ClubAdventist is back!

It's the Hoodie's fault?

• Moderators

If Trayvon was white, would he be alive?

It's a simple question, without an absolute answer, but I'd say the balance of probabilities is 'Yes'.

Given that, race is a central issue, not a peripheral one being dragged in.

Truth is important

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• bonnie

• lazarus

• SivartM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: Gerry Cabalo
I have no idea what message the hoodie sends, but if the hoodie is strongly symbolic in a negative way, what message are we sending out with our attire and appearance? Dress like a bum and see how well you are treated.

You don't know what message a hoodie sends, really? How about this one...

I honestly don't. I am not into the latest subculture slang or terms.

• Administrators

Here is the reality, sad to say...

The Talk...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: Kountzer
Zimmerman's Dad was quick to say that his son is not caucasian, but is a spanish speaking hispanic. They are trying to avoid the label of a white on black hate crime. If it is determined to be a hate crime the Feds can get involved.

With all that considered, yes, it does matter.

IF we follow the ethnic rules that Blacks abide by - if you are half black then you are called black (the president Obama rule) then the same should apply for Hispanics.

My observation is that Hispanics range in appearance from the blond, blue-ed Nordic type to the pure native American and everything else in between since there was amalgamation between the two. After all, it was Europeans especially the Portugese & Spaniards who colonized the southern USA down to S. America. Even social scientist are confused as to how to classify them in terms of race.

If Zimmerman had stayed his psycho 'self' in his car none of this would of happened. Trayvon was walking back from a convenience store, minding his business, carrying a soft drink and a package of skittles. He was doing nothing wrong, except in the mind of Zimmerman. To him he was guilty of walking while black, nothing else.

Also witnesses lie. I find it hard to believe that a skinny 140lb teen could overcome a 28 year old, 200 lb. grown man. Something smells funny. And if he did beat down Zimmerman it was in self defense. He did not bring the confrontation on. The nut case with the gun did.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

The Talk...

Thing is Zimmerman is not a police officer. He's just a wanna be with a gun.

Frederick Douglass

• Administrators

Originally Posted By: Tom Wetmore

The Talk...

Thing is Zimmerman is not a police officer. He's just a wanna be with a gun.

And that along with the asinine "stand your ground" law compounds the crime IMHO. That some untrained wanna be enforcer is permitted to carry a weapon doing neighborhood watch.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

TRAYcarlson.jpg

Frederick Douglass

• Members

If Trayvon was white, would he be alive?

It's a simple question, without an absolute answer, but I'd say the balance of probabilities is 'Yes'.

Given that, race is a central issue, not a peripheral one being dragged in.

Excellent point Bravus

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Yes Richard. Very telling. I agree. And also the fact that Zimmerman was all bloodied - is also an important fact.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

How do we know if in fact its Photoshopped or not? We don't, but the fact remains that both Geraldo and Bill have worn hoodie's in the past. Besides it looks to me like they are having a conversation with the men in front of them? Again this is not the point, point is the statement that was made about hoodie's.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Good Point pk. For sure - we don't know if the photo is real or not.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members
thumbsup

phkrause

• Members

Yes it is interesting, especially when from the same website you get this: http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/9-1-1_tapes_released_trayvon_martin031712

phkrause

• Members

and here's another interesting article:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012...nce-in-the-past

phkrause

Thanks pk. Yeah it sounds like Zimmerman has not been convicted of any crimes so has a clean record.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Thanks pk. Yeah it sounds like Zimmerman has not been convicted of any crimes so has a clean record.

There's also a interview on NPR, if I'm not mistaken, about the crime watch neighborhood not even being legit. They are suppose to be registered. I'm trying to find it and when I do I'm post it.

phkrause

• Moderators

It doesn't matter if the photo is real. The point is that if Gerlado was wearing a hoodie when he was shot to death would it be correct to say that the hoodie is as much the reason for his death as the shooter. That's the point.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

The point is - in real life - Geraldo would not be caught dead in a hoodie. Excuse the pun.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Originally Posted By: Woody

It doesn't matter if the photo is real. The point is that if Gerlado was wearing a hoodie when he was shot to death would it be correct to say that the hoodie is as much the reason for his death as the shooter. That's the point.

thumbsup

phkrause

• Moderators

Quote:

People often have an agenda that clouds their judgment and they are so judgment hungry and hate filled that they want to PRE-judge issues they know nothing about.

That could be a quite accurate description of the shooter. He was told not to follow but he clearly had an agenda. His pre-judgement clouded his mind and cost the life of an innocent child. Clearly he already had problems with "they". Who were/are they who always get away? This guy is a wannabe cop nutcase who shouldn't be on the streets.

There there is the police. Wow.

Self-defence, give me a break.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

I have to wonder if Zimmerman tried to fake the Hoodies attack by breaking his own nose and giving himself a head injury?

I have no doubt that this will go to trial. And I look forward to hearing the truth come out. I am sure a physician could determine if Zimmerman gave himself all of his injuries.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

The first police reports had no mention of Zimmerman being bloody at all.

Truth is important