ClubAdventist is back!

I think I just lost my job of 10 years over something really trivial.

Doug

Long story short I had made a few mistakes at work, one was an incident that wasn't really my fault. I accidently brought in a deadly weapon (a butter knife) someone gave me with my lunch. The other 2 were of my own doing. I asked my manager to put me in a position where I wouldn't make mistakes but it was denied.

So 3 strikes and you are out. I am trying to stay positive, I got suspended but the odds are against me going back to work.

But I wasn't happy for the last few years I was there. The pay was great and the benefits were extensive, but the hours sucked. It no longer was a happy and fun place to work at. They wouldn't be flexible with my hours for school, I had to drop a chemistry class because people decided not to show up to work.

I had prayed for a way for me to go back and finish school, maybe this is a sign?

Sorry for you anguish Doug. But appreciate you being here. Things have a way of working out for the best sometimes. So I will be praying this is your case.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Yes, it sounds like a difficult situation, but I think you will look back on this and say it happened for the best. I have had to change jobs against my choice, and it turns out to have been the best thing that could have happened -in the long run, even though it was a financial pinch for a couple of years.

Praying,

LD

LD

Sorry to hear of your employment troubles Doug. It has been my experience that when one door closes; another one opens. I hope you will find something more suited to your school courses now. Thanks for sharing this with us. We will add you to our prayer list

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

• Administrators

Yes, let us know how things turn out, okay?

((( Doug )))

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

Yes, it sounds like a difficult situation, but I think you will look back on this and say it happened for the best. I have had to change jobs against my choice, and it turns out to have been the best thing that could have happened -in the long run, even though it was a financial pinch for a couple of years.

Praying,

LD

Doug, I agree with LD 100% here. The Bible tells us that everything works for good for those that love the Lord. That might not be the exact words, but they close. I got laid off 3+ years ago and every which way I turned it looked like that passage was not working for me. But long story short, :), things did work out. Now raising my grandson. Might not be making the money I made but God has taken care of us these past 3 years. things are not perfect, but we're where God wants us to be. So never give up, it might even take a while, but he takes care of us. Will be keeping you on our pray list.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I just found out i'm officially terminated. I am going to go in and pick up my final check in a few hours. My boss is going on vacation next week so my interactions will be done with the HR personnel.

My only recourse is that the company has a Guaranteed Fair Treatment policy so I can appeal my termination.

I did make a point of mentioning that I didn't feel comfortable doing what I was doing and asked that I be placed in a different position, and that I feel like the 10 years of service should mean something.

• Members

Sorry to hear that Doug. Are you gonna sign up for unemployment? Sad to say you will probably have a fight on your hands. Quiting and firing are the only things that might not allow you to collect. Usually if you quit you have less than a 1% chance, with being fired I believe you will get a hearing if the company refuses to pay. So have good documentation.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I am due for a hearing on the matter soon, I have mixed feelings about this. I need a job but I hated that place. I don't want to go back honestly but I think I should at least fight for my job.

Doug; if I was in your shoes, and I didn't like the job; I would just ask one question: "Does this job prevent me from doing something that I know is God's will for me, for my life?" If the answer was no; then I would fight for my job and if possible keep that job till I could find something better. I am not trying to tell you what to do; just what I would do.

And I can trust"

Doug; if I was in your shoes, and I didn't like the job; I would just ask one question: "Does this job prevent me from doing something that I know is God's will for me, for my life?" If the answer was no; then I would fight for my job and if possible keep that job till I could find something better. I am not trying to tell you what to do; just what I would do.

I don't know if it is Gods will. I did ask Him to find me another job that payed more. Leading up to the incident I had prayed every day not to make any mistakes, even on the day and I still messed up.

Originally Posted By: Overaged

I don't know if it is Gods will. I did ask Him to find me another job that payed more. Leading up to the incident I had prayed every day not to make any mistakes, even on the day and I still messed up.

Sorry to hear this Doug. You prayed on the day it happened and yet God didn't answer. Perhaps that is an answer in it's self.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Well; I can understand your questioning and frustration here. I do know that with me; I have also had the exact same kind of experience; and yet, I always found out later that God actually did know what he was doing, and that he did have a plan for me.

During times like what you describe; i also have seen how changing the direction of my prayers, to more for someone else; and less for me, seemed to turn it around. To sum it up; I would say: Keep Looking Up! We can trust God to see us through.

post-4001-1409674521_thumb.gif

And I can trust"

• Members

Originally Posted By: Overaged

Doug, OA has given you some great advice.

So maybe that was God's answer Doug.

Doug from my point if view, God answers all prayers! It might not be on our time table. I have a prayer about trying to sell my timeshare, which still hasn't been sold on my timetable. I think that's where we go wrong, we think prayers are answered because its not the way we think it should be answered. Anyway Doug, I'm praying for your situation, so know that your in good hands with God.

phkrause

• 2 weeks later...

"This is my plan. I am going to keep my job as long as I can, while looking for full-time work. This part time business isn't working out, I am barely making even, although I am saving about $200 per month. I switched my major to Health Information Technology/Management. I found a school up north, a community college where I can take the class completely online. Once I get my AS I plan to get a job somewhere in the Loma Linda area and get work, then attend LLU to get my BS."

I just read this on your other post. Maybe this is your opportunity to work on the degree you want while looking for another job. If you had to drop chemistry because other people weren't showing up, you were not going to get there from the job you had unless something was different. It's like trying to drive to Hawaii.

Also not showing up for work is way worse than most mistakes, so they just may not want you to be there.

Behold what manner of love the Father hath given unto us.