ClubAdventist is back!

What do you like about Sunday churches?

Woody

Kountzer - please be reminded of the rules of this thread which are no debates and nothing negative.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

This is a thread about the positive things you have witnessed about Sunday churches. I do not want to hear debates. I don't want to hear negatives.

I tend to avoid the ones I don't enjoy - the result is that I do enjoy the ones I attend more than once.

I typically stick with those that have a service just like Adventists - so that limits it to Baptist churches - and community churches that are really Baptist but don't want that name on the sign.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

It's been awhile for me but there were lots of things that I liked even more than most SDA churches. The singing was more energetic and a lot less drone.There are generally more Bible studies and mid-week meetings. Lots of men's (generally absent among SDA's)and women's groups (with a focus apart from promoting leadership roles). And the sermons were usually more of a book by book look at the Bible as opposed to a Topic focused exposition. Many times more practical to the life,but like HB notes, very sparse on deeper committment to the Word. Some like the local Calvary Chapel near me make it a little uncomfortable with their "praise" bands. Are those negatives?

EC, my opinion is this, Once and Adventist, always an Adventist, even if you do not support all the generally agreed upon teachings.
thumbsup

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Your opinion is always welcome EC

I will second that for sure!! keep it coming EC!

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

The last time I visited a sunday church was for my Step Dad's funeral. That was in 2005. I'm trying to remember the last time I actually worshiped on sunday in a sunday church. I am having trouble recalling that. It's been over 20 years.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

Originally Posted By: Woody
Does ANYone have something positive to say about Sunday churches?

They are a lot more friendlier than Adventist Churches....We have soo much on love and how to do love, but ...we are so dysfunctional....Baptist churches have sooo little info on how to love, and they do such a marvelous job of being friendly....

....til you talk doctrine.....then they can't drop you fast enough...

This is an interesting point HB. I also have found that other churches are not so bound to specific doctrines. For some this is refreshing. For others it might not attract. I guess it depends upon your individual needs.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.