• M. T. Cross

• LifeHiscost

• doug yowell

• Overaged

• Administrators

Can understand

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

I don't see any problem there -

It would be like a pastor in the 1800's condemning slavery no matter the other denominations and political parties that are in favor of slavery and opposed to the value of human life.

What is not to like?

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Well Bob, considering I posted this in the Religious Liberties forum, it should be apparent that I don't like it because you have a man that could become president of the U.S. of A applauding a man that says only people of one religion should be allowed to live in that nation. A nation that has this right in their very constitution.

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

What is to like about it?

• Members

It would be like a pastor in the 1800's condemning slavery no matter the other denominations and political parties that are in favor of slavery and opposed to the value of human life.

What is not to like?

in Christ,

Bob

I can agree Bob with "whats not to like" but I can't agree with I see "no problem there." If this was a church setting and the preacher was making his point and following the principles of the Bible, that's fine. But its not in a church its a political setting, there are many other people living in the US of A than Christians. As an Adventist I can see where this is headed, a union of church and state. Lets just rile the people up and force all to be Christian and worship together on a particular day. Sound familiar?

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

I can agree Bob with "whats not to like" but I can't agree with I see "no problem there." If this was a church setting and the preacher was making his point and following the principles of the Bible, that's fine. But its not in a church its a political setting, there are many other people living in the US of A than Christians. As an Adventist I can see where this is headed, a union of church and state. Lets just rile the people up and force all to be Christian and worship together on a particular day. Sound familiar?

The union of church and state is around the corner. The USA was founded on religious freedom; freedom to worship as an individual choice.

When we fall into the mindset that all should agree on what, when or where to worship most will not like it. There have been many examples of State Churches ... how did that work for the majority?

I must endorse Ec's original statement, " I shudder..."

• Administrators

Religious liberty, to be true, must apply to all religions.

thumbsup

The union of church and state is around the corner. The USA was founded on religious freedom; freedom to worship as an individual choice.

When we fall into the mindset that all should agree on what, when or where to worship most will not like it. There have been many examples of State Churches ... how did that work for the majority?

I must endorse Ec's original statement, " I shudder..."

Yet,our society has for decades now been waging a successful war on religious teachings and practices. The most recent attempts to force the RCC to compromise their religious beliefs on contraception,the governmental imposition of same sex marriage,federally funded support for abortion, the government mandated teaching of evolution and prohibition of creation science,the removal of traditional Christian symbols from public properties, the expulsion of church groups (renting)using public facilities,the governmental requirement that public textbooks now include a positive portrayal of LGBT"s,ad nausium...So where is the imminent danger of freedom to worship coming from,those who oppose the above practices? Rick Santorum? Republican's?

• Members

Yet,our society has for decades now been waging a successful war on religious teachings and practices. The most recent attempts to force the RCC to compromise their religious beliefs on contraception,the governmental imposition of same sex marriage,federally funded support for abortion, the government mandated teaching of evolution and prohibition of creation science,the removal of traditional Christian symbols from public properties, the expulsion of church groups (renting)using public facilities,the governmental requirement that public textbooks now include a positive portrayal of LGBT"s,ad nausium...So where is the imminent danger of freedom to worship coming from,those who oppose the above practices? Rick Santorum? Republican's?

I agree, slowly but surely, without realizing it or maybe they are realizing it, but Satan is definitely doing his best. As far as who, you ask, I'd say all not just the republican's.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Yep, I would agree EC. Just as people want the posters here (this forum) to identify themselves, so too is it wrong for citizens of America to do the same. Heck, then why don't all of those who call themselves Christians leave America if they want to violate the bill of rights?

It is because of people like this is why I can't call myself a Christian any longer. I am a follower of Jesus and I seriously doubt if many people know the difference.

Webster knows what Christian means:

Quote:
"a person who believes in Jesus Christ; adherent of Christianity."

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Why should there be Christian teachings in public schools, Christian symbols on public properties, should textbooks include a negative portrayal of LGBT's?

Public teachings and properties should be kept free of any religious reference. Not Christian, not Pagan, not Muslim - not any. As for the positive portrayal of the Gay community...... Is there not enough hate in this world already?

What I don't understand is the need of gays to go around saying "I'm gay - I'm gay". You don't find heterosexuals going around saying "I'm heterosexual - I'm heterosexual". Really - what one does behind closed doors - can be kept behind closed doors.

The gay movement seems to be an "in your face" movement.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Why should there be Christian teachings in public schools, Christian symbols on public properties, should textbooks include a negative portrayal of LGBT's?

Public teachings and properties should be kept free of any religious reference. Not Christian, not Pagan, not Muslim - not any. As for the positive portrayal of the Gay community...... Is there not enough hate in this world already?

EC I can agree with you on the first part, there should be no teaching of any belief system in public schools or public properties. On the gay issue; I also believe this should not be an issue in our schools.

Sociology can be taught without addressing specific groups.

• Administrators

What I don't understand is the need of gays to go around saying "I'm gay - I'm gay". You don't find heterosexuals going around saying "I'm heterosexual - I'm heterosexual". Really - what one does behind closed doors - can be kept behind closed doors.

The gay movement seems to be an "in your face" movement.

I have and have had gay friends, co-workers, etc.. Many I respected highly. However, I do agree with you Woody ... why advertise your preferences. Enough with the "in your face" movement!

Originally Posted By: EmptyCross

EC I can agree with you on the first part, there should be no teaching of any belief system in public schools or public properties. On the gay issue; I also believe this should not be an issue in our schools.

Sociology can be taught without addressing specific groups.

I totally agree, its pretty simple. Respect people regardless and sometimes in spite of religion, colour, creed, sexual preferance.

However if they insist on addressing specific groups I would rather see it done in a positive light rather than negative.

What is not to like?

in Christ,

Bob

I totally agree, its pretty simple. Respect people regardless and sometimes in spite of religion, colour, creed, sexual preferance.

However if they insist on addressing specific groups I would rather see it done in a positive light rather than negative.

So respect for murderers, rapists, prostitutes and thieves because after all - they are all people. I agree with that as it turns out.

But I do not allow my respect for each person as a human being - hinder my obligation to name something that is wrong, no not even if that wrong thing may be popular and have a political action group social engineering in favor of it.

in Christ,

Bob

• Administrators

Yes, I also agree that if specific groups must be addressed it should be done in a positive light. However, my issue is that unfortunately it is most difficult for an individual to instruct without injecting their own personal beliefs. IMO There is no simple solution to this issue.

Bob, we all have skeletons in our closet, things we have at least thought of that make us no better than the next person. Some just make better choices.

I am always intrigued how prostitutes end up in the mix with the rest of the criminals. Perhaps thats because I have known (no not in the biblical sense) a fair number of them and know how they ended up where they did. So I may have a different view.

Public teachings and properties should be kept free of any religious reference.

Well; I like a lot of what you said here; but I have to disagree with this one. It seems pretty dramatic to try to take "religious reference" away from people who desire/need use of public teachings and properties.

Religion is part of who people are; it is just too hard, and much too impractical to try to take it away from people or to remove it from a part of where we all spend a lot of our time, infact half of our life.

Religion, per se, is not the problem, is it?

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

This Pastor's attitude stinks.

As an Adventist, I find it interesting that he is supporting a Roman Catholic politician...

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