ClubAdventist is back!

Urgent Prayer Request

Taylor

Terry will be restored Taylor. Never doubt it. Jesus has more work for him to do.

Clio

Abba Father,

I give You glory, honor, and praise for grace which allows the healing and restoral of Terry to his family. I praise Your Mighty Name, Hallelujah to JHVH. Thank You.

Jesus, my Jesus, Master Physician, Healer, I claim the promises on behalf of Terry that with Your stripes we are healed. You were scourged instead of us, not once, but twice. I thank You for the healing You are working in Terry. You alone are worthy of all honor and praise, how I glorify You. Jesus, I want to cast my crown at Your feet, for You are wonderful.

Thank You for healing Terry. Restore him whole to Shannon and his family. Cover them with healing, with Your Grace, and Your Mercy.

Thank You for answering this prayer according to Your perfect will. sparkleheart.gif

A heart where He alone has first place.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an update from Terry's Dad. Sorry I haven't updated you in a while. I am out of the USA on a mission trip and can't log on as often as usua.

Taylor

Surgery tomorrow - we think! At least they have it scheduled for 1:00 p.m.. We will see what happens. Terry is doing really well, so they would like to get it taken care of during this window of opportunity. If it happens tomorrow we probably wouldn't get Dr Gallager as the neurosurgeon and that is disappointing since we have developed a lot of confidence in him. He is the one who told us he has been praying for Terry and wants us praying for him. It will probably be Dr Fullbright, the neurosurgeon who was behind Terry on the bike ride and was one of three doctors that stopped to help after his accident. God knows best, and we will leave it in His hands.

We had three exciting developments today.

This morning Terry seemed to be wrenching up his face and writhing in pain. It got so bad we asked the nurse to give him some more pain medicine. But she seemed very hesitant. She said the doctors had been pleased to see emotions on his face this morning. And, she pointed out, his heart rate wasn't going up - in other words, his contortions didn't seem to be pain. She didn't say more, but we started watching more closely. It really did seem like maybe he wasn't in pain, so much as he was trying to tell us something (he can't make sound because of the trache in his throat - only can move his mouth). Shannon asked, "Terry, are you trying to talk to us?" and he seemed to twist his mouth up and say "yes". Then he seemed to form the word, "hurts" and then a whole lot more.

After several minutes of him trying to talk and us trying to understand she asked him to stop and let us ask him questions instead. He lay back and we asked him if he hurt. Immediately he made this contorted face and could possibly have formed a "yes". We asked if his head hurt (which it shouldn't). He lay still and only moved his lips slightly. Then we asked if his throat hurt (it should because of the NG tube). He screwed up his face and silently yelled out that contorted word we thought was a "YES". Next we asked if his arm hurt (there is no damage and he moves it so we thought he would say "no"). He was quiet, almost no movement of his lips. We asked about his chest (broken ribs should be hurting a lot). Again he made that silent shouted "Yyyyeeeeaaahhhhsssssss".

All the way home I practiced and realized I could say "no" without moving anything but the tip of my tongue, but to say "yes" I need to move my jaw, back of my tongue, and tip. If I had as many canker sores on my tongue as he has bites on his, I would have had a VERY hard time saying that "yes". And if no one seemed to be understanding me, I would have made it as pronounced as possible.

This afternoon he didn't seem to be as worried about trying to talk to us. But a couple of minutes into our visit Barbara thought she saw his foot move. Now remember, they have told us it is a total break of the spine and they don't see any way there could be anything below the waist. She decided maybe it just jiggled when he moved his shoulders and wiggled the bed. But then Shannon and her Grandma saw it too. It didn't seem to be in time with his other movements. They started wiggling his toes and rubbing his feet, something we have been doing for three weeks now with absolutely no response - we have even been rubbing cream on them. Then Wreatha (Shannon's Grandma) took her little finger and lightly rubbed the bottom of his foot - it distinctly jerked - the same way it would have if she had done it a month ago when he was sleeping on the couch. We did it again and again on both feet. I even videoed it several times.

We aren't neurologists, or even nurses, but we were VERY excited. When the nurse came in we told her. She paused and said slowly, "I saw that also, about an hour ago, when I moved a monitor from his hand to his foot. That is the first time we have seen any response from his feet." You could tell she was quite excited, but she was trying to stay calm and said "we will just have to watch this for a while and see how it develops."

Then she went on to tell us that she had watched the tech talking to Terry earlier when he was just really moving his face and mouth a lot. She said she saw Terry calm down, look at the tech, and really seem to try and listen to her and respond. She told us she couldn't say for sure, but that is really what it looked like to her. We told her about him "talking" to us and again she said we would just have to keep watching this new development.

When we went back in tonight we saw one of the young doctors that we really appreciate. He told us about the surgery being scheduled and explained several different things. While he talked Terry kept moving his foot. We asked if the nurses had told him about this new development. He said they hadn't. So we pulled up the sheet and showed him that Terry jerked his foot when we ran our fingernail along the bottom. We asked him what he thought it might mean. He said, "I have one word for that - its a miracle!" He said muscle spasms can cause twitching after a severe injury, but that is usually in the first week or two only. We are now way beyond that and he doesn't think there is any way to explain it as simply reflexes. He will make sure the surgeons know before they go into surgery.

Finally, we were frustrated tonight as we watched Terry try over and over to tell us things. He just couldn't get us to understand. After many tries Shannon said, "Terry, if you are trying to tell us something wink at me." Immediately he tried. The left eye closed part way. It took him two tries and he got it all the way. He has NEVER shut just one eye during these three weeks. After a minute she said, "Terry, do it again." Immediately he gave a complete wink. We all got SO excited and told him that was wonderful. Then, I gave him some fatherly advice - just don't do it to the nurses! :-)

As usual, we left Shannon alone with him for the last few minutes. When she came out she said she told him tomorrow was their anniversary (their second one). He got a shocked and frustrated look on his face. "Yes," she said, "you have been in here for three weeks!" Then he got really frustrated and started moving his arms all over and trying desperately to say something. I guess he had no idea how long he had been in there. Shannon has been telling him every day what happened and what is going on, but I guess we haven't really said much about how long it has been. We all hope it won't be too much longer.

Thank you so much for all your prayers. We know God is in control. We believe He is healing Terry. And we pray that we will all (including Terry) will let God use whatever abilities He gives us to His honor and glory. We want to see the work finished so Jesus can come.

Homer Trecartin, Secretary-Treasurer

Middle East Union of Seventh-day Adventists

It has really been amazing to watch this young man recover from death's door. I'm positive without the strong arm of the Lord upon him, he would not have made it. Praise God!

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot

• Administrators

Taylor,

Thank you for the update. Will continue to pray for Terry's recovery. Also, that his family and friends will be blessed with God's peace and courage.

Naomi

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Abba Father -

Terry is doing better, and for this we praise You. Thank You for the healing You have done in him, we give You glory, honor, and praise.

Abba, there is still a long way to go, but we know You are in control. Please cover the hands of the surgeons with Yours, guide them, and make their thoughts clear, direct them. We ask for full and complete healing for Terry, not because we haven't asked before, but because we know that You know our hearts... and we desire this greatly...

Thank You my King. We will be most careful to give all glory, honor, and praise to You for this miracle unfolding before our eyes.

Amen.

Clio

A heart where He alone has first place.