ClubAdventist is back!

The Day Ministry Magazine Went Silent on Abortion

Nic Samojluk

BobRyan wrote:

“Today we have the same value of human life issue raised. Only the individuals at risk are members of all races, both genders. The infant is being targeted in this modern assault on the value of human life.”

Yes, theoretically; but in actual practice most Planned Parenthood are located near black neighborhoods, I am told. Besides, abortion was originally pushed with an agenda in mind: to stop the unrestrained growth of blacks. You may want to read the story of Margaret Sanger.

“I pray that the SDA church will in no way play a hand in support of these crimes against humanity.”

I have been praying with the same goal in mind; nevertheless, the fact is that our Adventist Church did lead the way in the legalization of abortion. Our Castle Memorial Hospital started offering abortions on demand three years before the practice of killing unborn children became legal in the mainland.

Did our church object to this? Not so! It was done with the blessing of the Adventist leadership. If you have any doubt, read the book I recently published. You can find it at http://lulu.com.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nic Samojluk

• doug yowell

• ClubV12

• Overaged

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

By EDWARD LOVETT

April 16, 2012

Deesh Sekhon is an Indian woman. In a way, this alone makes her a survivor.

It's been called gendercide: the elimination of girls through sex-selective abortion, neglect or murder to avoid a deep-set custom in Indian culture -- paying dowry to future husbands' families. According to the United Nations, as many as 50,000 female fetuses are aborted every month in India, and untold numbers of baby girls are abandoned or killed.

In December, Sekhon, a photographer from Abbotsford, British Columbia, whose parents immigrated from India, saw a "20/20" story on gendercide. It featured Unique Home, an orphanage for abandoned girls in Jalandhar, Punjab, where her family is from.

"I had no idea this was happening," she told ABC News. "It motivated me to do something for these girls, and to raise awareness to inspire others to get involved."

Deesh Sekhon

Sekhon started a social media campaign, "Save A Girl," which ran from mid-December 2011 to Jan. 31, 2012. It encouraged people to donate clothes and other goods to be delivered to the girls by members of Sekhon's family on their next trip to India.

On March 15 a group that included Sekhon's father, sister and niece delivered 1,200 items.

"Money is great," said Sekhon, "but I wanted to give the girls things they could hold in their hands – clothes, hair products, undergarments, trinkets girls love. I wanted them to feel nice that someone out there was thinking of them" and the specific things they might need or appreciate.

The girls were joyful, as is apparent in a Youtube video Sekhon created from photos of the visit. Sekhon's niece overheard one girl, who was in tears, say, "At least someone out there cares." Prakash Kaur, who founded and runs Unique Home, kissed a book containing what Sekhon called "Notes of Hope" – cards and letters from donors to Save A Girl.

Unique Home was founded in 1993. Approximately 60 girls, from newborns to teenagers, live there. Some are found in trash cans; many are left in a dedicated drop box near the entrance to the home.

Tom Harrigan, a trustee of UK Friends of Unique Home (Punjab) who facilitated Sekhon's efforts, said via email, "As a result of Deesh's selfless motivation and determination she has helped improve the quality of life for the girls at the Home. She has to be commended on her efforts, not forgetting all those who contributed to the success of her initiative."

Sekhon isn't the only one to have gotten involved. Dr. Manpreet Bains, a California pediatrician of Indian heritage, saw the "20/20" program and soon after founded My Savera, a charitable organization (she has applied for nonprofit status) to help the girls of Unique Home and other abandoned girls, and to raise awareness of gendercide.

Bains' first project was an online fund drive to pay for the birthday celebration Unique Home holds for its girls every April 24. My Savera recently passed its $2,500 goal, Bains told ABC News. Two thousand dollars will be given to Unique Home to pay for food, decorations and a tent. The remainder will buy each girl a personalized box to give them some private space -- something they lack and would likely cherish, Bains said -- as well as toys for the younger girls.

This fall Bains plans to host a screening of "It's A Girl," a documentary film scheduled to be released in 2012 that examines gendercide in India, China and elsewhere.

Bains plans to help other orphanages in the future, and to harness and coordinate interest in the U.S. in helping orphan girls and fighting gendercide. Someone from the U.S. emails her almost daily, she told ABC News via email.

