ClubAdventist is back!

Whitney Houston dead at 48

• Members

Wow that's sad. :(

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

All of that talent ... gone (:

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

It will be interesting to find out what her cause of death was.

It's obviously not old age.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
If you have the money and the fame, and the talent, why resort to drugs?

That's the devil lying, that those are the things that make one satisfied.

"And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.”"Matt 4:9 NKJV

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members

Good question Gerry. For me it comes down to people are searching but have no idea what they are really looking for.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

For me it boils down to this. If a person doesn't have God in their life, or have any kind of real connection or relationship with Him, then what else is there?

There is nothing else that can fill that hole in the middle with the wind blowing through it. They might as well do drugs. What's it really going to hurt in the long run? It may shorten their life of course.

• Moderators

Because money, fame and talent are not enough.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Members

For me it boils down to this. If a person doesn't have God in their life, or have any kind of real connection or relationship with Him, then what else is there?

There is nothing else that can fill that hole in the middle with the wind blowing through it. They might as well do drugs. What's it really going to hurt in the long run? It may shorten their life of course.

Good point RLH

phkrause

Originally Posted By: Gerry Cabalo

Because money, fame and talent are not enough.

My point exactly.

Because everybody expects you to be larger than life, and since drugs make you feel that way its easier for some to live up to that image with them. For others I think its the only way to shut out the world around them.

Its really sad that so many amazingly talented people go down that route.

• Administrators

Word has it that 3 psychiatric drugs were found in her room, Xanax, Lorezapam (sp?) and Valium... I wondered if it wasn't searching for something in life but rather if she was tortured in a way that so many are.

I feel sadness over this, too.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I was not a fan, but there is no denying her unbelievable levels of talent. So often you have people that either have a ton of soul to their voice but not a lot of range, or lots of range and no soul....... she was the whole package.

• Moderators

Word has it that 3 psychiatric drugs were found in her room, Xanax, Lorezapam (sp?) and Valium...

Interesting to see that it may have been LEGAL drugs that killed rather than illegal.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Hot dink! That girl could sing!--and act too. What a tragic, tragic waste.

She covered Parton's song like it was her own. Made it her own. Fabulous.

Times we're better off without love, than looking for it in all the

wrong places - or with all the wrong somebodies...

Makes one wonder who, touching distance closeby, is hurting bad, real bad.

Should behoove all of us to revisit our own lives.

I wasn't a big fan of Whitney Houston, but I did appreciate some of her songs. Quite often I don't notice great talent until it is long gone. Perhaps that will be the case with Whitney. The song I posted is probably my favorite by her. I didn't think too much of it the first time I heard it. I saw the movie The Preacher's Wife, where it was performed, and I thought it was sort of meh, or obligatory. Later I heard Nita say how much she liked the song. Then I heard it again on the radio. That's when that song became a favorite. I heard it some more on you tube. I even it embedded on some web sites I frequent.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

• Members

She was always a favorite of mine. She reminded me a lot of Barbra Streisand. She had overall talent, not just singing, unfortunately hung out with bad influence's. Don't recall any history with Barbra having drug issues, illegal or legal drugs. Only God knows where her heart was and will judge accordingly. Like one person mentioned in an interview, the choir in heaven will be that much better, or something to that effect. And that was a great song, Kountzer, thanks for posting it.

phkrause