ClubAdventist is back!

The Equality Hub Bub

Overaged

A group of trick-or-treaters comes to my door and I invite them all in to pick whatever candy they want for their bags. The next group of kids is refused entrance and given only a single piece each for their bag. Equally treated? Was I doing something "wrong" by not inviting every group of kids into my home?

thumbsup

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Overaged

• lazarus

• doug yowell

• Woody

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A group of trick-or-treaters comes to my door and I invite them all in to pick whatever candy they want for their bags. The next group of kids is refused entrance and given only a single piece each for their bag. Equally treated? Was I doing something "wrong" by not inviting every group of kids into my home?

Each recieved at least 1 candy=equal

Some were allowed to pick, others were not=not equal treatment

Some were invited in, others were not=not equal treatment

Right or wrong does not enter into that equation. Definitions have been given for equality and inequlaity but still people keep asking for more definitions. It seems to me answers are not wanted but rather to just keep ignoring obvious situations and look for agreement with one's own personal opinion.

Catch-22 is at work!!!

heavysigh

Quote:
Was I doing something "wrong" by not inviting every group of kids into my home?

This IS the question that is before us.

I believe in Hematology.

Ohhhhhh, so now we have changed from being equal to 'is it right or wrong' to discriminate! Gotcha! Still catch-22 because each person will want to use their own definition of that word! We have laws, for the benefit of society, that outline what discrimination is under certain conditions. As Christians we try to go even further and apply the teaching of Christ and hopefully the leading of the H*S. So, should not the follower of God be able to discern what is best for the other person? The words of Christ seem to be rather clear or maybe He just mumbled them or obfusicated!!! Don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators

I plan to prepare a good meal of scones and smoothies tomorrow. And while I know this is a very popular menu item - I reserve the right to invite whom I choose to MY meal.

Nice but beside the point.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

]In 1912, yes. In 1962, no doubt. In 2012,I'm going,nope 2.Probably the same answer for the past 25+ years.

Now you are part of the disadvantaged majority.

bwink

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

Other than not being able to join that particular golf club,how is the non-member disadvantaged?

That's funny. thumbsup

Einstein

Originally Posted By: doug yowell

Each recieved at least 1 candy=equal

Some were allowed to pick, others were not=not equal treatment

Some were invited in, others were not=not equal treatment

Right or wrong does not enter into that equation. Definitions have been given for equality and inequlaity but still people keep asking for more definitions. It seems to me answers are not wanted but rather to just keep ignoring obvious situations and look for agreement with one's own personal opinion.

Catch-22 is at work!!!

heavysigh

I'm not disagreeing. In today's PC talk equality/inequality (i.e.fairness??)seems to be rather defined as moral/immoral when one is complaining about the inequality. Just trying to get some clarity on where or when inequality transgresses the moral code. Is the fact that OA is better looking than Gerry a moral inequality on OA's part because it may give him some advantages with the girls?

Doug! I am appalled! Your Halloween What Ifs have nothing to do with equality.!!

post-4001-140967453445_thumb.jpg

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

The grapevine has been proven wrong again. OA - you look far better than what people are saying about you. Thanks for the pic.

I believe in Hematology.

Disadvantaged because I don't get perks for being a white,male or disadvantaged because most other groups of the disadvantaged get the advantages for being disadvantaged that disadvantaged white males can no longer get because they are now disadvantaged?

Doug! I am appalled! Your Halloween What Ifs have nothing to do with equality.!!

Depends on your meaning of equality,right? Women reporters charge inequality when banned from men's locker rooms after the game.Women tennis players demand equality in tourney purses. Any real relationship to equality?

The grapevine has been proven wrong again. OA - you look far better than what people are saying about you. Thanks for the pic.

LOL, atleast I am clean-shaven! thumbsup

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Originally Posted By: Woody

LOL, atleast I am clean-shaven! thumbsup

I'd hate to see what Gerry looks like.

Originally Posted By: lazarus

Disadvantaged because I don't get perks for being a white,male or disadvantaged because most other groups of the disadvantaged get the advantages for being disadvantaged that disadvantaged white males can no longer get because they are now disadvantaged?

EXCELLENT summary of the truly disadvantaged. The long forsaken and long over looked disenfranchised.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: lazarus

So what does it matter that you don't get the perks. What are you going to lose besides not getting the perks. Why should you be looking at what other people have? If you work hard you can be anything you want to be.

Einstein

• Moderators

Just trying to get some clarity on where or when inequality transgresses the moral code.

I thought you had drawn the conclusion that It never does. Weirdly, you do seem to be complaining about others getting better treatment. I thought you rejected the equality hub bub.

Einstein

Quote:
So what does it matter that you don't get the perks. What are you going to lose besides not getting the perks. Why should you be looking at what other people have? If you work hard you can be anything you want to be.

:like:

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
EXCELLENT summary of the truly disadvantaged. The long forsaken and long over looked disenfranchised.

Seeking some clarity....just who has been disenfranchised? The post you refered too, had alot of the word 'disenfranchised' but want to make sure whom we are tralking about. It seems to be saying 'white male' but that is most likely not 'whom' we are talking about, is it?

Now you're talkin!!Preach it brother!!(except for the last part)

Why would you think that? I've never even hinted at that. Gettin a little paranoid' date='laz??
Quote:
Weirdly, you do seem to be complaining about others getting better treatment.
Nothin weirdly about it.I wasn't complaining I was just noting that objectively their are inequalities in this life. Not all of them are directed at me or anyone else. I play basketball too ya know.
Quote:
I thought you rejected the equality hub bub. [/quote'] I might if someone would clarify just exactly what the hub bub is that we're talking about.......OA

Seeking some clarity....just who has been disenfranchised? The post you refered too, had alot of the word 'disenfranchised'

• Moderators

...... CEO's. ....? I cant take the suspense.

Einstein

• Moderators

So evidently there is no equality hub bub.

Einstein