Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• bonnie

• lazarus

• SivartM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Dude, I'm afraid you're raising confirmation bias to a new level introducing reports from a tabloid rag like the Daily Mail.

Your call has been to wait for the trial: so why keep on smearing one side? You want others to suspend judgement, how about showing the way?

Truth is important

Below is what Martin was really like:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...glary-tool.html

He was like a teenager walking home from the store with Skittles.

He MAY have done drugs, he SUPPOSEDLY committed burglary, and neither of those are relevant to the incident in which he was shot, in which he had no weapons and no rational reason to initiate an attack on the person who did attack him.

I agree with his parents. It's a smear campaign designed to play into people's fears about black males. Just subtly enough to attract those who "aren't racist" but still lock the car doors when they see a black man.

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

Originally Posted By: Woody

He MAY have done drugs, he SUPPOSEDLY committed burglary, and neither of those are relevant to the incident in which he was shot, in which he had no weapons and no rational reason to initiate an attack on the person who did attack him.

I agree with his parents. It's a smear campaign designed to play into people's fears about black males. Just subtly enough to attract those who "aren't racist" but still lock the car doors when they see a black man.

I agree that it was irrational of him to attack Zimmerman. And that irrational act resulted in his death which is really sad. But to crucify the personal who was attacked - is also most sad.

And btw - the reason that the character of Martin is being brought into play is because of the portrayal that some are presenting of his as just being an innocent young man walking around with no weapons and just skittles. They are trying to say that Zimmerman wrongly assessed Martin as a possible burglar (which was what Martin was).

IN this situation - the "hoodie" characterization was correct.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Dude, I'm afraid you're raising confirmation bias to a new level introducing reports from a tabloid rag like the Daily Mail.

Your call has been to wait for the trial: so why keep on smearing one side? You want others to suspend judgement, how about showing the way?

:like:

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Not only that none of this has been verified one way or the other either. And right now the whole Sanford Police Department is going to be under investigation, for more than just this case.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

They are trying to say that Zimmerman wrongly assessed Martin as a possible burglar (which was what Martin was).

IN this situation - the "hoodie" characterization was correct.

You don't know that he was! He certainly wasn't robbing anyone when he was shot; that was an unconfirmed accusation from an earlier time and had nothing to do with Zimmerman, who had no idea who Martin was.

I'm wearing a hoodie, so I shouldn't get upset if someone shoots me for looking suspicious. Of course, I'm not one of The Blacks, so of course I'm innocent.

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

Quote:

I should ask - which side started smearing which side.

Zimmerman has been crucified. And all my calls to not prejudge have fallen on deaf ears. My purpose is simply to point out that we do not have the facts and that there is another side to consider. At some point the Zimmerman attacks had to be answered. The lynch mob mentality was just too strong to go unanswered.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
He certainly wasn't robbing anyone when he was shot

And just how do you know that? When Martin attacked Zimmerman - we have no idea of his intentions. The only person who knows why he attacked Zimmerman is Martin and he is dead.

This is an example of the problem here. Too many assumptions presented as fact.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

And all my calls to not prejudge have fallen on deaf ears. My purpose is simply to point out that we do not have the facts and that there is another side to consider. At some point the Zimmerman attacks had to be answered. The lynch mob mentality was just too strong to go unanswered.

Yes but at the same time your doing that to Trayvon Martin. And I'll say it again, "It has not been verified that Zimmerman was attacked." This is one thing that there still trying to find out for sure. Because there is one person claiming this and another saying it ain't so.

phkrause

• Moderators

Neither does the media report when a white person is a murder victim of black racism.

The media does report it. Several examples have been mentioned here. Google it. Perhaps you are saying its not reported way you would like it to be. It used to be a sensationalistic news when blacks killed whites. At one time it was the cause of much consternation when a black man paid to much attention to a white woman.

Your views seem to reflect a 2010 study that whites feel that they face more racism than blacks.

