Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• bonnie

• lazarus

• SivartM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Posted By: doug yowell
Is it more critical for society to focus on the alleged racist murder of one teenager than to address the hundreds of intentionally murdered teenagers by those of the same color? Why??

The media doesn't pay much attention to the death of black teens by black teens. They are not going to cover it. The black community pays attention to it but its not really news in the white dominated media. In the same way that missing black teen girls do not garner much attention as missing white teen girls.

Neither does the media report when a white person is a murder victim of black racism. That's just the point.They don't mention the color of the victim or the perpetrator when they are the same so killing of blacks itself is not seen as being of particular interest because it doesn't generate the outrage of the black community or the sympathies of the white community either.Only whites killing blacks is seen as a terrible evil that society needs to fix.From a Christian standpoint there's something wrong with that picture.Like Uncle Joe Stalin once remarked,"A single death is a tragedy, a thousand deaths is a statistic."

Come guys, stop it with all of the race vs. race 'stuff'! This has NOTHING to do with race--it's all about self defense so don't turn in into a race issue.

God created all of the races so why debate or fight it? My family is a 'rainbow' family and we don't play the race card--so why should Adventists do it?

Originally Posted By: doug yowell
(why are we still focusing on color?)
Not color, race. Because racism is still a problem. Yes, black people and white people drink from the same water fountains now. Racism is still a problem. Black people in America still experience discrimination.
Do white people ever suffer from discrimination? How bout Asians? Latin Americans? Sure, almost everyone suffers discrimination because of their race or some other reason. But this is no longer Birmingham (circa)1964, and the president of the United States is considered by blacks as being black.So to what degree is race a problem other than the fact that MLK's dream of a country where we judge a person by their character rather than attributing racism to their every motive.

Come guys, stop it with all of the race vs. race 'stuff'! This has NOTHING to do with race--it's all about self defense so don't turn in into a race issue.

God created all of the races so why debate or fight it? My family is a 'rainbow' family and we don't play the race card--so why should Adventists do it?

Excellent sentiments and ones that I whole heartedly agree with.

And besides - if this is a race issue at all - it's a black attacking a Hispanic. Yet - so many are trying to portray it as a "White attacking a Black."

Man things get so perverted.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: Woody
I pray that Obama will not have to use this power over this racial issue the way things are getting over heated:

http://times247.com/articles/kuhner-obama-authorizes-himself-to-declare-martial-law.htm

And that my friends is the REAL reason for the 2nd Amendment!

Dr. Rich -

Obama did this through the powers of "Executive Orders" - See http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-offi...es-preparedness

I believe in Hematology.

SivartM - The bounty being placed was on national TV. In fact - it was originally NBC and not Fox. He put himself out there and now will have to be held accountable in a court of law.
You said that they were protected by the president. They were not. They were arrested. The president in no way expressed approval. I guess because he's black he must be one of The Blacks.

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

Quote:
You said that they were protected by the president. They were not. They were arrested. The president in no way expressed approval. I guess because he's black he must be one of The Blacks.

You are correct. The president never voiced approval of the bounty. And I did not state he did. What I stated was that the president has supported (by his actions and words) - the Black Panther Organization in the past.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
Regardless of Zimmerman's motives, the case was handled much worse than it would have been had it been a white person.

Please provide proof of this accusation. I've not seen anything that would support this idea.

I believe in Hematology.

And besides - if this is a race issue at all - it's a black attacking a Hispanic. Yet - so many are trying to portray it as a "White attacking a Black."

Man things get so perverted.

I'll bet things get perverted. The black person here was shot to death and you're automatically pinning it all on him.

This is not RACE WARS: WHITES VS. BLACKS. This is about how black people are perceived in society.

Quote:
where race is obviously a factor

Herein lies the problem - Race is obviously NOT a factor and you have yet to provide ANY proof for your accusations.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
Regardless of Zimmerman's motives, the case was handled much worse than it would have been had it been a white person.

Please provide proof of this accusation. I've not seen anything that would support this idea.

Zimmerman was not arrested.

Quote:
The black person here was shot to death and you're automatically pinning it all on him.

No. All the actual evidence points to the black person. The physical evidence and the eyewitness evidence. If you have ANY evidence that would point to the Hispanic man - please present it.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
Zimmerman was not arrested.

And that was because all the physical and eyewitness EVIDENCE says that he should not be arrested.

That being said - I am very confident that because of the outcry and racial divisiveness - I do believe that they will bow to the pressure and he will be arrested. But I am confident that when the evidence is reviewed - that Zimmerman will be found innocent.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
The black person here was shot to death and you're automatically pinning it all on him.

No. All the actual evidence points to the black person. The physical evidence and the eyewitness evidence. If you have ANY evidence that would point to the Hispanic man - please present it.

The witnesses are divided. Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trayvon_Martin#Witness_accounts

Practically speaking, an teenager armed with Skittles is going to attack an angry man with a gun?

all the physical and eyewitness EVIDENCE says that he should not be arrested
No, it does not. Fox News says that.

Quote:
Practically speaking, an teenager armed with Skittles is going to attack an angry man with a gun?

WE don't know at what point Martin saw and attempted to grab Zimmerman's gun. Also - Martin had just been suspended for drugs. We don't know what someone who uses drugs will do. They often act irrational.

But for whatever reason - the physical and eyewitness evidence shows that Martin knocked Zimmerman to the pavement and produced a head injury and broken nose to Zimmerman.

Martin then at some point during this altercation attempted to grab the gun that Zimmerman legally had. Zimmerman then had no choice but to defend himself from this attack.

I believe in Hematology.

Also - Martin had just been suspended for drugs. We don't know what someone who uses drugs will do. They often act irrational.

Quote:
Was he on drugs at the time?

Whether he had drugs in his system at the time is something we do not know yet. But - as I stated - someone who makes the choice to use drugs - makes other irrational choices that most of us would just not understand.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
Was he on drugs at the time?

Whether he had drugs in his system at the time is something we do not know yet. But - as I stated - someone who makes the choice to use drugs - makes other irrational choices that most of us would just not understand.

"He used drugs once" is NOT an argument for someone's guilt. George W. Bush was an alcoholic and may have done cocaine at some point, but I don't think you'd accept that as having anything to do with his presidential decisions.

Quote:
"He used drugs once" is NOT an argument for someone's guilt. George W. Bush was an alcoholic and may have done cocaine at some point, but I don't think you'd accept that as having anything to do with his presidential decisions.

George Bush had stopped drinking YEARS before becoming president. Martin had been suspended for drugs just two DAYS prior to his attack on Zimmerman.

I believe in Hematology.

Well - I find this discourse very helpful . I can see how there are always two sides to any coin. I pray we will look at what is happening here and give each other the credit for being good and honest in our attempt to find truth. This discourse to me proves that what for sure we don't want to do is to rush to judgment before having the facts.

I believe in Hematology.