ClubAdventist is back!

It's the Hoodie's fault?

It certainly is relevant if his skin color had something to do with the murder.

Folks can pretend it's irrelevant but it most definitely is whether you like it or not. Of all people American's should remember why its relevant.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• bonnie

• lazarus

• SivartM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Former NAACP leader accuses Sharpton and Jackson of ‘exploiting’ Trayvon Martin

Published: 2:17 PM 03/26/2012

By Alex Pappas - The Daily Caller

Former NAACP leader C.L. Bryant is accusing Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton of “exploiting” the Trayvon Martin tragedy to “racially divide this country.”

“His family should be outraged at the fact that they’re using this child as the bait to inflame racial passions,” Rev. C.L. Bryant said in a Monday interview with The Daily Caller.

The conservative black pastor who was once the chapter president of the Garland, Texas NAACP called Jackson and Sharpton “race hustlers” and said they are “acting as though they are buzzards circling the carcass of this young boy.”

Jackson, for example, recently said Martin’s death shows how “blacks are under attack” and “targeting, arresting, convicting blacks and ultimately killing us is big business.” (SEE ALSO: Jesse Jackson says Trayvon Martin ‘murdered and martyred’)

George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch captain, killed Martin, a 17-year-old black man who was unarmed at the time of his death, last month. Zimmerman has claimed to have shot Martin in self-defense and has not been charged with a crime.

But Bryant, who explores the topic of black-on-black crime in his new film “Runaway Slave,” said people like Jackson and Sharpton are being misleading to suggest there is an epidemic of “white men killing black young men.”

“The epidemic is truly black on black crime,” Bryant said. “The greatest danger to the lives of young black men are young black men.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/26/former.../#ixzz1qKY71hmV

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Hardly a conservative report

Haven't seen anything of Jessie Jackson salivating over the dead victims of many black on black crimes. Yet the families of the innocent are grieving as surely as the Martin family

What will it take to stop black-on-black crime?

by Chris Roberts, Minnesota Public Radio

July 6, 2007

Listen to feature audio

The statistics tell a tragic story. According to federal crime figures, homicide is the leading cause of death among African-American males aged 15 to 34. They also indicate that between 1976 and 2004, 94 percent of black murder victims were killed by black offenders. While "black-on-black crime" is having a devastating impact in Minnesota and across the country, its racial overtones have made it a difficult problem to address or even discuss. In this story, three community leaders weigh in on the roots of black-on-black crime and what, if anything, can be done about it.

St. Paul, Minn. — St. Paul Police Chief John Harrington views black-on-black crime as a scourge ripping apart his community. Since racial breakdowns of crime statistics are hard to come by in Minnesota, Harrington has been forced to do a lot of digging.

He determined that in 2006, 70 percent of all aggravated assaults in St. Paul, the most violent crimes on the books, were committed against African-Americans. Given the proportion of blacks in the local population, Harrington was shocked.

"In the city where ten percent of the [population] is black, how can you have 70 percent of your victims of this particular crime, which is one of the most horrendous crimes you can do, how can that be so out of whack?" he asks.

As a first step toward controlling the problem, Harrington says you have to figure out who is in the suspect pool. When he divided the suspects by race, it gave him a snapshot of the degree to which black-on-black violence afflicts St. Paul.

Chief Harrington"Just like 70 percent of my victims are black, 70 percent of my suspects are black," he says.

Harrington says black-on-black crime is an outgrowth of two huge problems affecting Black America: the high rate of out-of-wedlock births and gangs.

There are generations of African-Americans who haven't had two parents to show them the way. Harrington says their maturity has been stunted. As a result, he says, there's an overabundance of young men who are un- or under-employed, who have criminal histories and who rely on chemicals to deal with psychological or emotional pain, and young women who are unequipped to be mothers, wives or even girlfriends.

"You put those two in combination and you get an explosion," he says.

Gangs provide an identity for these vulnerable youths and respect is perhaps the number-one value in gang culture. But Harrington says gang members are not seeking respect in the traditional sense.

"They want somebody that steps off when they step up on the corner." They see that as a sign of respect, he says. But then he adds, "I don't think that's a sign of respect; I think that's a sign of fear."

Any sign of disrespect, however slight, can trigger an extremely violent reaction, says Harrington, because too many are unable to control their anger.

"It is the behavior of a child who doesn't get their way," he says. "But it's being acted out by people who are six feet tall and 240 pounds. So when they have a tantrum, that tantrum ends up with broken bones and closed eyes and split lips, and sometimes ends up with people being buried."

An early summer heat wave holds St. Paul in its grip as the Reverend Darryl Spence engages in a meet-and-greet with a group of elderly men and some young kids on the sidewalk. He invites them to a lemonade stand being set up a half block away by St. Paul police officers.