Whites believe that they have replaced blacks as the primary victims of racial discrimination in contemporary America, according to a new study from researchers at Tufts University's School of Arts and Sciences and Harvard Business School.

http://www.newswise.com/articles/whites-believe-they-are-victims-of-racism-more-often-than-blacks

whites believed that racism against whites has increased significantly as racism against blacks has decreased. On average, whites rated anti-white bias as more prevalent in the 2000s than anti-black bias by more than a full point on the 10-point scale. Moreover, some 11 percent of whites gave anti-white bias the maximum rating of 10 compared to only 2 percent of whites who rated anti-black bias a 10. Blacks, however, reported only a modest increase in their perceptions of "reverse racism."

http://www.theroot.com/buzz/white-people-face-worst-racism

Why do you think that a white person killing a black person arouses so much passion? Could it have anything to do with the history of these United States?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Members

Quote:
He certainly wasn't robbing anyone when he was shot

And just how do you know that? When Martin attacked Zimmerman - we have no idea of his intentions. The only person who knows why he attacked Zimmerman is Martin and he is dead.

This is an example of the problem here. Too many assumptions presented as fact.

And your doing the exact same thing Woody. Again there is no verification as of yet as to Zimmerman being attacked by Martin. This is still under investigation.

phkrause

Quote:
And your doing the exact same thing Woody. Again there is no verification as of yet as to Zimmerman being attacked by Martin. This is still under investigation.

Are you then suggesting that he gave himself a head injury and broke his own nose?

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:

Are you then suggesting that he gave himself a head injury and broke his own nose?

Are you suggesting that Martin shot himself?

Quote:
It has not been verified that Zimmerman was attacked

Again - both the eye witness accounts and the physical evidence - show that Zimmerman was attacked. Not sure how much more one needs.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:

Let's not get to the ridiculous.

The witness states that Martin attempted to grab Zimmerman's gun and so Zimmerman after being attacked by Martin - had no choice but to defend himself from the attack and attempted assult on his life.

We call this "self defense".

I believe in Hematology.

Who shot who is not under dispute. Nice dodge of the question though.

It might be safe to assume the broken nose

head injuries and the grass stained clothing came before Martin was shot.Might even be a clue as to why Martin was shot.

In any event,I hope those of you that know this was RACIALLY motivated and that Martin did not contribute to his own death by questionable actions have let the authorities know.

Unless some of you are involved in a type of racial profiling yourselves.

The behavior of Martin prior to this incident did not warrent his death.The decisions/actions on his part before may leave a little clue.He had little respect for authority,consideration of others and the law as far as drugs go,maybe some of this attitude played a part.

Maybe not,maybe Zimmerman killed this young man in cold blood,but explain to me how anyone knows it was racially motivated and Martin was killed solely because he was black

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Quote:

Let's not get to the ridiculous.

The witness states that Martin attempted to grab Zimmerman's gun and so Zimmerman after being attacked by Martin - had no choice but to defend himself from the attack and attempted assult on his life.

We call this "self defense".

There was more than one witness, and some witnesses say it was Zimmerman who attacked. You are choosing to believe Zimmerman's account completely, just like the police did. You are taking a few accounts that say that Martin attacked, construing them to say that Zimmerman was completely innocent and Martin was intent on Zimmerman's life, and that all this was because Martin definitely did drugs a few days before and people who do drugs are, like the whiny black people "crucifying" Zimmerman, characteristically irrational.

It would be on thing if you simply wanted to stay neutral, as you claim, but you are intentionally believing everything you read against Martin while dismissing everything in his favor.

We call this "prejudice".

Originally Posted By: SivartM

head injuries and the grass stained clothing came before Martin was shot.Might even be a clue as to why Martin was shot.

In any event,I hope those of you that know this was RACIALLY motivated and that Martin did not contribute to his own death by questionable actions have let the authorities know.

The behavior of Martin prior to this incident did not warrent his death.The decisions/actions on his part before may leave a little clue.He had little respect for authority,consideration of others and the law as far as drugs go,maybe some of this attitude played a part.

Maybe not,maybe Zimmerman killed this young man in cold blood,but explain to me how anyone knows it was racially motivated and Martin was killed solely because he was black

thumbsup

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
dismissing everything in his favor

To be honest - I've not seen anything in favor of Martin. The only witness who saw anything - says that Martin was attacking Zimmerman (as the physical evidence indicates).

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
We call this "prejudice".

And while ignoring the evidence and insisting race was involved - is called racism.

I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: SivartM

Amen sister! What YOU said makes sense.

Quote:
dismissing everything in his favor

To be honest - I've not seen anything in favor of Martin. The only witness who saw anything - says that Martin was attacking Zimmerman (as the physical evidence indicates).

Why is that hard for some to understand? They seem to run on emotion instead of reasoning.