ClubAdventist is back!

Frank talk about Adventism

lazarus

I too am curious about the word secular. I wonder if it is just people that are not christian or is it more the agnostic/athiest types.

• Members

I would agree. I think it certainly can be used, as CoAspen pointed out, to instill fear. In that case it is a derogatory term. But that can be said about any label at all.

It can be if we allow it to be that way. I also, as CoAspen, was brought up with that kind of attitute, but again I don't believe its used in a derogatory way. Granted that some do that's for sure. Just like the Jews of Christ's time when anyone not of Jewish descent was called a gentile, there were and probably still are those that used the word gentile in that way. Jesus showed us how to relate to others. That we should treat others as we would like to be treated. There are many non Christians that treat others this way.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

"Experienced" and "prominent" does not always mean balanced and accurate. They made some good points; but then they undid those good points by giving a false picture of the Bible teaching on the "remnant" church. Not sure I should say anymore. I'll probably get enough flak with just this post.

Please say some more. In what way did they give a false picture of the remnant? Obviously their perspective runs counter to the opinions of many on this board. I would love to discuss why they are wrong/right.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Interesting perspectives from experienced figures of prominence.

True doctrine teaches people to live well but when the mind focuses on the great fear of committing mistakes then instead of living well in peace, subtle hypocrisy results. Excessive fear restrains any real learning or growth.

Or perhaps there has been an overloading of counterfeit gems for far too long, right from the start, where I have seen and heard that not only SDA laymen but ministers as well exploit holy pastoral & church professions & activities for the sake of money, livelihood and or as a means of finance to emotionally-bent security, without fear or respect in their hearts, what more for further 'considered' silly moral-spiritual matters.

We are also aware on our quantity driven evangelism with direct effects on unaccounted quality & after conversion services (like after sales services), is this perhaps the source of the trouble?

Test me with thy might but grant me safe passage. Now, who said that?

• Moderators

That was a great presentation.

Where did it take place? At Oakwood University church??

Barry Black is a wonderful preacher/chaplain. And of course Wintley Phipps is a great singing evangelist.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Moderators

I thought you would enjoy this story about Barry Back: When I was deployed to Germany to help with the aeromedical evacuation of the wounded from mostly Iraq, we had different chaplains come by. Once 3 Rabbis came by. When they learned that I was a Seventh-day Adventist, they said that they were big fans of Chapain Black, and would go and hear him preach when ever they could and have copies of his sermons that they use in their ministry as Rabbis and said that they consider him their pastor.

• Administrators

I thought you would enjoy this story about Barry Back: When I was deployed to Germany to help with the aeromedical evacuation of the wounded from mostly Iraq, we had different chaplains come by. Once 3 Rabbis came by. When they learned that I was a Seventh-day Adventist, they said that they were big fans of Chapain Black, and would go and hear him preach when ever they could and have copies of his sermons that they use in their ministry as Rabbis and said that they consider him their pastor.

thumbsup

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

That was a great presentation.

Where did it take place? At Oakwood University church??

I think it was Pastoral Leadership Council At Oakwood

http://www.mysouthwestregion.org/article.php?id=166

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

Fantastic witness! These guys walk the walk.

Einstein