ClubAdventist is back!

"The Lord took the urge away completely."

Woody

Our purpose here on Earth - is to Glorify God.

In light of the Great Controversy - we are each given a different life and example of how to Glorify Him.

I believe that God is painting a tapestry to present to the world. You need to view all of our lives as evidence in the Great Trial of whose way is best - God or Satan?

God knows what examples are needed to win His case. I pray to God that we don't resist what our purpose as a witness in the trial will be. I trust God to know what He needs.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

First of all, no one keeps the commandments perfectly. Second, I have many urges taken away, but some try to sneak their way in. My pastor told me of a homosexual who had the urge no matter what he did. The pastor informed me that for God to change this particular man into a heterosexual would take a miracle comparable to the resurrection of Lazarus. My answer is: never give up. The urge to be like Christ should surpass all urges, but sometimes we fall. Prayers for all the struggling brethren.

• Members

First of all, no one keeps the commandments perfectly. Second, I have many urges taken away, but some try to sneak their way in. My pastor told me of a homosexual who had the urge no matter what he did. The pastor informed me that for God to change this particular man into a heterosexual would take a miracle comparable to the resurrection of Lazarus. My answer is: never give up. The urge to be like Christ should surpass all urges, but sometimes we fall. Prayers for all the struggling brethren.

Amen!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

If we analyse all the prayers and requests in the Bible, I at least get confused as to how it works. I mean how fervent, how big a request, and just how righteous do we have to be, to avail the very much that we all need from time to time?

I don't like the idea of "storming the halls of Heaven" with all the saints, like my catholic friends believe. Better in my mind, is the concept that we are a community of believers working together for good. I know for my part that every time I smelled smoke I sent up a prayer for OW, as I am sure many here also sent up requests for her. I know for sure that the prayers of my mother helped me go from a 2-3 pack-a-day to 0 were a factor, as well as the fact that I couldn't catch my breath while working at the higher elevations in the northwest. I had already been baptized, though it may have not really taken because three weeks later I was suspended from church school for a week for smoking.

Anyway, God is good and we can thank Them for all Their goodness and gifts They give us

If we analyse all the prayers and requests in the Bible, I at least get confused as to how it works. I mean how fervent, how big a request, and just how righteous do we have to be, to avail the very much that we all need from time to time?

I don't like the idea of "storming the halls of Heaven" with all the saints, like my catholic friends believe. Better in my mind, is the concept that we are a community of believers working together for good. I know for my part that every time I smelled smoke I sent up a prayer for OW, as I am sure many here also sent up requests for her. I know for sure that the prayers of my mother helped me go from a 2-3 pack-a-day to 0 were a factor, as well as the fact that I couldn't catch my breath while working at the higher elevations in the northwest. I had already been baptized, though it may have not really taken because three weeks later I was suspended from church school for a week for smoking.

Anyway, God is good and we can thank Them for all Their goodness and gifts They give us

Thank you for your prayers. I am still smoke free, since last Sunday evening about 8:00pm. chickendance

• Members

Thank you for your prayers. I am still smoke free, since last Sunday evening about 8:00pm. chickendance

hifive

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}