Hot spot in Summit-USpence heads up the God Squad, a ministerial outreach program aimed toward at-risk youth. Today, they've settled on the corner of Fuller and St. Albans in the Summit-University neighborhood. When the sun goes down, roaming bands of young people take over the corner and residents stay inside.

Yes, says Spence, there's a crime problem and yes, part of it stems from black teens not being anchored by a positive identity. But he says the media have to shoulder more of the blame for that. In contrast to some who believe the media tend to ignore black-on-black crime, Spence thinks they give it too much attention.

"Every time you see your face on TV it's with a number under it. Every time you see your brother on TV it's because he's done something. Media plays a major part," he says.

Spence points to the high-profile case of Howard Porter, a black man who was murdered in Minneapolis last spring.

Mending the nest"Our brother Howard Porter suffered a tragic death and immediately it was flip-flopped. His neighbors couldn't come out of the door without a microphone being stuck in their face," he says.

Porter was a respected St. Paul parole officer and former college basketball star and NBA player.

"People weren't allowed to grieve the loss of somebody we'd come to love, because everybody wanted to know if he was doing something bad," he says.

Spence says they wondered about wrongdoing not because Porter was well-known, but because he was black. He also wonders why there's so much emphasis placed on black-on-black crime, but no one uses the term "white-on-white" crime.

V.J.Every Thursday this summer, V.J. Smith, founder of the Minneapolis chapter of the anti-crime group Mad Dads, has been hitting the streets with his crew of volunteers. They've been stopping male passers-by and administering an oath in which the men promise they will never again commit acts of violence and will become "Menders of the Nest."

Smith realizes that taking an oath may seem like only a gesture in the fight against violence, but he says for many people, their word means everything. Still, he says, it will take much more to rebuild the war zones too many black neighborhoods have become.

"Some individuals aren't quite strong enough to make it through a traumatic situation," he says. "They can't look at somebody lying on the ground and watch blood come from them and then be able to go to school the next day and get all A's. They can't see somebody missing from the family that they love and, without getting any kind of help, still be a productive citizen."

Smith says African-Americans need to figure out a way to turn black-on-black-crime into black-on-black love, and he says some people are working on that, but not enough. Smith says the black community will accept any help it can get to combat crime, but it has to do a much better job helping itself.

Mad Dads meeting"When the Catholics had issues they started Catholic Charities," he says. "When the Lutherans had issues they started Lutheran Social Services. When the blacks had issues, we started riots. So we need to do something different."

According to St. Paul Police Chief John Harrington, more black leaders have to come forward to mobilize the community, even if it means taking political risks. Which is why Harrington was pleased when a prominent activist pleaded for witnesses to come forward in the wake of the June shooting in Minneapolis that killed 14-year-old Charez Jones.

"I was delighted, quite frankly, to see Spike Moss come out and call for the community to step up," he says. "I think that's what this takes. We need community leaders to come out and be willing to take unpopular positions."

Harrington says there must be some kind of violence threshold that will cause the black community to rise up as one and demand that black-on-black violence be stopped. Unfortunately, he says, it doesn't appear that threshold has been reached yet.

Quote:
Folks can pretend it's irrelevant but it most definitely is whether you like it or not. Of all people American's should remember why its relevant.

When someone jumps me from behind, smashes my nose in the pavement and gives me a head injury - I really don't care the color of his skin - I am going to defend my life no matter what color he is.

I agree. The issue here is not who was right or wrong as none of us were there to witness the event, but that Dan Jackson, as the president for NAD made Advenstists look foolish by responding in the manner he did. As for 'justice' in this manner? Ha ha, I have yet to see any court in the U.S. provide for true justice! Why didn't Dan Jackson vent on the fraud and crimes the 'banksters' did/do to homeowners in this country and the courts being in bed with them? Now that's the big crime!

• Administrators

I think You're the one who is blind.
thumbsup

None are so blind as those who cannot see

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Keep ignoring the high crime rate of blacks on blacks and concentrate only on a white on black crime.
It matters because black people who kill black people usually do not do it because of racial prejudice. This murder was influenced by racial prejudice. That makes it a racial issue. Racism is an actual problem, believe it or not.

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

Originally Posted By: bonnie
Keep ignoring the high crime rate of blacks on blacks and concentrate only on a white on black crime.
It matters because black people who kill black people usually do not do it because of racial prejudice. This murder was influenced by racial prejudice. That makes it a racial issue. Racism is an actual problem, believe it or not.
At this point,how do you know that for sure,SM?How can you know that the murder was even a murder? How do you know that race played any part in the motive?Remember the media response and the outcry after the Duke Lacrosse Team rape charge? We still don't have all the facts in.It's now turning out that the kid was not the innocent angel that he was originally portrayed to be and the shooter's friends claim he was not racist.Tragedies don't always involve intentional evil, except in the minds of those who won't see otherwise.

