ClubAdventist is back!

????

Naomi

• Administrators

Does a leopard change it's spots?

just asking ...................

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

No, but a person can by the power of Jesus.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Administrators

No, but a different cat does not have the same spots...

LOLROFLROFLLOL

just asking ...................

If they get made into a coat for somebody they might??? scared

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

The only person I can change is me... and I need God's help to do that. I can't change my spouse and if I am honest, I have to admit I can't change my kids either. What my spouse does is really none of my business. She is her own person, makes her own decisions is accountable to God. My children are part of my business only to the degree that God has entrusted me to raise them in the knowledge of Him and provide for them until they are of age to provide for themselves. But even there, I have to let my children make their mistakes and hopefully learn from them. The only person I really have control over is myself and that control is only possible trough God.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

The only person I can change is me... and I need God's help to do that. I can't change my spouse and if I am honest, I have to admit I can't change my kids either. What my spouse does is really none of my business. She is her own person, makes her own decisions is accountable to God. My children are part of my business only to the degree that God has entrusted me to raise them in the knowledge of Him and provide for them until they are of age to provide for themselves. But even there, I have to let my children make their mistakes and hopefully learn from them. The only person I really have control over is myself and that control is only possible trough God.

How can you change yourself?

It is impossible.

You were born "in Adam".

And everyone that was born "in Adam" is condemned to death based on that simple fact alone...

Trying to change that nature, will not remove the fact it has to be destroyed.

That is what it means "can a leopard change its spots?"

Originally Posted By: Shane
The only person I can change is me... and I need God's help to do that.

With man this is impossible but with God all things are possible. Can a leopard changes his spots??? With God's help he most certainly can.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Administrators

A person can be changed by beholding is what is said in 2 Cor.3:18. In that verse it talks about being changed into something good, but I'd be willing to say it works both ways, depending on the object you are beholding.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Originally Posted By: Twilight II

With man this is impossible but with God all things are possible. Can a leopard changes his spots??? With God's help he most certainly can.

The "old man" isn't changed by God.

He is crucified...

Put to death.

:-)

A person can be changed by beholding is what is said in 2 Cor.3:18. In that verse it talks about being changed into something good, but I'd be willing to say it works both ways, depending on the object you are beholding.

Indeed we are "changed", not "improved"...

Jeremiah's own answer is noteworthy "then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil."(Je 13:23)

Ultimately you can make yourself what you choose.

Quote:

He is crucified...

Put to death.

In essence that is the Truth. However since that which is dead cannot give evidence of anything worth remembering, I like to dwell on the subsequent reality.

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV

"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature."

Galatians 6:15 KJV

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

Quote:

He is crucified...

Put to death.

In essence that is the Truth. However since that which is dead cannot give evidence of anything worth remembering, I like to dwell on the subsequent reality.

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV

"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature."

God blesses! peace

Yes Life, I must agree that dwelling on the new person is the good news reality which should be celebrated.

Quote:

He is crucified...

Put to death.

God blesses! peace

Indeed.

But the foundation is one of death.

Only then can life be received.

Originally Posted By: LifeHiscost

God blesses! peace

Yes Life, I must agree that dwelling on the new person is the good news reality which should be celebrated.

I think it is of equal weight to "know" we are dead in Christ and then to "reckon" on that knowing.

Rom 6:6 and 6:11.

It is impossible.

Through the will sin retains its hold upon us. While there is no power in the "unaided" human will Christ has made the way by which the will of the human being is freed. No sooner than we choose to surrender up our will to Christ than the divine aid is supplied us. Therefore you can make yourself what you choose.

You were born "in Adam".

And everyone that was born "in Adam" is condemned to death based on that simple fact alone...

Trying to change that nature, will not remove the fact it has to be destroyed.

Thankfully being born "in Adam" does not mean that we are condemned to the "second death".

Bonnie

That which was in Adam was taken to the cross and crucified.

It wasn't our "sinful deeds" that was taken to the cross, but our "sinful nature".

The "old man" cannot perform the functions of the "new man", with or without "faith".

Mark :-)

Originally Posted By: Evangeliser

Through the will sin retains its hold upon us. While there is no power in the "unaided" human will Christ has made the way by which the will of the human being is freed. No sooner than we choose to surrender up our will to Christ than the divine aid is supplied us. Therefore you can make yourself what you choose.

You were born "in Adam".

Trying to change that nature' date=' will not remove the fact it has to be destroyed.

Thankfully being born "in Adam" does not mean that we are condemned to the "second death".

Bonnie

That which was in Adam was taken to the cross and crucified.

It wasn't our "sinful deeds" that was taken to the cross, but our "sinful nature".

The "old man" cannot perform the functions of the "new man", with or without "faith".

Mark :-)[/quote']

Please clarify the statement "everyone that was born "in Adam" is condemned to death based on that simple fact alone...". Which death did you have in mind - the first or the second death?

Do you identify with the idea that mankind inherits the actual guilt of Adam's transgression in line with the Augustinian/Calvinistic understanding of original sin and taught in terms of original guilt whereby mankind is accounted guilty and condemned to the "second death" (annihilation in Hell fire) based on Adam's sin without reference to personal sins committed by the individual. Or do you identify with the idea that mankind is condemned to the first, temporal death only as a result of Adams transgression. Or possibly the hybrid Sequeira view whereby the second death has passed to all mankind "in Adam" without inheriting his guilt. Please be specific - which death is mankind condemned to as a result of Adams sin?

Bonnie

Please clarify the statement "everyone that was born "in Adam" is condemned to death based on that simple fact alone...". Which death did you have in mind - the first or the second death?

Do you identify with the idea that mankind inherits the actual guilt of Adam's transgression in line with the Augustinian/Calvinistic understanding of original sin and taught in terms of original guilt whereby mankind is accounted guilty and condemned to the "second death" (annihilation in Hell fire) based on Adam's sin without reference to personal sins committed by the individual. Or do you identify with the idea that mankind is condemned to the first, temporal death only as a result of Adams transgression. Or possibly the hybrid Sequeira view whereby the second death has passed to all mankind "in Adam" without inheriting his guilt. Please be specific - which death is mankind condemned to as a result of Adams sin?

Bonnie

When Adam sinned the entire world was lost (condemned to the 2nd death). Jesus referred to the 1st death (death of the body) as sleep John 11:11-14.

It’s hard to imagine that God would condemn the entire world to the 2nd death for something that we had no part in but the facts are that we are born into this world as guilty sinners condemned to die.

If Adam only passed on the 1st death to the world then there would really be no need for a savior who would come and endure the 2nd death on the cross in our place.

Do you identify with the idea that mankind inherits the actual guilt of Adam's transgression in line with the Augustinian/Calvinistic understanding of original sin

Where I disagree with the concept of ‘original sin’ is in the fact that what Christ has done for the human race is omitted.

Catholics would baptize infants because of the condemned life inherited by Adam but would ignore the sinless and righteous life that has been inherited by the 2nd Adam.

So there are two possible outcomes for every child of Adam – the condemned life of the 1st Adam or the sinless and uncondemned life of the 2nd Adam.

The Holy Spirit ministers to every human being. The ones who surrender to this influence are led to the righteous life of Christ. The ones who resist and rebel are stuck with the condemned life they are born with.