ClubAdventist is back!

The Bridge of the Red Heifer: The Stairway to heaven

jamesonofthunder

heifer_on_mount.jpg

In Mrs. White’s very first vision she wrote;

“While I was praying at the family altar, the Holy Ghost fell upon me, and I seemed to be rising higher and higher, far above the dark world. I turned to look for the Advent people in the world, but could not find them, when a voice said to me, "Look again, and look a little higher." At this I raised my eyes, and saw a straight and narrow path, cast up high above the world. On this path the Advent people were traveling to the city, which was at the farther end of the path. They had a bright light set up behind them at the beginning of the path, which an angel told me was the "midnight cry." [see illustration: notice the fire of the Miphkad altar, where the bright light emanates at the gate of the path] This light shone all along the path, and gave light for their feet; so that they might not stumble…They heard the voice of God tell them the day and the hour… The living saints, 144,000 in number, knew and understood the voice, while the wicked thought it was thunder and an earthquake. When God spoke the time, He poured upon us the Holy Ghost, and our faces began to light up and shine with the glory of God, as Moses' did when he came down from Mount Sinai.” {EW 14.1}

Notice how the 144,000, are introduced at the end of this image of the path high and lifted up, heading to the city at the end of the path, and also how this message is connected to the loud cry? Please always remember that the Altar of the Red Heifer was called the Miphkad altar, meaning “the place of numbering”.

The path that is ‘cast high above the world”, is the Bridge of the Red Heifer which was destroyed by Rome in 70 AD. This message is “the repairing of the breach”.

At the ‘foundation' of the bridge of the Red Heifer, on the east side of the Brook Kedron is the Garden of Gethsemane, where our LORD was “cut off, but not for Himself”. {Daniel 9:26} There He died the second death for us. The valley that the bridge crossed, is called The Kidron, Kedron or Cedron valley; also known as the ‘valley of the shadow of death’ and the ‘Valley of Jehoshaphat’.

This was the same bridge that the Scapegoat was led by the ‘strong man’ to the wilderness of forgetfulness. Mrs. White said the strong man represents the 144,000.

But it is not only the Bridge that is significant in this discovery. At the end of the Bridge of the Red Heifer was an altar and a laver. Located “Outside the camp”, it was the only altar outside of the Holy precinct used in the temple service.

Next to this altar on the top of Mt. Olives, is where Jesus cried as He came to Jerusalem on the donkey’s colt during His triumphal entry and where also He ascended to heaven.