ClubAdventist is back!

Facebook Help --- _PLEASE

Woody

Can anyone tell me how to adjust Facebook Notifications?

I have a friend that Facebook notifies me of everytime she posts ANYthing. It has nothing to do with ME. It's just everytime she does something - I get notified.

I've gone to the Facebook Notifications modifications and can't find any reason or way to modify this happening. For sure - it is not something that "I" approved of.

The only option I can find is to stop ALL of her posting notifications. I don't want that. If she does something that is related to me I want to be notified. And I want to see her posts - so I don't want to block her.

I hope I have articulated this well enough for you to understand and I hope SOMEone can help me.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

I don't think you can do that Woody. You either see all or none. I will check and see but I'm pretty sure you can't. Unless someone else has an Idea.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I don't think you can do that Woody. You either see all or none. I will check and see but I'm pretty sure you can't. Unless someone else has an Idea.

I find this very strange. I have over 250 friends. Many are active on FB. But one one friend do I get notifications of ALL that she does. My other friends I only get notifications of when they do something that is related to me or when some mention of me is made or when there is some posting that I have connected to is active.

Do you follow what I am trying to say? This one friend is treated totally different than all the rest. Don't know how that happened.

I believe in Hematology.

This is what you do.

Go to your newsfeed, and scroll over the friends name. A box will come up that says "friend", scroll over that and a menu will drop down, one option says "Show in Newsfeed" and under that it says "settings", click on that, another menu will drop down, uncheck everything that is annoying you about this person.

Holler if you still need help. :)

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Members

I got what your saying, but maybe its your friends that set it up that way? Not sure? Maybe you should ask one of them and see?

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

No, I'm sure, too, that it's on Woody's end where the adjustments have to be made.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Thank you so much Liz.

That was a big help and I think that might solve the problem. I also unclicked "close friend" status. But I have no idea what that does or means.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

This is what you do.

Go to your newsfeed, and scroll over the friends name. A box will come up that says "friend", scroll over that and a menu will drop down, one option says "Show in Newsfeed" and under that it says "settings", click on that, another menu will drop down, uncheck everything that is annoying you about this person.

Holler if you still need help. :)

Good one Liz, I think that's right. Its been a long time since I actually messed with preference's. I was gonna check into it but as usual got to doing something else. I do hope that helps Woody?

phkrause

• Moderators

Close friend means you see everything that person does. For that reason I don't have close friend checked for anyone!

LD

LD