ClubAdventist is back!

Obama Quotes scripture to say :

that we should be paying more taxes.

Go figure.

Do I hear any Jeremiah Wright comments here?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• olger

• bonnie

• Woody

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And what would that scripture be?

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Yeah yeah, I know. Jesus wants us to pay higher taxes. This from the same guy that said America is no longer a Christian nation.

How disgusting and shameless can one person get. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.

Yeah yeah, I know. Jesus wants us to pay higher taxes. This from the same guy that said America is no longer a Christian nation.

How disgusting and shameless can one person get. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.

Yes and as it turns out - Obama was not a good preacher. When he was quoting scripture - he halted and struggled to read his lines. You could tell he wanted to quote it accurately - and he had a tough time. Have you heard it?

I believe in Hematology.

Since that's what Jesus said, no need to bring in J. Wright.

Where did Jesus say ANYTHING about needing to pay higher taxes. We are already required to give Caesar more than what should be due.

• Moderators

He did say 'render unto Caesar', and he did *not* say 'wrangle with Caesar about how much'. He also said 'give more than is asked for'. And a whole lot more.

Truth is important

Originally Posted By: Bravus
Since that's what Jesus said, no need to bring in J. Wright.

Where did Jesus say ANYTHING about needing to pay higher taxes. We are already required to give Caesar more than what should be due.

Most understand that Jesus was talking about christian obligation.Not the government determining what that should be.

What makes anyone think that higher taxes is what Jesus intended as being generous with the blessings one has?

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Originally Posted By: Bravus
He also said 'give more than is asked for'.

Not to Caesar He didn't. Don't try to confuse things by misquoting the Bible.

Truth good.

og out.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Our government is becoming an insurance company with an army.

g

More and more SDA's seem to want the government to determine their christian obligations.

Makes me more sure than ever when my dad said,Not to worry about those outside the church,be aware of those sitting in the pew next to you. When they say it should be a law,start looking up if you hadn't been before.

Got to wonder what the fear of the "religious right" is

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Moderators

Matthew 5:

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[h] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Verse 41: who could force a person to go a mile? A Roman soldier. Caesar, in practical terms.

It is not a long bow to connect Verse 42 with Verse 41. It doesn't mean *only* giving what is asked in taxes, of course, but that's part of what it means.

The underlying theme is not being tied to this world by grasping on to material things, but releasing the material to grasp the eternal.

Truth is important

what some will do - just to support Obama.

shameful

I believe in Hematology.

Bingo!

BTW, I voted for Obama, folks. I think I'll vote for him again.

What??? The "bingo" King is back.

Way cool

I believe in Hematology.

And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well.

And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles.

Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

Mat 5:40-42

Doesn't say one word about it being a Roman soldier. Those are your words ONLY Bravus. You shouldn't do that. I thought you were all about honesty.

Originally Posted By: Woody

Way cool

Way cool? An Obama voter? saywa

Well - I just like having him around for other reasons. I have to confess that his politics are really messed up. But then no one is perfect.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
Well - I just like having him around for other reasons. I have to confess that his politics are really messed up. But then no one is perfect.

Yes Woody - I agree.

I like having Richard around - even though his theology is messed up. rollingsmile

I believe in Hematology.