North of the border, Deesh Sekhon is setting up a nonprofit organization to "empower girls like me and the next generation to do bigger things to help these girls," she said. She plans to repeat the Save A Girl drive later this year; her relatives will deliver what it brings in plus some leftover items from the initial drive.

As for her goal of inspiring others to get involved, Sekhon said members of Vancouver's large Indian community are working to bring girls to Canada and pay for their educations, then help them return to India. Others have expressed interest in adopting (although Kaur prohibits adoptions from Unique Home out of fear the girls might be mistreated again). Still others plan to visit Unique Home and other orphanages bearing gifts, something they never would have done before Sekhon's drive and donation because of fears their goodwill would be hampered by local corruption, Sekhon said.

Source and the rest of the article, plus video: http://abcnews.go.com/International/cana...ory?id=16133385

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Members

We need more people like here, to do constructive things rather than just complain.

thumbsup Amen Stan.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

Originally Posted By: Stan
We need more people like here, to do constructive things rather than just complain.

thumbsup Amen Stan.

thumbsupthumbsup

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Administrators

Thank you John317 for sharing Edward Lovett's article. Deesh Sekhon's vision and action is very inspiring.

sometimes when we think there is nothing we can do all we have to do is look at others who followed through on making a difference.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• 1 month later...

Have you considered that if it weren't for pro-life whitleblowers, no one would have started these wonderful programs?

Reporting criminal activity, neglect and abuse moves people and authorities to do something to correct the problem. Do not minimize the value of the media!

Let's not forget how slavery was stopped. It took a lot of people who complained first before anybody moved a finger.

Originally Posted By: Stan

Have you considered that if it weren't for pro-life whitleblowers,

Most "whistle-blowers" don't know how to use their "whistle."

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Most "whistle-blowers" don't know how to use their "whistle."

Fortunately some do. Praise the Lord! Here is a biblical example of a whistleblower with an assignment from above who knew how to use his whistle!

7“Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. 8When I say to the wicked, ‘O wicked man, you will surely die,’ and you do not speak out to dissuade him from his ways, that wicked man will die fora his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 9But if you do warn the wicked man to turn from his ways and he does not do so, he will die for his sin, but you will have saved yourself. [Ezekiel 3]

Whistle-blowing should not be confused with complaining.

Many whistleblowers sacrifice careers, friendships & family ties, for sounding an alarm to danger or injustice.

Sometimes they die that others may live.

Christ was a Whistleblower but not a complainer.

So when SDA's like Teresa Beem, George Lawson, and others start crisis pregnancy centers, Weba, and other abortion related ministries (like the one in India)here in the U.S. that the church (and you)should also recognize their positive contributions to the good of humanity and support their constructive endeavors? And if they are actively involved in those redemptive ministries have they then earned the right to complain about the practices that they are trying to offset?

So when SDA's like Teresa Beem, George Lawson, and others start crisis pregnancy centers, Weba, and other abortion related ministries (like the one in India)here in the U.S. that the church (and you)should also recognize their positive contributions to the good of humanity and support their constructive endeavors? And if they are actively involved in those redemptive ministries have they then earned the right to complain about the practices that they are trying to offset?

post-4001-140967454014_thumb.jpg

And I can trust"

Whistle-blowing should not be confused with complaining.

Many whistleblowers sacrifice careers, friendships & family ties, for sounding an alarm to danger or injustice.

Sometimes they die that others may live.

Christ was a Whistleblower but not a complainer.

Would Patricia Moleski qualify as wistleblower?

Gordon1 wrote:

“Name your terms Nic.”

You suggested there is a basic difference between whistleblowing and complaining, and you posted the requirements for genuine whistleblowing:

“Whistle-blowing should not be confused with complaining. Many whistleblowers sacrifice careers, friendships & family ties, for sounding an alarm to danger or injustice.

Sometimes they die that others may live. Christ was a Whistleblower but not a complainer.”

Now take the case of Patricia Moleski, a former employee of our Adventist Health System [AHS]. She was instructed to falsify the records of patients and employees in order to protect—not the patients and employees rights—but the interest of the corporation and the bonuses of the organization’s CEO’s.