• Moderators

Yes,I remember the Civil war history and what followed.I was not there and neither were you.Keep feeling that black skin is the only reason people can experience racism or bigotry or hate.

Again Bonnie you are raging against what you hear in your head rather than what has been posted.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

The major issue that has come out of this story - is how stupid Americans can be when they don't have the facts. Look at what president Obama has done. And sadly - I am ashamed to see that even our church has been sucked into the temptation to prejudge.

Black groups have even put a one million dollar bounty on Zimmermans' head saying he must die and he must die now.

We don't need lynch mobs in American.

We don't need one ethnic group stirring up hatred towards another.

We have plenty of problems we need to face instead of pitting the blacks against the Hispanics.

Please folks - let cooler heads prevail and let the facts come out.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Look at what president Obama has done.

Quote:
Black groups have even put a one million dollar bounty on Zimmermans' head saying he must die and he must die now.

Sigh! making things up again?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Nothing made up. Just the facts. Heard them on Fox News last night. It was a video. I hardly think it was made up.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Nothing made up. Just the facts. Heard them on Fox News last night. It was a video. I hardly think it was made up.

They said they are hoping to have $1 million by next week. You may hope to have a million dollars by next week but you may still be broke next week.

Einstein

Originally Posted By: bonnie
Does the disproportionate amount of violent crime within the black "community" needlessly contribute to racism? Does racism against blacks by whites or hispanics pose a greater problem to blacks (why are we still focusing on color?)than the in house social problems? Is it more critical for society to focus on the alleged racist murder of one teenager than to address the hundreds of intentionally murdered teenagers by those of the same color? Why??

Okay. Whether they have the funds available or not - I do not know. But they did put the bounty out on Zimmerman. In the video they stated an 'eye for and eye and a tooth for a tooth' but no they may not have the funding for it. However - that being said ... the way many Americans are going off acting like they have their heads cut off - I would not be surprised if they get the million dollars real quick.

I believe in Hematology.

You had me going until you said Fox.
If Woody had quoted CNN would it have been more believable? Sounds like this thread is simply echoing every report that the media presents as fact. We're becoming like them!! "He that speaketh before he heareth the whole matter, it is a shame and a folly to him." (Solomon, after attempting to interpret something he heard one of his wives say)

How silly a discussion. The Blacks put out a bounty on Zimmerman and we are debating whether they have the funds available yet to back up their offer. Give me a break.

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

If Woody had quoted CNN would it have been more believable? Sounds like this thread is simply echoing every report that the media presents as fact. We're becoming like them!! "He that speaketh before he heareth the whole matter, it is a shame and a folly to him." (Solomon, after attempting to interpret something he heard one of his wives say)

:like: Solomon's statement

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Originally Posted By: doug yowell

:like: Solomon's statement

:like:

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

How silly a discussion. The Blacks put out a bounty on Zimmerman and we are debating whether they have the funds available yet to back up their offer. Give me a break.

You're the one who is talking about establishing facts but then you don't have them and create a wrong impression. And then call others silly when your errors are pointed out. Weird.

Einstein

No one knows the facts of this case.

The racist furor was created. At some point there needs to be shown that it is possible that there is another side to the story. To allow the misinformation to stand would be a tragedy. I will continue to show that there is another side. And to try to let cooler heads prevail.

If this irritates some - then God be praised.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Is it more critical for society to focus on the alleged racist murder of one teenager than to address the hundreds of intentionally murdered teenagers by those of the same color? Why??

The media doesn't pay much attention to the death of black teens by black teens. They are not going to cover it. The black community pays attention to it but its not really news in the white dominated media. In the same way that missing black teen girls do not garner much attention as missing white teen girls.

Einstein

(why are we still focusing on color?)
Not color, race. Because racism is still a problem. Yes, black people and white people drink from the same water fountains now. Racism is still a problem. Black people in America still experience discrimination.

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

• Moderators

No one knows the facts of this case.

duno So why are you posting anything then? Just be honest. You are simply posting the elements of the story that fit with the perception of the case just like everyone else. Please.

Einstein

Originally Posted By: doug yowell
(why are we still focusing on color?)
Not color, race. Because racism is still a problem. Yes, black people and white people drink from the same water fountains now. Racism is still a problem. Black people in America still experience discrimination.

And I wonder WHY?

The reason is before us right now.

They turn everything that happens into the race card. Their behavior in the Martin/Zimmerman case will only further divide. It will not help their cause. Until we see the day when they are rational and will wait till the facts come out to cry the race card - we will continue to have racism in this country.

Does anyone think that placing a bounty on Zimmerman will help anything?

I believe in Hematology.