ClubAdventist is back!

It's the Hoodie's fault?

• Moderators

Geraldo Rivera: "I think the hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martin's death as George Zimmerman was."

Is he nuts?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• bonnie

• lazarus

• SivartM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Yes.

That logic falls into the category of nonsense that a rape victim gets what she deserves because of the way she dressed...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Crazy.

What a terrible senseless death.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Geraldo Rivera: "I think the hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martin's death as George Zimmerman was."

Is he nuts?

He does have a way of putting his foot in his mouth. Don't get me wrong, I like Geraldo, but he does/say some stupid things.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Is he nuts?

While I feel that the gunman seemed trigger-happy and could have fired at least a warning shot, I'll go out on a limb and say that Geraldo MAY have a point. I am in no way saying it gave Zimmerman the right to shoot Trayvon. I have no idea what message the hoodie sends, but if the hoodie is strongly symbolic in a negative way, what message are we sending out with our attire and appearance? Dress like a bum and see how well you are treated. Dress and act like prostitute and see how many propositions you get. To say that how I look and act should have no bearing on how people react to me is not reality.

If the roles were reversed, & Geo. Zimmerman was walking down the street, carrying a package of skittles, & wearing a hoodie, or whatever. And Trayvon Martin drove up carrying a 9mm pistol, gives chase and shoots and kills George.

In this reverse scenario Trayvon Martin would of been arrested hour one, day one. He would be sitting in a county jail right now, awaiting trail and sentencing and a quick trip to death row.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

If the roles were reversed, & Geo. Zimmerman was walking down the street, carrying a package of skittles, & wearing a hoodie, or whatever. And Trayvon Martin drove up carrying a 9mm pistol, gives chase and shoots and kills George.

In this reverse scenario Trayvon Martin would of been arrested hour one, day one. He would be sitting in a county jail right now, awaiting trail and sentencing and a quick trip to death row.

This is a typical racial type of response. To think that Blacks are put down and Hispanics are lifted up. Not something I would subscribe to. It doesn't serve any purpose but to make divisions between Blacks and Hispanics.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Definitely.

His grandma's house raided too.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

I have no idea what message the hoodie sends, but if the hoodie is strongly symbolic in a negative way, what message are we sending out with our attire and appearance? Dress like a bum and see how well you are treated.

You don't know what message a hoodie sends, really? How about this one...

AotgYEeCIAIWydX.jpg

Einstein

Photoshop does wonders these days.

I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: Kountzer

This is a typical racial type of response. To think that Blacks are put down and Hispanics are lifted up. Not something I would subscribe to. It doesn't serve any purpose but to make divisions between Blacks and Hispanics.

Racial profiling is definitely a contributing factor in this tragedy, but people are focusing on side issues instead of the facts. Even if it had been a white guy who shot and killed another white person, the fact remains a murder was committed.

You had a nut case in a car, carrying a 9mm pistol, who happens to be half caucasian and half hispanic who decides to shoot and kill someone vigilante style. And he's getting away with it! That's scarry.

Frederick Douglass

• Administrators

You had a nut case in a car, carrying a 9mm pistol, who happens to be half caucasian and half hispanic who decides to shoot and kill someone vigilante style. And he's getting away with it! That's scary.

And I believe a criminal record, to boot.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

In the 70s I used to like Geraldo Rivera as a gutsy reporter. That lasted until he came out with his autobiography and his Jerry Springer-style TV program...

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Do we know if Trayvon Martin is black or half black? People call Obama black when he is only half black. So - I wonder if this is the case here. And it is important because some are trying to promote the idea that the shooter was only half Hispanic. Wow. Should all this ethnic mush really matter?

I believe in Hematology.

From what I've read, his dad, Zimmerman, is white, his mother hispanic.

Frederick Douglass

does it matter?

I believe in Hematology.

Zimmerman's Dad was quick to say that his son is not caucasian, but is a spanish speaking hispanic. They are trying to avoid the label of a white on black hate crime. If it is determined to be a hate crime the Feds can get involved.

With all that considered, yes, it does matter.

Frederick Douglass

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Zimmerman's Dad was quick to say that his son is not caucasian, but is a spanish speaking hispanic. They are trying to avoid the label of a white on black hate crime. If it is determined to be a hate crime the Feds can get involved.

With all that considered, yes, it does matter.

IF we follow the ethnic rules that Blacks abide by - if you are half black then you are called black (the president Obama rule) then the same should apply for Hispanics.

I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: Kountzer

does it matter?

Yes it does matter. It may be a question of perspective over reality. In the day in which we live, it does matter. You might have a better question if you ask 'should it matter?'

The answer to that is of course, 'no'.

Thanks Bonnie.

People often have an agenda that clouds their judgment and they are so judgment hungry and hate filled that they want to PRE-judge issues they know nothing about.

Praise God we are a country of laws and we don't just go out and hang someone just because we have an agenda.

I believe in Hematology.

Thanks Bonnie.

People often have an agenda that clouds their judgment and they are so judgment hungry and hate filled that they want to PRE-judge issues they know nothing about.

Praise God we are a country of laws and we don't just go out and hang someone just because we have an agenda.

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

Originally Posted By: Woody
Thanks Bonnie.

Meanwhile, one day earlier...

Originally Posted By: Woody
Crazy.

What a terrible senseless death.

Anyway, none of us know whether this one witness is accurate; I believe there were also witnesses who claim otherwise, although I could be wrong. It would be curious, I think, for Martin to attack Zimmerman with... what, skittles? Not to mention that Zimmerman was chasing him with a gun.

I agree with the statement that if Zimmerman were black he would have been arrested. I don't see how anyone can deny the proven racial bias in our society.

Yes. And I still say that.

I believe in Hematology.

What I am not going along with is all this racial hate stuff.

It does remain "senseless".

And .........

The racial stuff is about as senseless as this killing was.

I believe in Hematology.