She claims that thousands of deletions were made in the patients’ and employees’ records with impunity. This illegal and criminal activity went on until she said: “I can’t do this.” A patient was overdosed with powerful medication and he jumped from the seventh floor to his death. A baby was overdosed and died. She was ordered to sanitize the patients’ records by deleting the adverse overdosing records.

She refused to follow these orders and was laid off. She reported this to the authorities and the AHS sued her in court alleging that she had accessed confidential information, when her job required such access.

Imagine her situation. She has now been jobless for months and has to defend herself against a 32 billion dollars worth mammoth corporation. She has received death threats, her car was set on fire, and she had to relocate because her life was in danger. A bullet missed her head by inches while sitting in her home.

Given your definition of what whistleblower is, my question to you is: Does she qualify as a whistleblower? Yes, or no?

Those were not whistleblower definitions Nic, but consequences.

If Patricia Moleski is following her Christian conviction to speak out against injustice for the protection of the disadvantaged, her claims should be investigated by independent agencies. Looks like she deserves whistleblower protection and support.

If she's right, she's doing a service to all employees and patients of the Adventist Health System, perhaps the whole nation.

If Patricia Moleski is following her Christian conviction to speak out against injustice for the protection of the disadvantaged, her claims should be investigated by independent agencies. Looks like she deserves whistleblower protection and support.

If she's right, she's doing a service to all employees and patients of the Adventist Health System, perhaps the whole nation.

Well said! These claims by Patricia Moleski are being litigated in court and hopefully the truth will come out. If her claims are valid, then I have a question: Can we trust Adventist Health System [AHS] records?

And I am thinking especially the records of elective abortions performed in Adventist medical institutions. When Ted Wilson spoke to a large group of Adventist retirees over a year ago in the city of Redlands, California, he publicly stated that the number of elective abortions in Adventist hospitals is almost down to zero. Can we trust the assertion made by him? If he is relying on records which are routinely doctored by the AHS, can we believe what he told us about abortion statistics?

When the Redlands meeting was over, I approached him and told him that I was on the verge of publishing my book about abortion and that I needed some statistics to document the claim he had just made about elective abortion in Adventist hospitals. He suggested that I write to Dr. Handysides at the General Conference. I did, but got no response; I followed with another letter and one addressed to Ted Wilson. Over a year has gone by, and I am still waiting for a response.

then I have a question: Can we trust Adventist Health System [AHS] records?

On the surface it's a fair question Nic. But incomplete.

The real question: Who can one trust?

God hates lies & dishonesty. We can trust Christ.

My point is this: If we cannot rely on the records kept by our Adventist Health System [AHS], then we cannot rely either on what Ted Wilson said a year ago in the city of Redlands about elective abortions being “almost zero” in our Adventist hospitals.

Wilson relies on the information he gets from our AHS, but the people in charge of said entity, according to Patricia Moleski, are doctoring their records on a routine basis, which means that their records are not trustworthy. The logical consequence is that what Wilson says about elective abortions cannot be relied upon either.

I recently received some abortion statistics from an independent public entity which I will share ASAP. It is a sad day when we cannot trust our own Adventist records and are forced to rely on independent sources for such information.

You haven't proved a thing here.

post-4001-140967454029_thumb.jpg

And I can trust"

When the Redlands meeting was over, I approached him and told him that I was on the verge of publishing my book about abortion and that I needed some statistics to document the claim he had just made about elective abortion in Adventist hospitals. He suggested that I write to Dr. Handysides at the General Conference. I did, but got no response; I followed with another letter and one addressed to Ted Wilson. Over a year has gone by, and I am still waiting for a response.

Always "on the verge" of some big proof but never quite getting there...You will likely wait another year. They are smart enough to not deal with people who have such crooked webs to weave.

And I can trust"

"On the verge"? I did publish my book, but I had to rely on statistics provided by an independent public entity. I am glad I did not wait on statistics coming from the General

Conference.

Had I done that, I would be publishing statistics which had been doctored and sanitized by our Adventist Health

System. My suspiction is that you have not watched the report given by Patricis Moleski describing the alleded illegal and corrupt behavior of those in charge of the AHS record keeping.