. :)

It is not the actual "doing" of the works that saves. But only doers will be justified (Romans 2:13).

The doing does not justify. But only doers will be justified. The justifying comes from Jesus.

So simple!

:like: my thoughts exactly. Unfortunately we have many that, when they here works, start talking about legalism. So sad, because as you say, the works we do comes because of the love that we have for Him that came and died for us.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Quote:
Rev 22:12 "And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be."

I like this verse!

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

This text also shows that people receive their reward when Jesus comes not when they die

Galatians 3:29

(29) And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

My thoughts? Yes, can you please find me where Jesus ever said that anyone could be saved by Grace? Same goes for becoming righteous by faith?

Jesus expressed these things by His actions

Galatians 3:29

(29) And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

I like this verse also, and I am practicing obedience to the instructions that the Son of God gave when He testified to His disciples and two of them wrote down what they heard.

The Son of God comes two more times. Once as a thief in the night to His bondservants and then as the Bridegroom (as recorded in Revelation). Which coming are you expecting to recieve your reward? Will our reward be life or death?

Matthew 7:22 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

Strong's Number: 458. Transliterated Word: Anomia

Definition: the condition of without law

Romans 4:15 NAS

for the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law, there also is no violation.

Romans 10:4 NAS

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes

John 3:36 NAS

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life ; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

Revelation 22:12 NAS

"Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done .

Matthew 24:43 NAS

"But be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken into.

Revelation 3:3 NAS

'So remember what you have received and heard ; and keep it, and repent. Therefore if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come to you.

Revelation 16:15 NAS

("Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who stays awake and keeps his clothes, so that he will not walk about naked and men will not see his shame.")

Dr. Rich, I don't think you will find Jesus saying this exactly in the Bible. Instead, it is understood by these verses:

Faith = Belief.......(don't you think..???)

Gen 15:6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

Rom 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Jam 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.